R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2013, 03:37 PM   #946
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

in addition: i did not use shims for the M-06 before.
which one should i order ?
which one are the most needed?
3mm , 4mm , ....

thanks for your help.
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #947
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Do you already own the M-06R ?
Can anybody confirm , that the weight and the lower rear dampers ends up in an better rear grip?

i am strongly interested in this kit, but won't spend money if there is not that big difference (compared to my M-06 Pros)

thanks
I have the same problem!
Really curious about the rear setup on the R. As it is not my favorite regarding colours, I don´t want to effort buying a whole kit at the moment. But I really would like to try the R setup and the clamp on weights, as well as the new lower damper fixing. I hope one day Tamiya will give better advice to combine all the different setups on the M06. So how to combine the new lower fixing with e.g. the new carbon stay in the rear, which has moved hole positions compared to the old carbon stay. But maybe it´s already in the R manual...

Regarding shimming: I only shim light, but with some 3mm shims for the suspension arms and some 5mm´s for the wheel axles you´re prepared to try.

BR,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #948
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,910
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aitutaki View Post
in addition: i did not use shims for the M-06 before.
which one should i order ?
which one are the most needed?
3mm , 4mm , ....

thanks for your help.
You need 3mm for axles / suspension

5 mm for drive shaft
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #949
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,910
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

M06R is still not in stock in the US... And the part number for the weights is not listed. What I don't like is that you have I use them with the Alu rear uprights. I don't like alu up rights and knuckles.. Those are the parts that receive the forces of a crash. Prefer plastic that can be replaced, cheaply.

I was at an indoor track tuning my car for a race tomorrow. It started the day very unstable.. I was finally able to get it to drive right again. Some of the changes I made were to remove sway bars completely, looks like the car doesn't need it. I'm addition I went back to yellow springs up front and red in rear with 35wt oil all around. I also stopped being lazy and removed gear diff and installed ball diff.

WOW! What a difference! The car accelerates much better and is much more r
Responsive.

Like the rest of you, I'm curious about the rear weights. So I added a 7g lead weight on each arm for traction. Did not notice an increase in rear traction, al though I don't have a rear traction issue
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #950
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
. So I added a 7g lead weight on each arm for traction. Did not notice an increase in rear traction
Rear weight are 11.5g. With the TRF shocks on the new shock mount, the car sits at about 5mm in the rear, no droop at all. with the front, I found I needed to put one o-ring as spacer in the shock to get the droop I want.

I haven't tried the car yet, so I can't comment on the usefulness of the extra parts.

Martin Paradis
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #951
Tech Adept
 
Aitutaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Austria
Posts: 162
Default

Thank you guys for the feedback.
I also ordered a m06R Kit from my local Dealer now
Unfortunately it will be shipped in the 2nd week of february ...
Aitutaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #952
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
M06R is still not in stock in the US... And the part number for the weights is not listed. What I don't like is that you have I use them with the Alu rear uprights. I don't like alu up rights and knuckles.. Those are the parts that receive the forces of a crash. Prefer plastic that can be replaced, cheaply.

I was at an indoor track tuning my car for a race tomorrow. It started the day very unstable.. I was finally able to get it to drive right again. Some of the changes I made were to remove sway bars completely, looks like the car doesn't need it. I'm addition I went back to yellow springs up front and red in rear with 35wt oil all around. I also stopped being lazy and removed gear diff and installed ball diff.

WOW! What a difference! The car accelerates much better and is much more r
Responsive.
Raman,
fully agree with you on the uprights. Not needed, a 417 has also plastic ones.
So you went from serial gear diff to TA03 ball diff I guess?
I´m in the meantime stuck to my 3Racing gear diff. But also started with serial and then Ta03 ball diff. I guess if your acceleration is better now, your ball diff is adjusted a little heavier than the gear diff?

Quote:
Rear weight are 11.5g. With the TRF shocks on the new shock mount, the car sits at about 5mm in the rear, no droop at all. with the front, I found I needed to put one o-ring as spacer in the shock to get the droop I want.

I haven't tried the car yet, so I can't comment on the usefulness of the extra parts.

Martin Paradis
Thanks for the weights, maybe I have to try some extra weights like Raman on the plastic knuckles, to see the effect. Can you confirm, that the rear piston rods are 2mm longer, like in the Pro Kit?
5mm ground clearance in rear with nearly no droop, sounds like my actual setup.
But if you had the kit setup for the R regarding oil and pistons, that would really be helpful!

BR,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #953
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post

Thanks for the weights, maybe I have to try some extra weights like Raman on the plastic knuckles, to see the effect. Can you confirm, that the rear piston rods are 2mm longer, like in the Pro Kit?
5mm ground clearance in rear with nearly no droop, sounds like my actual setup.
But if you had the kit setup for the R regarding oil and pistons, that would really be helpful!

BR,
Matthias
The shock rods are longer in the rear, but I didn't use them. I instead used TRF touring shocks with the option carbon shock towers (54362 and 54361 ).

Set-up is 400 cst oil front and rear, 3 holes 1.3 mm piston rear and 3 holes 1.0mm piston front, Red black springs up front and yellow black springs rear. Same suggested toe and camber as with the regular M06Pro

Martin
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #954
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 223
Default

Quote:
The shock rods are longer in the rear, but I didn't use them. I instead used TRF touring shocks with the option carbon shock towers (54362 and 54361 ).

Set-up is 400 cst oil front and rear, 3 holes 1.3 mm piston rear and 3 holes 1.0mm piston front, Red black springs up front and yellow black springs rear. Same suggested toe and camber as with the regular M06Pro

Martin
Thank you Martin,
that´s some really helpful info. Seems that the shock setup is weaker in rear for the R-version. I did find the Pro setup always a little to stiff.
Interesting also, that you used the new 4 hole carbon stay with the shorter piston rod! Did the manual give an advice when using the carbon stays?
Just asking, why you didn´t give the longer rod a try...

Have fun with your "R"!
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #955
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montréal, Qc
Posts: 207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Interesting also, that you used the new 4 hole carbon stay with the shorter piston rod! Did the manual give an advice when using the carbon stays?
Just asking, why you didn´t give the longer rod a try...

Matthias
Since I run no droop in the rear, the standard length shafts allowed me to do so without messing with limiters. also, my TRF shafts were TiNi coated while the shafts coming with the R are not.

You are right, the setup for the R is quite a bit softer than the Pro.

Martin
rhodopsine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #956
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,910
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Raman,
fully agree with you on the uprights. Not needed, a 417 has also plastic ones.
So you went from serial gear diff to TA03 ball diff I guess?
I´m in the meantime stuck to my 3Racing gear diff. But also started with serial and then Ta03 ball diff. I guess if your acceleration is better now, your ball diff is adjusted a little heavier than the gear diff?
NEIN! the TA03 ball diff is out dated and very heavy. You need to use this one, from M05!

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54194
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #957
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,910
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodopsine View Post
The shock rods are longer in the rear, but I didn't use them. I instead used TRF touring shocks with the option carbon shock towers (54362 and 54361 ).

Set-up is 400 cst oil front and rear, 3 holes 1.3 mm piston rear and 3 holes 1.0mm piston front, Red black springs up front and yellow black springs rear. Same suggested toe and camber as with the regular M06Pro

Martin
Are you running the TRF M chassis dampers or touring TRF?
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM   #958
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,910
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I raced three heats today against M03 and M05. I improved a lot by the A main, finished 4th. What I found interesting was that the M05's had more top end speed than me. I guess the silver can is slightly faster than a 21.5 brushless. In addition I was running 55D Pit Shimizu tyres and they were running 60D m chassis.
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #959
Tech Adept
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 223
Thumbs up

Quote:
NEIN! the TA03 ball diff is out dated and very heavy. You need to use this one, from M05!
Ha ha, that I understood at once!
I didn´t try the newer one, as most of the M05 guys state that there can be some durability issues on that. But sure, should be a bit lighter, and can be fixed with some TRF parts, the mini thread says.
Anyway, I switched to the 3R gear diff and trust on the reliability and low maintenance.

Quote:
I raced three heats today against M03 and M05. I improved a lot by the A main, finished 4th. What I found interesting was that the M05's had more top end speed than me. I guess the silver can is slightly faster than a 21.5 brushless. In addition I was running 55D Pit Shimizu tyres and they were running 60D m chassis.
Congratulations Raman, that must be some really nice driving and well setup M06, to place 4th behind the M05´s running on 55D tires against the others with big 60´s! From what I´d assume, I think you´re right that 21T brushless is slightly slower than a good silvercan in addition.
Keep on the good work!
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.skodacup.de
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #960
Tech Regular
 
Radi0Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern Ontario
Posts: 309
Default

My shelf queen.





I have the 1:1 so I had to do it.





Sean
__________________
I'll drive it til the wheels fall off and burn
Radi0Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20799 Yesterday 09:18 PM
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7631 12-01-2016 05:34 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 02:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0