R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2014, 08:52 AM   #1441
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,591
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone raced with one of these bodies? If so, how did the car drive? I have one but I haven't painted it yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCLAREN-F1-B...item231e613075
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #1442
Tech Regular
 
firefoxussr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 303
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamiyatim View Post
Hey guys, is it possible to, or has anyone stretched the wheelbase of the M-06 past it's max? I wanna stretch one to 267mm to fit a plastic general lee body...
any ideas??
Thanks!

You might look into a M03, M04, M02... something clearly FWD/RWD that uses wheelbase spacers (look at them, right ahead of the motor, under receiver).



note you can double up on spacers. there are also longer chassis spacers.
__________________
On the road: TA05-S, XV01, XRay T1
On the bench: M06, HPI Cup Racer, Sakura FGX
In the box: TA02-S, M04, TA05 IFS

Last edited by firefoxussr; 01-21-2014 at 09:38 AM.
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:00 AM   #1443
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
Has anyone raced with one of these bodies? If so, how did the car drive? I have one but I haven't painted it yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCLAREN-F1-B...item231e613075
looks nice, but haven't seen it before...
unfortunately no window masks are included... that's why i will not give it a try ...
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:12 AM   #1444
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

hi guys,

i had the chance to drive at the Hudy Arena ( Hudy HQ) and have to say, the Arena is really awesome...

highest standards everywhere... (Timing, racetracks, the facility itself)...

enclosed a little pic of the arena and a short vid of my m-06 driving

youtube:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails
TAMIYA M-06 Thread-dsc00985.jpg   TAMIYA M-06 Thread-foto-1.jpg  
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:55 AM   #1445
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,591
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitutaki View Post
looks nice, but haven't seen it before...
unfortunately no window masks are included... that's why i will not give it a try ...
I have used another one of their bodies and I liked it. The windows are small so masking isn't a problem for me. Thanks for posting the video. Your car looked great. I've seen pictures of the track before, but it was neat to see a mini on it. Thanks for posting it.
MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:30 PM   #1446
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitutaki View Post
hi guys,

i had the chance to drive at the Hudy Arena ( Hudy HQ) and have to say, the Arena is really awesome...

highest standards everywhere... (Timing, racetracks, the facility itself)...

enclosed a little pic of the arena and a short vid of my m-06 driving

youtube:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
You lucky guy,
thanks for the video! It looks like a great place to be!
Also, your driving looks very good as always!

Br,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:28 AM   #1447
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
You lucky guy,
thanks for the video! It looks like a great place to be!
Also, your driving looks very good as always!

Br,
Matthias
Thanks Matthias,

luckily Slovakia isn't that far away from austria, to cross the borders for a day
btw: i tried the M-Grips all around, but wasn't that happy as with the S-Grips
Maybe i will try them again next time , and find some other tricks to get it run faster...
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #1448
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitutaki View Post
Thanks Matthias,

luckily Slovakia isn't that far away from austria, to cross the borders for a day
btw: i tried the M-Grips all around, but wasn't that happy as with the S-Grips
Maybe i will try them again next time , and find some other tricks to get it run faster...
Its nearer to Austria, youre right!
Regarding the S-grips: Not every carpet works the same (hard learned), maybe yours suits the S-Grips better!
I had some nice driving 2 weeks ago with my M06, and learned some important things about improving my setup. I did rip some 4WDs again, doing my best result so far and became 15th of 44 starters in our Rookie class. B-Final 5th!
It was great fun. Im doing my write up on Sunday, and will let you know my settings for the beetle body...

Br,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #1449
Tech Rookie
 
fritzthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austria, ST.P.
Posts: 9
Default

I got my M06R

can you give me some setup tipps for carpet?

maybe I will run it at the next tamiya cup.
fritzthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #1450
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
I had some nice driving 2 weeks ago with my M06, and learned some important things about improving my setup. I did rip some 4WDs again, doing my best result so far and became 15th of 44 starters in our Rookie class. B-Final 5th!
It was great fun. Im doing my write up on Sunday, and will let you know my settings for the beetle body...

Br,
Matthias
great job matthias. next time you will reach the A-Main
also 44 entries are fantastic, wish we would have that much either
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:18 PM   #1451
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzthecat View Post
I got my M06R

can you give me some setup tipps for carpet?

maybe I will run it at the next tamiya cup.
hi fritz,
i posted my carpet setup few pages earlier in this thread.
you can also write a pn for further informations if you will not find it...
i will help you with a basic setup. i guess this will work in general.
but you have to adapt this setup during tests , to find your special needs for your personal driving style
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 01:22 AM   #1452
Tech Rookie
 
fritzthecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Austria, ST.P.
Posts: 9
Default

i will have a look.

thank you!

tomorrow I will start to build my M06.

in february I go for a testday with both M05 and M06 to find a good setup.
fritzthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:50 AM   #1453
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,500
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzthecat View Post
i will have a look.

thank you!

tomorrow I will start to build my M06.

in february I go for a testday with both M05 and M06 to find a good setup.

This is Aitukaki set up

Hy guys,

some update on my personal carpet setup.

last weekend , 1st carpet TCS was held in our local Series.
M-Chassis was the class with most entries

The Carpet had a very high grip level , and only non-oil additives were allowed. ( SXT 3.0, Mighty Gripper V3...)
After struggling the whole training day and the first two Qulifiying Heats for finding the right setup (i had so much understeering) , following setup made me smile

M-06R :
Front:
Type A (glued on the side)
SXT 3.0 Additive on the inner side of the Tire (for 20 minutes)
tires not heated
300 oil
blue springs
no sway bar

Rear:
Gear Diff
S-Grip (full Additive for 30 minutes)
400 oil
Red Springs
no sway bar
carbon Damper Stay - dampers on the outest position (straight up)
AND:
Red HUBS mounted reverse !!! Left on the right side and right on the left side- for nearly 0 degree on the rear.

And guys believe me, that was really awesome.
fastest lap times and fastest heat.

finally ended up in 2nd position, because i lost a tire in the finals *g* because it was not tightened strong enough -> i feel ashamed , because i was in first position with about 6-7 seconds ahead of the second one...

nevertheless i was that happy, because i knew the car is so fantastic , as long as the setup works fine...

maybe this may help one of you
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:45 PM   #1454
Tech Adept
 
Willie Mann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Posts: 219
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

does anyone know if you can use a "mini" size servo in the m06? specifically the spektrum 5010 servo?
Willie Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:08 PM   #1455
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 544
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Willie you might be able to get it to fit. I run the futaba 9650 in one of mine. I only use one of the mounting hole on each side. The servo mount space needs to be turn a bit to reach the ear of the servo. I can show you on Tuesday if you can make it to the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Mann View Post
does anyone know if you can use a "mini" size servo in the m06? specifically the spektrum 5010 servo?
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 12-06-2016 07:21 PM
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7631 12-01-2016 05:34 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 02:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:10 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0