Old 02-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #1471
Tech Rookie

I have a m06. Just got it and not a bad car for
The first one.
Sphlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:59 AM   #1472
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Does anyone know the part ### for the RED steering turnbuckle? The long one from the servo to the bellcrank.

I found the silver and blue ones, but not the red
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #1473
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Does anyone know the part ### for the RED steering turnbuckle? The long one from the servo to the bellcrank.

I found the silver and blue ones, but not the red
The red pieces were only available with the M06R. They were not available separately.

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #1474
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
The red pieces were only available with the M06R. They were not available separately.

All the other turnbuckles/ballstuds are...
whitrzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #1475
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi
I'm built up a standard M06 but added the 3Racing oil damper kit. Any suggestions on sources for springs? I'm running the short Tamiya reds up front which are listed as soft but the front of the car still seems way oversprung.

Thanks
Chaz955i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:02 PM   #1476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Last year was a crazy year and I didn't get much time behind the wheel of an RC. I recently moved to Las Vegas. On-road racing here is a challenge, most do off-road and any drive to California for race. I did find a parking lot race and went to try it out on Friday.

I was the only one with an m chassis so they through me in with the 1/18 class. Those guys are actually really quick, some run 13.5 motors.. And here I am with a 21.5. Nonetheless I held my own.. First heat I was in 2nd place until a stupid error and then finished 3rd. For the second heat I decided to go for a little more speed and added some timing to my motor. Which was a big mistake and I ended up hitting a barrier and breaking the steering knuckle (I hope the M05 V2 new arms and knuckles are more durable!)

For the main I went down in timing again and I was doing really well until I get stuck and the Marshall took too long to free me. I then had to play catch up and finished middle of the pack.

Everyone was very impressed since it was a rear wheel drive. I was impressed since the car was untouched from one year ago.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #1477
Tech Adept

Quote:
Last year was a crazy year and I didn't get much time behind the wheel of an RC. I recently moved to Las Vegas. On-road racing here is a challenge, most do off-road and any drive to California for race. I did find a parking lot race and went to try it out on Friday.

I was the only one with an m chassis so they through me in with the 1/18 class. Those guys are actually really quick, some run 13.5 motors.. And here I am with a 21.5. Nonetheless I held my own.. First heat I was in 2nd place until a stupid error and then finished 3rd. For the second heat I decided to go for a little more speed and added some timing to my motor. Which was a big mistake and I ended up hitting a barrier and breaking the steering knuckle (I hope the M05 V2 new arms and knuckles are more durable!)

For the main I went down in timing again and I was doing really well until I get stuck and the Marshall took too long to free me. I then had to play catch up and finished middle of the pack.
Quote:
Everyone was very impressed since it was a rear wheel drive. I was impressed since the car was untouched from one year ago.
Raman my friend,
good to hear you´re back on the M´s!
I also had the problem with the knuckles, so I went to some cheap Yeah racing ones in front. So far, they last really well. If you´re not be forced to spec rules, you could try something I haven´t finished to the end, but I think you could use a 417 Carbon reinforced knuckle in the M06 front. There´s just some shiming and spacing involved. I found the idea also very good to built a VW Beetle "Looker", as you can reduce front track width quite significantly by that.
I think you could give it a try...

And congrats for the good place, I´d assume traction level is not on the very high level with Parket lot racing in a desert area?

Br,
Matthias
Old 04-14-2014, 02:22 PM   #1478
Tech Elite

Waß gibts Matthias!

Traction was actually decent. They spray the track before hand. I also use sweep 40 in front with 33 in rear and SXT traction compound. So long as I stay on the parts of track that are sprayed, handling is really good. Corner speed was great as well, just need to build up my confidence.

Was it you or Aitutaki that's running the 2 degree up rights backwards? What's the added benefit?

I plan on testing it out.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #1479
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Waß gibts Matthias!

Traction was actually decent. They spray the track before hand. I also use sweep 40 in front with 33 in rear and SXT traction compound. So long as I stay on the parts of track that are sprayed, handling is really good. Corner speed was great as well, just need to build up my confidence.

Was it you or Aitutaki that's running the 2 degree up rights backwards? What's the added benefit?

Ha ha,
didn´t know that you spek German , too!
Spray prep is nice, that is just totally unknown for me here in my area.

The trick was invented by Aitutaki! It will make for sure the car more agile, but I haven´t tried it yet, too. On a high grip track, I´ll maybe give it a try one day. For future tries on my M06, a stiffer diff in rear is on the list for tryout. I´m running 3k in my 3Racing gear diff, but recently competing to a Nitro guy with his 06, and changed some thhoughts on the chassis. He even drove 10k in rear with Sweep40/25 on his Alfa, and he was damn fast, too. In fact, we were the fastest 2WD Minis behind 2 4WD ones, and had great fun. As it was a medium grip carpet, I was quite surprised that such a stiff diff is driveable in an RWD car, but to a certain level it seems, that preventing the inner wheel from spin out does really help for stability.
So we came to the conclusion, that 6 or 7 k oil could be a good compromise for many tracks...

Beste Grüße,
Matthias
Old 04-15-2014, 12:06 AM   #1480
Tech Adept

Quote:

Hi Raman,

It was me, reversing the Uprights in the rear. I did it to increase Top-Speed, and as Matthias already mentioned , to get more agility in the front.
BUT: this is only senseful in on carpet for me.

I had my first outdoor race last weekend under very poor weather conditions. and the first thing i changed back were the Uprights to get more grip in the rear.
Otherwise i would spin out a lot more during cornering

So slightly wet conditions are the most difficult conditions for me to drive with the M-06. You must have a very soft "Throttle finger" on your radio and not more than 1/3 during the corners a.s.o...
During dry or heavy Wet conditions the car was great. but not so when driving in slightly wet conditions...

But congrats, that you impressed the others with your M-06
And i can not imagine that there are so few possibilities to run an inroad race in LV...

cheers
Florian
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #1481
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitutaki View Post
Hi Raman,

It was me, reversing the Uprights in the rear. I did it to increase Top-Speed, and as Matthias already mentioned , to get more agility in the front.
BUT: this is only senseful in on carpet for me.

I had my first outdoor race last weekend under very poor weather conditions. and the first thing i changed back were the Uprights to get more grip in the rear.
Otherwise i would spin out a lot more during cornering

So slightly wet conditions are the most difficult conditions for me to drive with the M-06. You must have a very soft "Throttle finger" on your radio and not more than 1/3 during the corners a.s.o...
During dry or heavy Wet conditions the car was great. but not so when driving in slightly wet conditions...

But congrats, that you impressed the others with your M-06
And i can not imagine that there are so few possibilities to run an inroad race in LV...

cheers
Florian
Hi Florian,

Thanks for the input, I will keep my current settings thing.. at present I am running the 1 degree hubs in the back with the R axle weights..so far has been very good. I also run with a shorty LiPo moved forward and put a foam behind it to secure it.

I noticed most of you are running the 3 racing diff.. I am running the M05 ball diff and its been very consistent for me.

I just need to build my confidence on pushing the car in the corners and keep consistent lines. The one caveat of the M06 is that, if you deviate from treated surface on the track onto a section that is not treated and dusty.. you are out of the race for 15 seconds.. that is the time it takes to get the dust off the tyres and regain traction.. stiff price to pay!

But I still love the challenge.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #1482
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Ha ha,
didn´t know that you spek German , too!
Spray prep is nice, that is just totally unknown for me here in my area.

The trick was invented by Aitutaki! It will make for sure the car more agile, but I haven´t tried it yet, too. On a high grip track, I´ll maybe give it a try one day. For future tries on my M06, a stiffer diff in rear is on the list for tryout. I´m running 3k in my 3Racing gear diff, but recently competing to a Nitro guy with his 06, and changed some thhoughts on the chassis. He even drove 10k in rear with Sweep40/25 on his Alfa, and he was damn fast, too. In fact, we were the fastest 2WD Minis behind 2 4WD ones, and had great fun. As it was a medium grip carpet, I was quite surprised that such a stiff diff is driveable in an RWD car, but to a certain level it seems, that preventing the inner wheel from spin out does really help for stability.
So we came to the conclusion, that 6 or 7 k oil could be a good compromise for many tracks...

Beste Grüße,
Matthias
By the way, thanks for the tip on the 416/417/418 style C.. i have a couple in my box will give it a try
Old 04-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #1483
Tech Adept

Quote:
By the way, thanks for the tip on the 416/417/418 style C.. i have a couple in my box will give it a try
If you done it to completion, I´d appreciate you post some pics of your way!

Quote:
Respect Florian,
I wouldn´t have dared to use my M06 under such conditions.
One week ago I used my M05RA converted to asphalt spec. on our last race, as I was afraid of the RWD under very dusty conditions.
But Herbies time will come again, I´m sure...

Matthias
Old 04-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #1484
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

What kind of non standard options besides the 417 knuckles have you been finding have been a great option to have?

Thanks,

Jeff
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:10 PM   #1485
Tech Elite

The 417 knuckles at this point are theoretical, no ones has tried them out yet. None standard.. Some run the 3 racing gear diff since it's lighter.. That's about it though