R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #1021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
Can anyone confrim without question, how much static toe is built into the rear arms?

Meaning, take the rear uprights out of the equation, how much toe is in the rear arms/mounts?
1.5 degree
Old 02-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #1022
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
1.5 degree
Perfect, thanks...
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #1023
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
1.5 degree
The other r4ason for my curiosity was that I saw this...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49442

Not sure if they are a new part, but a valuable tuning option.
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
Old 02-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #1024
Tech Master

Thought I'd share some pics of my newly built M06R

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #1025
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

[QUOTE=kwkride;11855860]Thought I'd share some pics of my newly built M06R

Sweet ride Jim.
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #1026
Tech Apprentice

The M06R looks very nice. What aluminium steering bits come as standard with the R please?
Mini35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:09 PM   #1027
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
Sweet ride Jim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini35 View Post
The M06R looks very nice. What aluminium steering bits come as standard with the R please?
Thanks for the compliments . . .

Specifically talking about steering components, the "R" only comes with
Aluminum steering posts and an aluminum servo mount.
I added the aluminum steering link.

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
Old 02-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #1028
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post

I noticed as well that the M06R doesn't come with the aluminium steering Ackerman. That's the only hop up from the M06 Pro that did not make it over.

You can also use the aluminium steering arms from M05. It's not listed as a hop up for the M06 but its exact replacement for the plastic pieces.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #1029
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

Yes, I saw the blue link bar hiding in there. Are the steering post top caps also alloy? I have bought the silver link bar and steering arms for my R (which is still in transit from HK) but was thinking I needed the top caps too.

It's a real shame that having gone to the trouble of introducing this red theme Tamiya haven't made Hop-ups available to match. For example I have a blue rear shock tower and gearbox plates on my blinged up standard RX7 M06 but IMHO they'll just look odd on the R as unlike the steering bar they're very visible.

One more question, does anyone know the part number for the rear shock shaft I need to run with 54000 shocks on the v2 carbon tower? Running without an internal spacer and on Pit Shimizu tyres (not 60Ds) I only have 3mm ride height and she's dragging her ass on the bumpier bits of our track so I'd like to lift it up to 5mm like my FWD cars.

Thanks all.
Mini35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #1030
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yes, I saw the blue link bar hiding in there. Are the steering post top caps also alloy? I have bought the silver link bar and steering arms for my R (which is still in transit from HK) but was thinking I needed the top caps too.

It's a real shame that having gone to the trouble of introducing this red theme Tamiya haven't made Hop-ups available to match. For example I have a blue rear shock tower and gearbox plates on my blinged up standard RX7 M06 but IMHO they'll just look odd on the R as unlike the steering bar they're very visible.

One more question, does anyone know the part number for the rear shock shaft I need to run with 54000 shocks on the v2 carbon tower? Running without an internal spacer and on Pit Shimizu tyres (not 60Ds) I only have 3mm ride height and she's dragging her ass on the bumpier bits of our track so I'd like to lift it up to 5mm like my FWD cars.

Thanks all.
Ok here we go

1. Rear shock piston 9805504
2. Pit Shimizu: I run the racing slicks 55D. One piece of advice, throw their inserts out and use sweep pink mini insert.

What shore are you running?

3. M06R is a limited addition kit. You can always tell when Tamiya assigns a 5 digit kit number that starts with an 8. So I doubt there will be many additional hop ups in red.

Colour wise, red and blue actually match. As I type this, I'm wearing a light blue shirt with a red tie that has blue patterns on it lol. I make my RC money by taking wealthy folks to the cleaners when they need clothes

If the blue bothers you, you can de-anodise with an oven cleaner like greased lightning or liquid drano

Last edited by Raman; 02-25-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #1031
Tech Elite

Quote:

I expect to see you on the podium next year Jim!

Stan Garvin
Old 02-25-2013, 06:20 PM   #1032
Tech Master

Quote:
Yes, I saw the blue link bar hiding in there. Are the steering post top caps also alloy?
Yes, they are like this only in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini35
Yeah, if I could buy the hop ups in red, I definitely would. But once you put the body on, it just looks like any other Mini anyway.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #1033
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
I expect to see you on the podium next year Jim!
That would be sweet, but I am no where close to the level of those A-main drivers we had.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 PM   #1034
Tech Adept

Quote:
The V2 shock tower is intended for the Tamiya touring car shocks with the longer body. You can see it in the manual. Thatīs why you have only 3mm ride height.

BR,
Matthias
Old 02-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #1035
Tech Elite

You can also use the longer shock ends to compensate for shorter dampers.

If you end up using the longer pistons, make sure to use a spacer after shock end to limit up travel. This is what the M06R kit build suggests a well.