Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE! >

Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE!

Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE!

Old 06-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love Paragon, it smells like candy.

The TQ+ compound sucks bigtime on carpet. It's squirmy for about a minute until it gets up to temp.

Shoot, considering I've been a hobbyist for over 20 years there have been plenty of other chemicals I should be worried about, such as:

Mineral Spirits (Paint thinner)
Laquer thinner
Acetone
Filling putty
Liquid polystrene cement
Super glue (Cyanoacrylate)
Various greases and oils
Enamel Paints
Laquer paints
Denatured alcohol
Isopropyl alcohol
Powdered graphite
Motor cleaner
Traction compound
Paint particals and vapor suspended in air

Plus various others.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:49 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Soviet
I love Paragon, it smells like candy.

The TQ+ compound sucks bigtime on carpet. It's squirmy for about a minute until it gets up to temp.

Shoot, considering I've been a hobbyist for over 20 years there have been plenty of other chemicals I should be worried about, such as:

Mineral Spirits (Paint thinner)
Laquer thinner
Acetone
Filli
Well most of those chemicals you just mentioned are in tire additives including Paragon
Old 06-29-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

whoever made the comment about banning all tire additives so we actually have to set up our cars and actually drive them, can i please borrow some of your tire sauce because none of ther tire sauce i have makes my car handle perfectly and it doesn't drive my car for me iether
Old 06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adootindotin
whoever made the comment about banning all tire additives so we actually have to set up our cars and actually drive them, can i please borrow some of your tire sauce because none of ther tire sauce i have makes my car handle perfectly and it doesn't drive my car for me iether

I agree, let's ban ALL tire additives!! Better yet, let's ban ALL TIRES!!! We could all just race on wheels, and then there'd be no unfair performance advantage from traction compounds or secret tire/insert combos.

Of course there'd be a ton of plastic dust floating around, and that can't be good for anyone's health.......

This argument is senseless. I don't like breathing in dirt and dust because it bothers my respiratiory tract, so you know what I do? I DON'T RACE DIRT!!!
Perhaps those who are unable to tolerate Paragon could all run offroad?
Old 06-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Seems to me we should change our "handles" to be Don Quiote. It seems there is a little of him in all of us, in some respects, we all are off chasing "Windmills" supporting one cause or another.

This is the only explaination that I can come up with why we waste time on crap like this thread. And at the time we don't have anything else better to do. (Like me right now).
Old 06-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Lufaso sums it up rather well, please read...

http://home.sc.rr.com/mlufaso/rc/Paragon.html

Hey Ian, how's it going? Go BAR Honda!
Old 07-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i knowsded it but, my track just opend a window or some thing or fans just to keep the air goin
Old 07-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

As far as the Snowbirds go - They did ban Paragon 1 year and the last round of qualifying all TQ's were broken and the make up of the mains drastically changed. I walked through tech and was smelling different car's tires (I grew up in a carpet track so it really doesn't bother me at all) after watching these TQ runs and most of everyone was using Paragon even though they weren't supposed to. Snowbirds decided that they aren't going to bother to police it because it was too difficult and they didn't want their tech crew stoned from huffin tires all day - that's why the Bird's has no tire traction restrictions and hasn't for the past few years.

As for the rest - ban motor spray..lol.. I think Mr. Lufaso's report speaks for itself.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kklemmo
Lufaso sums it up rather well, please read...

http://home.sc.rr.com/mlufaso/rc/Paragon.html

Hey Ian, how's it going? Go BAR Honda!
Currently, pretty crappy my friend!!! And Go BAR, I hope they can finish ahead of Minardi this season. Man did the FIA screw them or what?