R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #346
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have an M05 for sale if anyone is interested.

________TAMIYA M05__________

The 06 was a challenge at the track on Sat. Out door asphalt on s grip spec tire. I ended the day with 70 weight in the front w white springs. 25 in the rear w yellow springs 3 ho;e pistons all the way around. I switched from the 1.5 to the 2 degree rear hubs and that seemed to help rear stability. Just trying to get the car to go into the corners harder but its still very edgy. Exit power and the car looses it in the rear. Mid to High speed traction like going through the S's is great. The car needs alot more help in order to compete with the 05. Again this is based on Tamiya's S Grip spec tire
Old 01-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #347
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot View Post
No attitude hear I just don't like to see bad advice given without letting them know all of the details. Like Monkey said they have some decent products and I have purchased a few but never things like shocks diffs steering parts etc. There aluminum is soft compared to Tamiya's which is not good for some parts. Plus out here in the US we are not allowed to run parts that are not Tamiya for the TCS races. I have run alot of diffs in my M03,4,5 and now 6. So far the best diff is the TA03 ball diff if I had to recommend to someone to purchase a diff then thats what I would get.
I think you totally misunderstood RossoTorro's intention.
He is not advocating 3racing products or dissing Tamiya's hop ups. All he is saying is the 3racing Sakura's FF gear diff works.

To me, that sounds interesting, simply because a fluid filled gear diff that does not leak, removes the need in maintaining a ball diff.
That makes racing this class even more fuss free. That being said, I'm sure he's also not daft enough to suggest this be used in TCS, or whatever Tamiya sponsored races out there.
leongkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:17 AM   #348
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongkc View Post
I think you totally misunderstood RossoTorro's intention.
He is not advocating 3racing products or dissing Tamiya's hop ups. All he is saying is the 3racing Sakura's FF gear diff works.

To me, that sounds interesting, simply because a fluid filled gear diff that does not leak, removes the need in maintaining a ball diff.
That makes racing this class even more fuss free. That being said, I'm sure he's also not daft enough to suggest this be used in TCS, or whatever Tamiya sponsored races out there.
Thanks, and true!

I'm a total Tamiya nut myself, i buy every Tamiya hop-up there is for my cars.
But i also test other parts i think might be interesting, whatever brand that might be....
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #349
Tech Elite

Look, if you're a TCS competitor and haven't read the rules and don't know you can't use non-Tamiya hop ups or parts it's not anyones duty to warn you that this mod or that mod is not legal for TCS racing. Frankly, it's fun for me to see what the rest of the world is doing. So far the Aussies seem to have it wired best, but that's just my opinion.

The most frustrating and at the same time the best thing we do here is the Spec tire. Frustrating cause there are many better tires out there and we really can't compare set ups cause the tire is 80% of the equation. It's also good cause I no longer have 20 or 30 sets of tires. Now you can show up for a race with one, maybe two sets of tires for a race. The other benefit of the spec tire is you have to set the car up cause you can't hide behind tires anymore.

If the car is loose, we have to adjust the car. No matter the problem, we have to find the solutioon in the car set up. We can't just slap on a different tire and insert combination. No offence meant in that statement, but do want to point out that with the advent of the Spec tire in our racing, we sort of live in different worlds.
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:15 PM   #350
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wheelbase is too long. There is no need for more than 1 thread for Tamiya M chassis cars. If someone wants information that is related to TCS here in North America, I would recommend adding that in the Title box then readers will know the intended audience...

If Tamiya is bringing back almost all the older M chassis bodies, then please bring the Alfa Romeo GTA, Toyota bB, Honda S2000, and Mazda Miata back.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rci...t/kit58021.htm

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rci...t/kit58022.htm
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:16 PM   #351
Tech Fanatic

Yesterday we had our first race of 9 races of the belgian tamiyacup challenge.
There were a few guys who ran there new M06 PRO and 1 of them was able to keep up with the fastest M05 PRO driver (who is a very good friend of me and he was the overall winner).
The guy built his M06 on saterday and on sunday he finished 3th overall.
The car wasn't hopped up with the alu dampers or other option parts.
I think that proves that the M06 PRO has some serious potential to overtaken the M05 cars.
I think the extra weight of the M06 chassis isn't an issue on the track, cause the M05 chassis always has some wheel spin (except on a fast outdoor track)
But that's my humble opinion
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #352
Tech Regular

We run spec tire and spec esc/motor (ezrun 13T). Tires are Xpress Foams 26 or 30 shore. Yeah Racing foams are also allowed as they are same same... Great wear and grip, easy to set up car on carpet.

We started with silvercans back in the day and moved to sport tuned before going to EzRun. This has brought racing closer, more even and no fuzz. We do allow all hop-up, whatever brand. (No Xevo or exotic chassi)
We choose to do that because not everyone can afford Tamiya hop-up's, and there are some decent ones from 3racing and such. But i always tell people to buy orginal parts right away and that way they don't have to buy parts twice!
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #353
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
WIf Tamiya is bringing back almost all the older M chassis bodies, then please bring the Alfa Romeo GTA, Toyota bB, Honda S2000, and Mazda Miata back.
The Alfa and the Honda are already back. I think the Miata may already be in the wild as well. I don't know about the bB.

Jim
Old 01-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #354
Tech Apprentice

Default IM NEW TO LIPO!

Hey guys,

So I am not really a noob, but am a noob to this whole Lipo thing and was wondering if yall can give me some advice.

So I will be running a Tamiya M-06 and I would like it to run on Lipo, and I was wondering if you guys can tell me what to run (what charger and battery, and why.

Also,
if any of you are running the same class, if you can tell me your set-ups.

Thanks
evil.mishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 PM   #355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Got some M-06 replacement parts, hop-up parts and Miata bodies in!

Reinforced freewheel axles and titanium coated hinge pins are new.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:48 AM   #356
Tech Initiate

Are 3 Racing making any parts for the M06? Really could do with a motor mount with a built in fan
Jay_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:41 AM   #357
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Just mount a 30mm fan here:

It faces down right onto the motor. I even have the sway bar brackets in place to raise the fan a bit in order not to touch the transmission case.

Last edited by sohlman; 01-26-2011 at 03:42 PM.
sohlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #358
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot View Post
Here is a bunch of pics of my 06 I just got the rest of the parts in the mail today and I built it in about 6 1/2 hours. Seems long but I pay close attention to detail plus I had a lot of hop ups on it. Enjoy and ask any questions you may have. Feel free to PM me as well. I am taking it to Tamiya on Saturday for its maiden voyage on asphalt with spec tires (S Grips) Below are the hop ups that I put on it aside from what came with it. All parts and screws are tamiya

Titanium Screw Set
Diff and Gear Box Alum Plates
Adjustable Ball diff
CVD'S axles (rear)
Hardened Front Axles
Alum. Servo Brace
Alum. Blue Ball ends
M05 front shock tower
Alum recess washers
Special Edition Black TRF Shocks
Alum Rear Uprights
Carbon Fiber Gear Shafts
Alum Sterring Arm
Alum 4 mm Clamp style hubs
Alum rear, front, steering, camber tie rods
I think thats it ???? LOL

The wiring is kinda messy but oh well I am running the long wheel base with
the tamiya BMW body till I find out which one I want to run. Enjoy.
Z3? Must look damn ugly with tho 13" wheels..
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #359
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry White View Post
Z3? Must look damn ugly with tho 13" wheels..
You, Sir. Are you what is referred to as a troll? A troll, as I understand the term, is someone who goes thru the forums looking to post something to piss someone off. Well, if you are, you have managed to piss someone off.

After the current TCS Mini National Champ posts what he is doing to make his new M06 raceworthy and offers to answer PM's with ???? in an effort to be helpful, you have the gall to post that? I even saw him at the Nats working on other peoples motors, breaking them in, etc. Obviously, these motors weren't for Minis since we weren't allowed to take the Mini motors out of tech.

Let's contrast the two posts. One has helpful information and has an offer of help. Yours, however, exposes you as a mindless juvenile with an underdevoped sense of humor. I am assuming you were trying to appear superior and were attempting to be "funny". Jerk
Granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #360
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
You, Sir. Are you what is referred to as a troll? A troll, as I understand the term, is someone who goes thru the forums looking to post something to piss someone off. Well, if you are, you have managed to piss someone off.

After the current TCS Mini National Champ posts what he is doing to make his new M06 raceworthy and offers to answer PM's with ???? in an effort to be helpful, you have the gall to post that? I even saw him at the Nats working on other peoples motors, breaking them in, etc. Obviously, these motors weren't for Minis since we weren't allowed to take the Mini motors out of tech.

Let's contrast the two posts. One has helpful information and has an offer of help. Yours, however, exposes you as a mindless juvenile with an underdevoped sense of humor. I am assuming you were trying to appear superior and were attempting to be "funny". Jerk
Chill chill.. I mentioned that becouse I am of the opinion that those big wheel body's should only be used with big wheels. If spec tires are the only way then, or those bodies should be banned or an equivalent big spec tire should be introduced.

You sir have made an assumption of me thinkin' I want to piss someone of. I'm a long member with not to many posts becouse most of the things posted here are total BS. However there are still things I think are worthy of reading. You are one of them becouse I know you make a lot of sense (this is your first post I don't like). I'll allways read SirSwift becouse he's the US champ. Him using small UGLY wheels is only becouse he ain't allowed otherwise.
Barry White is offline   Reply With Quote