R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #661
Tech Apprentice
 
flat4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 78
Send a message via Yahoo to flat4
Default

thanks for the advise, it will be a few more months before I start this little adventure of making the parts. I am think of building a temporary work station with some exhaust fans to keep the dust to a minim, along with a dust mask.
__________________
mo6/ae sc10/2wd slash
flat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:35 AM   #662
Tech Adept
 
Monkeys punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default

Anyone running the 3 racing shock have an idea of the right amount of spacers I can get in the rear while still being able to get a sensible ride hight. at the moment I have 1.5mm and it's to much. Maybe take them completely out ?
__________________
Top Racing Sabre mini
Tamiya m05
Sakura zero
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #663
Tech Adept
 
Monkeys punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default

First meeting with the m06 went well. I am still 1or2 laps off my m05 pace but there is room for plenty of improvement. After initial understeer issues where sorted I just needed to find the pace. Happy with the handling though just need to get used to Thr rear wheel drive.
__________________
Top Racing Sabre mini
Tamiya m05
Sakura zero
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:53 AM   #664
Tech Fanatic
 
CSeils's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 775
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

How tight or loose should the gear diff be? I know it's not supposed to be as tight as the gear diff on the M03.

Any suggestions?
__________________
You can never go wrong with a Hooters Mini. But Mini Hooters are bad.
--- USVTA National Points Series Member #122 ---

customracingstickers@gmail.com - http://www.rctech.net/forum/painting-designs-graphics-photography/279695-usvta-trans-am-decals.html
CSeils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:52 AM   #665
Tech Adept
 
Monkeys punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default

Are you using the oil filled gear diff mate? I tested it last night in the m06 with kit 2000wt oil and it was way too heavy so will need to be 750 or 500 max I would say. Over on the tamiya mini cooper thread there is a few posts about it at the moment if you go back a page or 2. I am going to try again with thinner oil though. As a rule though I would have thought it would need to be way thinner than what you would use up front. Hope this helps.
__________________
Top Racing Sabre mini
Tamiya m05
Sakura zero
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #666
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Hello I have a question. Can I change the wheel base on standard M06? Or is it just a M06 Pro feature?
GT-ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:25 AM   #667
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSeils View Post
How tight or loose should the gear diff be? I know it's not supposed to be as tight as the gear diff on the M03.

Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeys punk View Post
Are you using the oil filled gear diff mate? I tested it last night in the m06 with kit 2000wt oil and it was way too heavy so will need to be 750 or 500 max I would say. Over on the tamiya mini cooper thread there is a few posts about it at the moment if you go back a page or 2. I am going to try again with thinner oil though. As a rule though I would have thought it would need to be way thinner than what you would use up front. Hope this helps.
Yup. I haven't had it on a track yet, but the 425 oil I've got in there now feels about right. May go up a little if possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-ONE View Post
Hello I have a question. Can I change the wheel base on standard M06? Or is it just a M06 Pro feature?
Yes. You got the extra bits in the kit to change it, or did you buy it used with no extra parts?
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:12 AM   #668
Tech Addict
 
flyradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Just brought my M06.
My car always get spin when out of corner

using CVA clear blue damper (short shaft)

What springs should I use (I have set of item 42168)
My local track abit bumpy dan medium traction, and of course what number of oil should I fit.

Thanks
__________________
Team TRF Malaysia
flyradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #669
Tech Fanatic
 
Madulla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 982
Default

What motor are you using?? Tires?? Diff?? Need more info. The stock kit setup works great. Soft springs in the rear med in the front. But tires make a difference, a locked or very packed diff would cause you to lose rear traction, too much motor.
__________________
Hobbywing North America Team Driver
hobbywingdirect.com

CARCAR VP carcar.ca
Madulla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:58 AM   #670
Tech Addict
 
flyradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 503
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madulla View Post
What motor are you using?? Tires?? Diff?? Need more info. The stock kit setup works great. Soft springs in the rear med in the front. But tires make a difference, a locked or very packed diff would cause you to lose rear traction, too much motor.
Motor: Sport tuned
tires: Tamiya type B both rear n front
Diff: stock gear diff using Tamiya AW grease.
Someone mention using gear diff are perfect for rear wheel drive car. Am I put too much AW?

soft spring in rear? I thought hard spring in rear cause of motor weight. Ive thru M06 pro manual says red spring front, yellow spring rear.

What oil should I use? I want to try TRF VG #50 damper oil. It is good?

thanks Madulla for responding
__________________
Team TRF Malaysia
flyradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #671
Tech Rookie
 
edzinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 6
Default loose rear M06

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyradio View Post
Motor: Sport tuned
tires: Tamiya type B both rear n front
Diff: stock gear diff using Tamiya AW grease.
Someone mention using gear diff are perfect for rear wheel drive car. Am I put too much AW?

soft spring in rear? I thought hard spring in rear cause of motor weight. Ive thru M06 pro manual says red spring front, yellow spring rear.

What oil should I use? I want to try TRF VG #50 damper oil. It is good?

thanks Madulla for responding
Your track is bumpy? Type B's work in the heat so this is what I would work on, use neon red spring TRF blue Oring seals, TRF 3 hole pistons with 30w for rear 4-5mm ride ht. Use blk/red (soft) or blk/yel (med) spring TRF seals TRF 3 hole piston with 50w for front with 5-6mm ride ht and front swaybar to put traction at rear wheels in corner. CVA shocks are ok, I like to put two blk Orings glued together in the shock bladders. No Orings under shock pistons, use shims.
Take your diff apart clean it and put small amount of AW on each small gear only, if your traction is low this may help you power on better out of corners.
I also found the rear inner camber link mount to be weak, get some ShoeGoo wirebrush the plastic and apply to support, this will help keep camber set. I think one degree camber gives better traction and handles traffic well for me. Where I run the car most of the equipment is spec, tires, tamiya parts only, silver can motors this make setup a most important issue 60/40 (40=driving).
The M06 will fail in traffic if your body rubs the tire when pushed by another car.

Do well Edz
edzinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #672
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 126
Default

is there a tamiya belt type diff from a different model that is compatible for the M-06? e.g. ta-05, ff03, 417 etc...

edit:

or a gear diff one that can replace the original? thanks.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #673
Tech Champion
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Do you want to simply replace your stock gear diff with another, or do you want to upgrade? If you're looking to convert to belt drive, then you're totally out of luck.

The only gear diff that's not the stock one, is the 3 Racing oil filled gear diff. I've got one that I haven't run yet, but I suspect the stock gear diff will be better overall.
__________________
Stab it and steer.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:30 AM   #674
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Do you want to simply replace your stock gear diff with another, or do you want to upgrade? If you're looking to convert to belt drive, then you're totally out of luck.

The only gear diff that's not the stock one, is the 3 Racing oil filled gear diff. I've got one that I haven't run yet, but I suspect the stock gear diff will be better overall.

Thanks for your input. It's a just for fun thing. I'm building up from a conversion kit - still in the post - so I don't really have any bits for the m-06. At all. Hence I'm checking out the diff options.
one-nil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #675
Tech Adept
 
Monkeys punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 142
Default

I run the 3 acing gear diff with the kit oil and it's way to thick for rear wheel drive. Even using 30wt shock oil it is too tight I think. I made the car really push as there was no rotation from the rear. Gone back to kit diff and it's perfect.
To be fair I have found a loose kit diff works well for a tight indoor track. 3 racing diff will be good for the m05 but can't get the thing free enough for the m06.
__________________
Top Racing Sabre mini
Tamiya m05
Sakura zero
Monkeys punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 12-06-2016 07:21 PM
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7631 12-01-2016 05:34 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 02:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:39 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0