R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2010, 04:13 AM   #61
Tech Regular
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I will buy a couple of them for sure, even though Tony won't.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 04:17 AM   #62
Tech Elite
 
tony gray's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

We'll still buy a few, just to see what they're like. They just gotta be an improvement over the M04.

If nothing else the rear mounted motor will slow down the end swapping enough so that you might be able to catch it in time before it steps right out.

And check out that battery compartment. To me, it doesn't look big enough for a 'normal' pack...
tony gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:52 AM   #63
Tech Master
 
PizzaDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parts Unkown
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashuffer View Post
Thats undserstandable. I didn't mean to sound like I was picking at you, I just think that on a level playing field in any class there's competition.
No prob dude.

"level playing field" being the keywords.
In a level playing all (and everything) will be equally competitive or non-competitive depending on your point of view.
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:02 AM   #64
Tech Elite
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hovering over your mom's fishtank.
Posts: 2,012
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I'll be getting an M06 as soon as I can. I can't see where the battery goes on that though.
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:47 PM   #65
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
I'll be getting an M06 as soon as I can. I can't see where the battery goes on that though.
In the middle, under that bar that has "Tamiya" written on it. Best place for it, really. Looks like it should be well balanced.
Candre23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #66
Tech Master
 
TAMAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,915
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by academygaz View Post
You CAN race lower-spec Tamiyas, but don't kid yourself into thinking they'll be able to run with higher-spec cars (Xevo vs M03/5 for example).
Don't forget, M05 beat Xevo at the TITC. Its all driver. And I'm not biased cause I love my Xevo
TAMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #67
Tech Apprentice
 
guy7bmwm5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: central Ca.
Posts: 65
Default

I really like the design. I like the placement of the servo, battery, and the motor. I just bought my m04m so I won't be getting a new car anytime soon. It would be nice to test drive and see the difference of the m04.
guy7bmwm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #68
NT
Tech Elite
 
NT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,507
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
We'll still buy a few, just to see what they're like. They just gotta be an improvement over the M04.

If nothing else the rear mounted motor will slow down the end swapping enough so that you might be able to catch it in time before it steps right out.

And check out that battery compartment. To me, it doesn't look big enough for a 'normal' pack...
I'm wondering whether the battery has a removal slot on the bottom of the chassis like some of the Tamiya buggies?

Might be a bit hard to get it out around the steering arm etc.

What are the weird blocks just in front of the rear wheels? I thought they might be a CAD version of an ESC, but there is one on both sides!

I'm suffering a case of indifference with the 06 too. As much as I wanted the M04 to work - they are just not a nice car! Hopefully the 06 addresses some of the issues
NT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #69
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 10
Default

Hello everybody, this is my first post. I'm from Spain and I own a M03, what a funny car!

Well, I'm very interested in a RWD M-chassis car but I'm afraid to buy a M04 because it's discontinued and not very popular, so it's very difficult to find parts for it. Then, the M06 is a great new for me.

I think that one of the most realistic bodies for this chassis is the Fiat Abarth TCR, because of its RR layout. However, I wonder if the electric motor leaves enough space for the plastic engine which is included with that body. It seems that both are located at the same place. What do you think?

Sorry for my english
cybergiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #70
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,892
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NT View Post
I'm wondering whether the battery has a removal slot on the bottom of the chassis like some of the Tamiya buggies?

Might be a bit hard to get it out around the steering arm etc.

What are the weird blocks just in front of the rear wheels? I thought they might be a CAD version of an ESC, but there is one on both sides!

I'm suffering a case of indifference with the 06 too. As much as I wanted the M04 to work - they are just not a nice car! Hopefully the 06 addresses some of the issues
Battery access will be from bottom.

M04: took me a long time to get it to drive the way I wanted.. In the end I put weight in the rear bumper to get it to handle to my taste. At present I defected to a cup racer, only non Tamiya car in my garage... Can't run it though at Tamiya track.. So if the M06 is balanced I'll switch back.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #71
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,892
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergiber
Hello everybody, this is my first post. I'm from Spain and I own a M03, what a funny car! Well, I'm very interested in a RWD M-chassis car but I'm afraid to buy a M04 because it's discontinued and not very popular, so it's very difficult to find parts for it. Then, the M06 is a great new for me. I think that one of the most realistic bodies for this chassis is the Fiat Abarth TCR, because of its RR layout. However, I wonder if the electric motor leaves enough space for the plastic engine which is included with that body. It seems that both are located at the same place. What do you think? Sorry for my english
Your English is perfecto!

M04 is a fun car, but you should wait and get the M06, it will be more fun and more adjustable.

Classic Fiat Abarth TCR should only be on RWD chassis. You maybe right, the plastic engine may not fit because of the motor. We will have to wait and see!
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #72
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fiddler
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I know that as soon as it arrive at my LHS, I'm gonna pick one up but I have to tell my sorry azz to wait for the M06R. The R version is so worth it...too bad I couldn't wait for the M05R so now I own two M05 with the 280Z bodies and one M05R. I will be adding to my stable a few M06's as it look like it's more tunable. Can a TRF201 gearbox swap be possible?

The M03/M04 cars are good but whatever Tamiya comes up new is better. If Tamiya goofs up on anything...it got to be good.
N2Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #73
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,892
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Deep View Post
I know that as soon as it arrive at my LHS, I'm gonna pick one up but I have to tell my sorry azz to wait for the M06R. The R version is so worth it...too bad I couldn't wait for the M05R so now I own two M05 with the 280Z bodies and one M05R. I will be adding to my stable a few M06's as it look like it's more tunable. Can a TRF201 gearbox swap be possible?

The M03/M04 cars are good but whatever Tamiya comes up new is better. If Tamiya goofs up on anything...it got to be good.
TRF201 gear box swap.. That's an interesting thought..
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:51 PM   #74
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Snowbird Nationals
Posts: 3,206
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Battery access will be from bottom.
You sure about that? These pictures say otherwise. Note the typical posts with holes for body clips used to hold the battery bar in place.
__________________
If only endurance racing was a thing.
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #75
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fiddler
Posts: 286
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I know it's unlikely that it'll be a direct swap for the TRF201 but for the love of Jesus Christ, can't we ghetto rig it somehow to accept the tranny. That would be a sweet deal.
N2Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7631 12-01-2016 05:34 PM
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20781 11-21-2016 05:43 AM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 02:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:02 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0