R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #1411
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamC View Post
What tyre setup do people find work well indoor on carpet? Our club hasn't got any rules as to make or size (55 or 60d).

On my previous M06 I ran the treaded Pit Shimizu soft compound tyres, which really well for me, but I was wondering if there are any others I should consider?

Sweeps are very popular in the UK with M05's, but haven't seen anyone run them on the 06's..

Liam
Stay with 60d for top speed. Sweeps with soft pink insert work great. I run 36 front and 33 rear
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #1412
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamC View Post
What tyre setup do people find work well indoor on carpet? Our club hasn't got any rules as to make or size (55 or 60d).

On my previous M06 I ran the treaded Pit Shimizu soft compound tyres, which really well for me, but I was wondering if there are any others I should consider?

Sweeps are very popular in the UK with M05's, but haven't seen anyone run them on the 06's..

Liam
Stay with 60d for top speed. Sweeps with soft pink insert work great. I run 36 front and 33 rear
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #1413
Tech Rookie
 
LiamC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Poole, England
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Stay with 60d for top speed. Sweeps with soft pink insert work great. I run 36 front and 33 rear
Cheers, what 60D would you say? I have got quite a few Tamiya Type-A slicks in the garage..
LiamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #1414
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

By 60D I meant the large diameter tyres. ABC hobby for instance are 55D. Sweeps are close to 60D. I have had great success with Sweeps.
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #1415
Tech Rookie
 
LiamC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Poole, England
Posts: 15
Default

I personally would say that Sweeps are closer to 55D, comparing them to Tamiya tyres which are 60D.

I'll give the Sweeps a try though
__________________
TORCH ~ Durango DEX210 ~ Tamiya M06 Pro
LiamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #1416
Tech Rookie
 
LiamC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Poole, England
Posts: 15
Default

I personally would say that Sweeps are closer to 55D, comparing them to Tamiya tyres which are 60D.

I'll give the Sweeps a try though
__________________
TORCH ~ Durango DEX210 ~ Tamiya M06 Pro
LiamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #1417
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

You're right I confused them with the inch up Ride series.

The sweeps measure 56 in diameter. Their rims are also slightly larger in diameter than other m chassis rims, so you're stuck with their rims.

Sounds like you were running the 60D Shimizu which come in S, M, H shores. They also have a Racing Inner Mesh series which are 55D. They are available from 24 shore to 40 shore. They also have a super sticky rear shore. I actually started out with these and soon realised the foam that comes with the tyres is absolute junk. Once my sweeps are done, I plan on eventually testing them out with sweep insert.
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #1418
Tech Rookie
 
LiamC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Poole, England
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
You're right I confused them with the inch up Ride series.

The sweeps measure 56 in diameter. Their rims are also slightly larger in diameter than other m chassis rims, so you're stuck with their rims.

Sounds like you were running the 60D Shimizu which come in S, M, H shores. They also have a Racing Inner Mesh series which are 55D. They are available from 24 shore to 40 shore. They also have a super sticky rear shore. I actually started out with these and soon realised the foam that comes with the tyres is absolute junk. Once my sweeps are done, I plan on eventually testing them out with sweep insert.
The Shimizu ones I was running were definitely 55D, I know the 60D ones you are referring too, but these are treaded.

I was running them with a medium foam insert, rather than the sponge (can't remember the make though).
__________________
TORCH ~ Durango DEX210 ~ Tamiya M06 Pro
LiamC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #1419
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 741
Default

Hey guys, building the M-06 for my son and doing the diff and notice that it is leaking before even running the car. What do u guys do to prevent leakage?

Thanks.
__________________
Kurt Moss
pelico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #1420
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,908
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Most put tamiya's aw grease or associated black grease in the diff. Its not really designed for silicone lubes. The spec-r or 3 racing one seals much better.
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #1421
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Most put tamiya's aw grease or associated black grease in the diff. Its not really designed for silicone lubes. The spec-r or 3 racing one seals much better.
thanks
__________________
Kurt Moss
pelico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:03 PM   #1422
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
Has anyone tried a 239mm body on the M06?

I would love to run a s2000, BMW roadster, boxster, etc body...

I did use the Mazda RX7 & Beetle shell for over one year.
The beetle shell has poor grip in the rear, and this is a big disadvantage, the RX7 is quite ok, but the design of the RX7 is not my favorite one...
i also have the Porsche 914, but did never use it, because i now changed to SWB, i do believe it's easier for me to find the right setup...

Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:15 PM   #1423
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamC View Post
What tyre setup do people find work well indoor on carpet? Our club hasn't got any rules as to make or size (55 or 60d).

On my previous M06 I ran the treaded Pit Shimizu soft compound tyres, which really well for me, but I was wondering if there are any others I should consider?

Sweeps are very popular in the UK with M05's, but haven't seen anyone run them on the 06's..

Liam
we have to use Tamiya tires in our local TCS.
this weekend our 2nd Carpet TCS was held.
i stated my setup on a very high grip carpet around 5 pages earlier in this thread. today, the carpet has a little less grip. i had to change tires to S-Grip all around. but still was able to fight against the fastest M-05s.

i ran 16.0 sec fastest lap times only one lap of the m-05s was faster. (15,9)
unfortunately i made to much mistakes, although i did not make much, but they were to much :roll eyes:
6 minutes runs and at the end 1 second difference between 1st-2nd-3rd-and 4th place
so it was fun to driving in with the m-05s in the same speed-league *g*
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:14 PM   #1424
Tech Adept
 
Laguna Bozo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Beach
Posts: 163
Default

Aitutaki, Could you tell me where you race in Austria? We spend summers 45-minute drive from Salzburg. Would love to race with you.
__________________
Craig Richter
Laguna Bozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:07 AM   #1425
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitutaki View Post
we have to use Tamiya tires in our local TCS.
this weekend our 2nd Carpet TCS was held.
i stated my setup on a very high grip carpet around 5 pages earlier in this thread. today, the carpet has a little less grip. i had to change tires to S-Grip all around. but still was able to fight against the fastest M-05s.

i ran 16.0 sec fastest lap times only one lap of the m-05s was faster. (15,9)
unfortunately i made to much mistakes, although i did not make much, but they were to much :roll eyes:
6 minutes runs and at the end 1 second difference between 1st-2nd-3rd-and 4th place
so it was fun to driving in with the m-05s in the same speed-league *g*
Congrats Aitutaki!

So you did a great job again!
On our carpet track,I always prefer the 60d M-Grips over the S-grips, as I found them to have more grip on a carpet surface than the S-Grips, although rubber should be softer. Probably nothing new for you, but if you maybe need even more grip...

Keep on the good work,
Happy new year from Germany,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 12-06-2016 07:21 PM
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7631 12-01-2016 05:34 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 02:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0