Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LiamC
What tyre setup do people find work well indoor on carpet? Our club hasn't got any rules as to make or size (55 or 60d).

On my previous M06 I ran the treaded Pit Shimizu soft compound tyres, which really well for me, but I was wondering if there are any others I should consider?

Sweeps are very popular in the UK with M05's, but haven't seen anyone run them on the 06's..

Liam
Stay with 60d for top speed. Sweeps with soft pink insert work great. I run 36 front and 33 rear
Old 01-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

What tyre setup do people find work well indoor on carpet? Our club hasn't got any rules as to make or size (55 or 60d).

On my previous M06 I ran the treaded Pit Shimizu soft compound tyres, which really well for me, but I was wondering if there are any others I should consider?

Sweeps are very popular in the UK with M05's, but haven't seen anyone run them on the 06's..

Liam
Stay with 60d for top speed. Sweeps with soft pink insert work great. I run 36 front and 33 rear
Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Raman
Cheers, what 60D would you say? I have got quite a few Tamiya Type-A slicks in the garage..
Old 01-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

By 60D I meant the large diameter tyres. ABC hobby for instance are 55D. Sweeps are close to 60D. I have had great success with Sweeps.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

I personally would say that Sweeps are closer to 55D, comparing them to Tamiya tyres which are 60D.

I'll give the Sweeps a try though
Old 01-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Tech Rookie

I personally would say that Sweeps are closer to 55D, comparing them to Tamiya tyres which are 60D.

I'll give the Sweeps a try though
Old 01-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

You're right I confused them with the inch up Ride series.

The sweeps measure 56 in diameter. Their rims are also slightly larger in diameter than other m chassis rims, so you're stuck with their rims.

Sounds like you were running the 60D Shimizu which come in S, M, H shores. They also have a Racing Inner Mesh series which are 55D. They are available from 24 shore to 40 shore. They also have a super sticky rear shore. I actually started out with these and soon realised the foam that comes with the tyres is absolute junk. Once my sweeps are done, I plan on eventually testing them out with sweep insert.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM
Tech Rookie

You're right I confused them with the inch up Ride series.

The sweeps measure 56 in diameter. Their rims are also slightly larger in diameter than other m chassis rims, so you're stuck with their rims.

Sounds like you were running the 60D Shimizu which come in S, M, H shores. They also have a Racing Inner Mesh series which are 55D. They are available from 24 shore to 40 shore. They also have a super sticky rear shore. I actually started out with these and soon realised the foam that comes with the tyres is absolute junk. Once my sweeps are done, I plan on eventually testing them out with sweep insert.
The Shimizu ones I was running were definitely 55D, I know the 60D ones you are referring too, but these are treaded.

I was running them with a medium foam insert, rather than the sponge (can't remember the make though).
Old 01-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, building the M-06 for my son and doing the diff and notice that it is leaking before even running the car. What do u guys do to prevent leakage?

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Most put tamiya's aw grease or associated black grease in the diff. Its not really designed for silicone lubes. The spec-r or 3 racing one seals much better.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Most put tamiya's aw grease or associated black grease in the diff. Its not really designed for silicone lubes. The spec-r or 3 racing one seals much better.
thanks
Old 01-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by whitrzac
Has anyone tried a 239mm body on the M06?

I would love to run a s2000, BMW roadster, boxster, etc body...

I did use the Mazda RX7 & Beetle shell for over one year.
The beetle shell has poor grip in the rear, and this is a big disadvantage, the RX7 is quite ok, but the design of the RX7 is not my favorite one...
i also have the Porsche 914, but did never use it, because i now changed to SWB, i do believe it's easier for me to find the right setup...

Old 01-05-2014, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Liam
we have to use Tamiya tires in our local TCS.
this weekend our 2nd Carpet TCS was held.
i stated my setup on a very high grip carpet around 5 pages earlier in this thread. today, the carpet has a little less grip. i had to change tires to S-Grip all around. but still was able to fight against the fastest M-05s.

i ran 16.0 sec fastest lap times only one lap of the m-05s was faster. (15,9)
unfortunately i made to much mistakes, although i did not make much, but they were to much :roll eyes:
6 minutes runs and at the end 1 second difference between 1st-2nd-3rd-and 4th place
so it was fun to driving in with the m-05s in the same speed-league *g*
Old 01-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Tech Adept

Aitutaki, Could you tell me where you race in Austria? We spend summers 45-minute drive from Salzburg. Would love to race with you.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aitutaki
we have to use Tamiya tires in our local TCS.
this weekend our 2nd Carpet TCS was held.
i stated my setup on a very high grip carpet around 5 pages earlier in this thread. today, the carpet has a little less grip. i had to change tires to S-Grip all around. but still was able to fight against the fastest M-05s.

i ran 16.0 sec fastest lap times only one lap of the m-05s was faster. (15,9)
unfortunately i made to much mistakes, although i did not make much, but they were to much :roll eyes:
6 minutes runs and at the end 1 second difference between 1st-2nd-3rd-and 4th place
so it was fun to driving in with the m-05s in the same speed-league *g*
Congrats Aitutaki!

So you did a great job again!
On our carpet track,I always prefer the 60d M-Grips over the S-grips, as I found them to have more grip on a carpet surface than the S-Grips, although rubber should be softer. Probably nothing new for you, but if you maybe need even more grip...

Keep on the good work,
Happy new year from Germany,
Matthias

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.