Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE! >

Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE!

Guy almost passed out at my local track.. READ THIS PLEASE!

Old 06-27-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you would not believe how well paragon works for balding...well i cant say for sure its the paragon, but a little dab in my shampoo every night, and im 28 with a full head of hair... The ladies love the smell to.. maybe there going brain dead from smelling it.. who cares it works..
Old 06-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

We need some conclusive evidence on this, not just "my friend did/didn't pass out because Paragon/TQ/etc. is/isn't harmful/the best tire additive on the planet" stories. It can't possibly be as bad as soldering fumes. What about all the radio waves bouncing around indoor tracks? Are we disturbing granny's pacemaker and slowly scrambling our own brains? The point is, we can't be conclusive really about anything until scientific testing is done.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well here was the link to an ohio state test on the stuff... the link no longer works.. but it did say paragon was the least toxic of the ones tested...

http://www.chemistry.ohio-state.edu...rc/Paragon.html
Old 06-27-2005, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burbs
well here was the link to an ohio state test on the stuff... the link no longer works.. but it did say paragon was the least toxic of the ones tested...

http://www.chemistry.ohio-state.edu...rc/Paragon.html
email Lufaso...he will fix the link
Old 06-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Dookey is dookey, I don't need no scientific study to tell me that it stinks. I don't like the smell of it so I don't go sticking my head in the hole! And I don't sit in the out-house with my Sears Catalog for 45 minutes either!

You want a conclusive scientific study, then get these little pansies to fund it and leave my tax dollars alone.

I spent 20 years in the Navy, if the things that I got into didn't kill me, then whiffing Paragon sure won't either.

Last edited by Hick; 06-28-2005 at 09:00 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zaner24
We need some conclusive evidence on this, not just "my friend did/didn't pass out because Paragon/TQ/etc. is/isn't harmful/the best tire additive on the planet" stories. It can't possibly be as bad as soldering fumes. What about all the radio waves bouncing around indoor tracks? Are we disturbing granny's pacemaker and slowly scrambling our own brains? The point is, we can't be conclusive really about anything until scientific testing is done.
true true true....i have just finished reading this thread from start to finish, and i now have a headache....so it is a danger to my health, and dont microwave your food as they will find out in another 20 years when we all mutate that it is not good for us. everything in life has hazzards, dont ride a bike you may fall off. we just have to accept what we think is safe for our own personal use. i personally dont like any traction compounds and am lucky that the tracks i go to dont need them to race. i have been to some that do use them all the time and the smell can get quiet funky, but i never passed out and i have never seen anyone else pass out. sorry about the dribble i have been at work for 8 hours and am a little tired, ooopps i may have an accidend and get hurt, note to self dont get tired again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Damn!

My head hurts, and my vision is blurred.... Can reading about the dangers of Paragon do this to me???

Regardless of the "Law", people need to be responsible for themselves and thier offspring... period...

Anyway, not one time did I see mentioned the dangers of Solder and the fumes that soldering creates. AFAIK, FAR more dangerous than Motor Spray, or any foul smelling tire juice....

The nausious guy in the first post had to either already be sick, or he has a very low tolerance.... for anything, and should stay at home, indoors, windows shut, eating organic tomatos and drinking triple purified water.

Do ANY of you complaining about tire sauce smell smoke cigarettes? If so, LMFAO...

There are tragedies in life, and most of the time they are just accidents, with no malicious intent. Some people need to blame others, and/or they want some free $.... pathetic....
Old 06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

scml...try about page 3 for the soilder smoke/fumes, it has been mentioned.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyway, not one time did I see mentioned the dangers of Solder and the fumes that soldering creates. AFAIK, FAR more dangerous than Motor Spray
According to the MSDS book outside my office, the chemicals in motor spray are far more dangerous than solder fumes.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

My apologies for including motor spray in my short list of things worse than tire sauce....

I did see solder fumes on page 3, but the point was this entire discussion has been about Paragon..... which is not nearly as harmful. Seems most just don't like the smell (I don't either, but come on...), and think that telling everyone that it is harmful will make people stop using it.

You see I've been drinking a shot glass of motor spray before each heat, it seems to give me that extra kick I need to do well. Maybe I'll take my own advice and never venture outside again, it's dangerous!

I'll refer you all to this list, and I'm pretty sure most of the people reading this are close to the age that this applies to -

People over 35 should be dead. Here's why.

According to today's regulators and bureaucrats, those of us who were kids in the 40's, 50's, 60's, or even maybe the early 70's probably shouldn't have survived.

Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets, ... and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets. (Not to mention the risks we took hitchhiking.)

As children, we would ride in cars with no seatbelts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

Horrors!

We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we were never overweight because we were always outside playing.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes.

After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the street lights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day.

NO CELL PHONES!!!!!

Unthinkable!

We fell out of trees, got cut and broke bones and teeth, and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

They were accidents.

No one was to blame but us.

Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms, and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes, nor did the worms live inside us forever.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.

Some students weren't as smart as others, so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade.

Horrors!

Tests were not adjusted for any reason.

Our actions were our own.

Consequences were expected.

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law.

Imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

People under 30 are WIMPS
All in good fun. =)
Old 06-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

i remember those days.....funny enough i am 32.....just made it.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

That is just great, you have just given the wimps a way out of taking responsibility for themselves.

Now they can blame their "plight" and "strange behaviors" on those of us over 35, we either raised them (the wimps) or taught them.

Oh @#$, I just thought of another problem. We (these wimps and I) might be related As I trifled with every young lady of questionable and negotiable virtures that I could, whilst I was in Uncle Sam's service.

My the god's forgive me!

Last edited by Hick; 06-28-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Tech Initiate

The following is Courtesy of Calvin from another forum and it fits most forums quite well.

Some of the reasons to avoid posting on some of the more popular sites.

How many discussion forum posters does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"

... another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Well said Calvin

Last edited by Tucker; 06-29-2005 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

You guys think Paragon smells bad, ....wonder how many of you been to Asia and seen/smelt a local fruit called a DURIAN ??

Old 06-29-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love Paragon, it smells like candy.

The TQ+ compound sucks bigtime on carpet. It's squirmy for about a minute until it gets up to temp.

Shoot, considering I've been a hobbyist for over 20 years there have been plenty of other chemicals I should be worried about, such as:

Mineral Spirits (Paint thinner)
Laquer thinner
Acetone
Filli

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.