R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-23-2011, 10:48 PM   #226
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragarcher View Post
We have been contacting everyone on the pre order list since last Wednesday! get your PayPal's paid and your cars will be in the mail. We have parts stocked up too, the kit comes with everything you need (even a servo saver and spur gear) but you might want some rear axle spacers, and king pin spacers if your thinking about laying the servo flat. I used X-Ray servo posts with my 951 KO and had to use 8 2.5mm spacers, then 4 more at the steering arms to correct bump steer. You don't need any of that stuff if you use the angle mounts that come in the kit but I gotta be me.
I recieved the email last wed and I am waiting for the total cost with the spare parts since last firday...still waiting answer from them..
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 AM   #227
Tech Addict
 
Jim Frahm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 537
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Frahm
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I recieved the email last wed and I am waiting for the total cost with the spare parts since last firday...still waiting answer from them..
I'm in the same boat! My guess is they are very busy trying to take care of everyone, including those folks going to Snowbird.

If it's as good as the early reports, then it's worth the wait.....

Jim F.
__________________
Serpent S411 ERYX, Reedy 25.5, FLOW
AE 12R5.2, Trinity 17.5, ORCA
Jim Frahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #228
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,489
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
Hi Ritchie
You can email them and ask for parts list ,but right now they don't have the price list set up...
I'll just wait to go shopping until I go down there next month
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #229
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I'll just wait to go shopping until I go down there next month
They may be sold out by than...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:48 AM   #230
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,498
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch-Air View Post
I'm in the same boat! My guess is they are very busy trying to take care of everyone, including those folks going to Snowbird.

If it's as good as the early reports, then it's worth the wait.....

Jim F.
No problem for me ..I can wait...
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #231
Tech Champion
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,489
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
They may be sold out by than...
Then that's one less top car in the A Main at carpet nats.
__________________
#49, #25a, #91, #7, #12 the ones to watch.... UPDATE. #12 is your new AMA GNC #1

A Northwest Team of Positive actions
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #232
Tech Master
 
el salvador's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Western Seattle Bucko!
Posts: 1,062
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I'll just wait to go shopping until I go down there next month
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Then that's one less top car in the A Main at carpet nats.
Pickup Two Kits while you're there...............I'll trade ya 2-5.5mm Bullet Connecters for 1 Rebel Kit!
__________________
ARC R8 X2/ Max RP9 or O.S. R2101 ,Capricorn LAB C02-TOP Elite R, ARC R11....

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #233
Tech Apprentice
 
Juanqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 61
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The car is doing a pretty good job at the Snowbirds!! Let's see what happens!!

My rebel is on the way!!
Juanqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:33 AM   #234
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Hey guys. Just got the Rebel.

So, this is my 1st 1/12th. What's the recommended gear ratio / roll out for a mid to large track running 10.5T motor with a boost esc?

Any starting point would be great. Thanks a bunch.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:56 AM   #235
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29TC View Post
Hey guys. Just got the Rebel.

So, this is my 1st 1/12th. What's the recommended gear ratio / roll out for a mid to large track running 10.5T motor with a boost esc?

Any starting point would be great. Thanks a bunch.
Assuming you're running 1S Lipo here (didn't mention that) and obviously depending on settings of the speedo and the motor, somewhere in the range of 50-55mm/rev

What speedo/battery/motor combo are you running ?
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:09 AM   #236
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_dono View Post
Assuming you're running 1S Lipo here (didn't mention that) and obviously depending on settings of the speedo and the motor, somewhere in the range of 50-55mm/rev

What speedo/battery/motor combo are you running ?
Oops my mistake. Since it's a 1/12th, I assumed only 1S will fit.
Anyways, I'll be running 1S.
ESC i'll be using a RS Pro. And motor Trinity D3 10.5t.

So, the kit comes with 64P 100T. And tire diameter 48mm, I would need to start with pinion size of 35T.
I will get roll out 52.75mm
Formula: [(48 X 3.14)/(100/35)].

Is that correct?
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #237
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,122
Trader Rating: 238 (100%+)
Default

You have used the formula correctly, though I would (as would most others) strongly recommend against running the tires at 48mm (even though that's where they are initially shipped). Most race setups seem based around 44-ish mm tires, the difference to 48 can mean easy traction rolling and at the very least massive tire chunking which really eliminates the "economy" realized having not trued the rubber off initially.

I start my tires at 46mm for club racing and like to have a supply of 42-43mm tires when I arrive at a bigger race.

Using your 100t spur gear you would need a 38t pinion at 45mm and a 41t at 41mm to maintain the gearing at your 53-ish mm rollout. 35t-45t pinion set would probably give you some tuning room, though 100t spurs have fallen out of favor of late. If you think you might run some "spec" you might want to consider a smaller spur and re-calculate the range needed to handle both classes.
__________________
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #238
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
You have used the formula correctly, though I would (as would most others) strongly recommend against running the tires at 48mm (even though that's where they are initially shipped). Most race setups seem based around 44-ish mm tires, the difference to 48 can mean easy traction rolling and at the very least massive tire chunking which really eliminates the "economy" realized having not trued the rubber off initially.

I start my tires at 46mm for club racing and like to have a supply of 42-43mm tires when I arrive at a bigger race.

Using your 100t spur gear you would need a 38t pinion at 45mm and a 41t at 41mm to maintain the gearing at your 53-ish mm rollout. 35t-45t pinion set would probably give you some tuning room, though 100t spurs have fallen out of favor of late. If you think you might run some "spec" you might want to consider a smaller spur and re-calculate the range needed to handle both classes.
Agreed, run a smaller tyre (44-46mm rear) for club meetings. Try a 96t spur, that's what I'm using for the 10.5 class, I find the 100t a little too large on the car.
__________________
CPD Racing
chris_dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #239
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 108
Default

Congrats to E.J. Evans for his 2nd place finish in 17.5 at the Snowbirds! Let me be the first to ask for your setup.
__________________
Independent Racer, J-Spec sand and sealer, Dog hair free since 2011
Dragarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:56 PM   #240
Tech Apprentice
 
Juanqui's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 61
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I believe Mike Dumas was also racing the new TOP Rebel 12. And won the 13.5 A main!!!
Juanqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car keithander Electric On-Road 9053 02-24-2016 07:51 PM
Trains and Lanes Onroad Racing Summer 08 edition t_laible Racing Forum 2280 06-09-2010 02:41 PM
FS: 1/12 Scale, GTB, 9650 Servo, receivers, Setup Station, DPD, Lathe, +more revolution31 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 27 12-18-2009 12:09 PM
3-10-2007 Trenton Carpet Racing ShaunMac Georgia Racing 10 03-09-2007 02:49 PM
Hampton MN Rc Racing Mark O'Brien Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 411 01-05-2007 12:47 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0