Search
Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IronRing Racing
Thanks TorroRosso, or should I say RossoTorro, lol.
Anytime, and it's misspelled with purpose.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

As a follow up question, I'm just finishing my M06 build, what have guys been finding works for tires/inserts and camber? I hear the box setup tires/inserts works well, but also all S-Grip Radials all around? Are guys double stuffing the rears to get gearing, or what? Camber, 1.5 front 2 rear (just a total guess)?

Thanks in advance! Great race in Monoco, best race I've seen there in a long time!
Old 06-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Iron ring racing,

my setup for outdoor is using S-Grips all around. (some posts before).
Will get back to the track on the weekend and get some more feedback from the car!
Double stuffing the rear sounds interesting, especially as the 60D tires walk more over the side wall...
How to do this? Put the foams side to side or above each other? Take a stiff foam on the inside and a weeker outside?
Anyone has experiences with this?

Help appreciated!
Old 06-15-2011, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Hi Iron ring racing,

my setup for outdoor is using S-Grips all around. (some posts before).
Will get back to the track on the weekend and get some more feedback from the car!
Double stuffing the rear sounds interesting, especially as the 60D tires walk more over the side wall...
How to do this? Put the foams side to side or above each other? Take a stiff foam on the inside and a weeker outside?
Anyone has experiences with this?

Help appreciated!
hello Mathias,

tamiya tire are so thick, not enough to handling rear weight, you have to put double foam on rear....use hard foam and medium c sorex inner (cut as proper size) sorex inner must on out side (touch the tire)

front tire if u use s grip , you can use Tamiya hard inner foam ...use sand paper a little bit and let your tire smaller than rear.....if front tire smaller you will see how easy to drive

tips...: rear mounted motor make car easy to flip .....use short wheel base and use more ticker hex wheel on front (more track width than rear)....geometry of this car is oppositte than M05 FWD,
result :car more stable and understeer....easy to drive, and let using chasis to push you car to entry corner.....it"s realy fast and very cool controlable....brake EPA on radio just smalller persen....use a little brake when entry the corner....your lap time must be significan COOL....nice try

I am using this tips and using tamiya RZ motor stock 23 T....fast motor but M06 pro still perform on asphalt track ....use slick A on rear..unbelieveable grip

wait you field report.....feel free share with me

Last edited by mbahdukun; 06-15-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

What are you guys running for shock oil weights F/R on the M06? I'll be using the stock kit shocks and springs.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Just got some new carbon goodies for the M06 (scroll down)
Old 06-16-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dan
What are you guys running for shock oil weights F/R on the M06? I'll be using the stock kit shocks and springs.
your question depending track surface....bumpy ? use thinner oil to reduce bump....flat or smooth surface use thicker oil...you have to try until your car steady on track...open your body and watch your chasis keep steady and see only your suspension works

experiment make u easy solving problem...nice try
Old 06-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

After finding out the M06, I talk to my LHS and now the owner of the shop sounds like he would be picking one up as well. Cant wait to start building one
Old 06-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Mbahdukun,

obviously you race your M06 seriously!
Thanks again for your detailed advice. Unfortunately, I do not fully understand some details, so I have some further questions:

"...use hard foam and medium c sorex inner (cut as proper size) sorex inner must on out side (touch the tire)"

is it o.k. to cut the Sorex foam the same length as the Tamiya hard one? And then you mean place them side by side and the (weaker) Sorex foam on the outside of the tire, right? Glue the together somehow, or leave as pressfit?
-> I will definetely try next race!

"front tire if u use s grip , you can use Tamiya hard inner foam ...use sand paper a little bit and let your tire smaller than rear.....if front tire smaller you will see how easy to drive"

Use sandpaper to roughen the tire surface or the side wall?
I already use the hard foam inserts, but what do you mean by leaving the tire smaller? Think I did not get your intention on this...

"tips...: rear mounted motor make car easy to flip .....use short wheel base and use more ticker hex wheel on front (more track width than rear)....geometry of this car is oppositte than M05 FWD,
result :car more stable and understeer....easy to drive, and let using chasis to push you car to entry corner.....it"s realy fast and very cool controlable....brake EPA on radio just smalller persen....use a little brake when entry the corner....your lap time must be significan COOL....nice try"

As I run my M06 for the eyes and fun between my TB03 runs, I am stick to my VW body and long wheelbase! So I have to deal with this.
To my experience with this car at the moment and CE-4 engine and beetle body itīs real stable (much better than my old M02/M04), had no flip up to now, not even on indoor carpet. But I already tried 0,5 mm spacers on the rear hex adapters in rear to reduce understeer in front. (LWB problem I guess)
Car was already really fun to drie in the last race on asphalt, I had to brake on some 180° turns to reduce curve radius, but it was amazingly contollable and fun for the eye and ear, as the S-Grips make scale noises then...

I will definetly also try my set of Type A 60D slicks next time on the same track!

Thanks again for sharing your experience,
I will give for sure feedback after trying it all out!

BR,
Matthias
Old 06-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Another thing,

I really would appreciate the ride high speed gear set for some long straights on our track!
Unfortunately, itīs already sold out on speed tech...

Does anybody have another shop all over the world to sale this item?
Or was it just a small amount being build?

In this case, google doesnīt really help...
Old 06-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry if its been said already, but what's the hottest motor that can go in the m06 before its useless? I'm guessing since the motor is behind the axle it would handle a 13.5 motor fine with good tires?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think a 13.5 would tear up your transmission, I could be wrong though
Old 06-22-2011, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tamiya has type B reinforced slicks for m chassis now. They're better for hotter temperature track and has longer overall life.

17.5 or 21.5 would be better choice for M06. I'm getting the RX7 kit. Rear wheel drive usually has a softer setup in the back than the front. Stock recommendation is S grip on rear and M grip on front to have a silght push/understeer. I had a M04 when running with other M03s, it was a bit faster because it had 21 tooth pinion. It's trickier to drive in traffic, a little bump would send the car into a spin.
Old 06-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hyde
sorry if its been said already, but what's the hottest motor that can go in the m06 before its useless? I'm guessing since the motor is behind the axle it would handle a 13.5 motor fine with good tires?
With 55mm tires yes. With tamiya 60D tires probably traction roll
Old 06-24-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ruebiracer
Hi Mbahdukun,

obviously you race your M06 seriously!
Thanks again for your detailed advice. Unfortunately, I do not fully understand some details, so I have some further questions:

"...use hard foam and medium c sorex inner (cut as proper size) sorex inner must on out side (touch the tire)"

is it o.k. to cut the Sorex foam the same length as the Tamiya hard one? no sorex inner must be longer than tamiya innerAnd then you mean place them side by side and the (weaker) Sorex foam on the outside of the tire, right? Glue the together somehow, or leave as pressfit? put sorex inner outside....make your tire round and fully loaded...this thing make your rear quit stable to enter the corner and avoiding 60 D slick A or S grip longer life (not break easily)-> I will definetely try next race!

"front tire if u use s grip , you can use Tamiya hard inner foam ...use sand paper a little bit and let your tire smaller than rear.....if front tire smaller you will see how easy to drive"

Use sandpaper to roughen the tire surface or the side wall?
I already use the hard foam inserts, but what do you mean by leaving the tire smaller? Think I did not get your intention on this...

if you find smaller tire make ur car easy enter the corner....you can mix up the tire with other brand

"tips...: rear mounted motor make car easy to flip .....use short wheel base and use more ticker hex wheel on front (more track width than rear)....geometry of this car is oppositte than M05 FWD,
result :car more stable and understeer....easy to drive, and let using chasis to push you car to entry corner.....it"s realy fast and very cool controlable....brake EPA on radio just smalller persen....use a little brake when entry the corner....your lap time must be significan COOL....nice try"

As I run my M06 for the eyes and fun between my TB03 runs, I am stick to my VW body and long wheelbase! So I have to deal with this.
To my experience with this car at the moment and CE-4 engine and beetle body itīs real stable (much better than my old M02/M04), had no flip up to now, not even on indoor carpet. But I already tried 0,5 mm spacers on the rear hex adapters in rear to reduce understeer in front. (LWB problem I guess)
Car was already really fun to drie in the last race on asphalt, I had to brake on some 180° turns to reduce curve radius, but it was amazingly contollable and fun for the eye and ear, as the S-Grips make scale noises then...

I will definetly also try my set of Type A 60D slicks next time on the same track!....the best tamiya have on asphalt

Thanks again for sharing your experience,
I will give for sure feedback after trying it all out!

wait your field report soon....see yaaaa

BR,
Matthias

curious to try....have a nice race bro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.