R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 02:39 AM   #271
Tech Regular
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ran mine on carpet last night, after some setup work it was competitive with the M05's. I manage fastest lap with it, the car was not as forgiving my M05.
Needed more attention when driving as the car was more on edge. It has better traction out of corners and almost launch control like speed off the line to escape the first corner mayhem.

Setup like this...

Front tires : Xpress mini foams 26 shore
Rear tires : Xpress mini foams 30 shore
Front camber : 1 degree
Rear camper : 2 degree
Toe out front : 3 mm
Rear upright : 1.5 degree Tamiya alu
Front Tamiya M05Ra uprights
TRF black limited dampers with blue springs front and yellow rear
300 Tamiya damper oil, placed 1 o-ring under spring cup rear.
3mm ground clarance.
3racing ball diff with Tamiya thrustbearing and ceramic balls.
Tamiya universal shafts.
4mm alu wheel hub adapters
No extra weight placed in car what so ever, and running lipo.
Ezrun 35A with 3000kv/13T system.
Servo : Futaba S9402
Body : Tamiya Honda S800

I did manage to win 3 races with it, so overall the car has alot of potential.
The other racers had a good look at my car and might get their own now.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:01 AM   #272
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 1,497
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Mini Spec Tire

I want to run Mini for the first time in my local TCS event this year. Although, I have raced for a long time, my Mini experience is nothing to speak of.

I see that Tamiya has a pre-built spec tire requirement for 2011 TCS (1016 Pre-Mounted Radial Tires 60D Super-Grip).

I want to practice using the spec tire/insert, but want to build the tire/insert/wheel myself (at a lower cost I assume).

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the tire and insert that match new spec setup? I assume the tires and inserts are available separately???

Thanks!
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #273
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 334
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
...
Needed more attention when driving as the car was more on edge. It has better traction out of corners and almost launch control like speed off the line to escape the first corner mayhem.
First time out on the track yesterday. Unfortunately not much practice and straight to racing. So setup time was really shortened up and I could only really make small adjustments. However I have to agree 100% with RossoTorro. You definitly need to pay much closer attention to everything as the car is on edge a lot. As well, its a bullit when you put the hammer down. I went from LWB M05 to SWB M06 - you can really throw that M05 around and it's way more forgiving. I battled some cornering hops as well which eventually led to some minor traction rolling.

Body was the Alpine. Putting the 2.0 Degree rear uprights was a big help as well eliminating loose rear end on hard accelleration.
__________________
-------------------------------------------
Pierre "Rugzilla" Valiquette
PierreV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #274
Tech Addict
 
frankthetank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MO
Posts: 599
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossoTorro View Post
Ran mine on carpet last night, after some setup work it was competitive with the M05's. I manage fastest lap with it, the car was not as forgiving my M05.
Hey RossoTorro, what wheelbase are you running?
__________________
*Xray T3 EU/21.5 RCGT/Tekin*
*Tamiya M06/17.5 EZ-Run*
*hobbyplexraceway.com*
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #275
Tech Addict
 
frankthetank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MO
Posts: 599
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
I want to run Mini for the first time in my local TCS event this year. Although, I have raced for a long time, my Mini experience is nothing to speak of.

I see that Tamiya has a pre-built spec tire requirement for 2011 TCS (1016 Pre-Mounted Radial Tires 60D Super-Grip).

I want to practice using the spec tire/insert, but want to build the tire/insert/wheel myself (at a lower cost I assume).

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the tire and insert that match new spec setup? I assume the tires and inserts are available separately???

Thanks!

I know for our TCS round here in NE, you have to run the Tamiya packaged pre-mount set. Which are reasonably priced, you couldn't really get them any cheaper a piece at a time.
__________________
*Xray T3 EU/21.5 RCGT/Tekin*
*Tamiya M06/17.5 EZ-Run*
*hobbyplexraceway.com*
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #276
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
Hey RossoTorro, what wheelbase are you running?
He was using S800 body so it must be SWB.
seasons29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #277
Tech Addict
 
frankthetank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MO
Posts: 599
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasons29 View Post
He was using S800 body so it must be SWB.
Cool, thanks!
__________________
*Xray T3 EU/21.5 RCGT/Tekin*
*Tamiya M06/17.5 EZ-Run*
*hobbyplexraceway.com*
frankthetank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #278
Tech Regular
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Yes, it is short 210mm.

Dampers are 3 hole pistons with red foam in bladder.

I'm very impressed with the M06. The car has alot of potential, atleast on carpet. What it lose out on corners it gains in exit speeds out of them, and in breaking zones. Some more setup work and it might be my new favourite, and the M05 will act as back up car.
RossoTorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 AM   #279
Tech Addict
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Abarth 1000TCR body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
As stated previously, the Abarth wont fit due to the motor hanging out the back. I use the Alfa Romeo and the Datsun 510.
How about cutting the rear engine bay section, and showing the actual motor, instead of the molded plastic engine? If it fits, better cooling for the motor. Then maybe add some plastic pieces, to reinforce the cut area. It can also be used, with the rear engine lid closed? I know that's not the Abarth way. If someone does this body mod, and will not use the plastic engine parts tree, I'll take them.
__________________
www.activrc.com

Last edited by gtfour93; 01-12-2011 at 04:17 AM.
gtfour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 AM   #280
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 91
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfour93 View Post
How about cutting the rear engine bay section, and showing the actual motor, instead of the molded plastic engine? If it fits, better cooling for the motor. Then maybe add some plastic pieces, to reinforce the cut area. It can also be used, with the rear engine lid closed? I know that's not the Abarth way. If someone does this body mod, and will not use the plastic engine parts tree, I'll take them.
That exactly what I have in mind, too bad I've been busy painting my Alpine A110 body for the uncoming race on Sunday. I'll get to that right after. Can't WAIT!!
seasons29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #281
Tech Addict
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasons29 View Post
That exactly what I have in mind, too bad I've been busy painting my Alpine A110 body for the uncoming race on Sunday. I'll get to that right after. Can't WAIT!!
You might not have to cut up the engine bay after all. Link was PM'd to me by another member. The ABC Hobby Porsche 911 looks nice as well.
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=105144
__________________
www.activrc.com
gtfour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:38 PM   #282
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 79
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default :)

I ordered one, picking it up tomorrow
evil.mishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #283
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverShelby View Post
I'll take a Vega GT
I too would buy a Vega GT, and I would by a Shelby Charger GLHS as well, heck I'll settle for a Shelby Shadow CSX
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #284
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
I want to run Mini for the first time in my local TCS event this year. Although, I have raced for a long time, my Mini experience is nothing to speak of.

I see that Tamiya has a pre-built spec tire requirement for 2011 TCS (1016 Pre-Mounted Radial Tires 60D Super-Grip).

I want to practice using the spec tire/insert, but want to build the tire/insert/wheel myself (at a lower cost I assume).

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for the tire and insert that match new spec setup? I assume the tires and inserts are available separately???

Thanks!
51237 Suzuki Swift Wheel (the grey is only availible in the Pre mount)
53254 M chassis 60D super grip radial
53255 M chassis 60D hard inner sponge
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:58 PM   #285
Tech Regular
 
SilverShelby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Huntsville,AL
Posts: 452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer View Post
I too would buy a Vega GT, and I would by a Shelby Charger GLHS as well, heck I'll settle for a Shelby Shadow CSX
AMEM!!!!!!!
__________________
and YES Its a can motor!!!!!
M03,M05L,M06M,FF03PRO,CC01 Jeep,M03L-Yello Mini
ABC Hobby Goose,Genetic
2011 Memphis winner Mini,FWD
2013 e mergent winner Mini
SilverShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20782 Yesterday 04:25 PM
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7631 12-01-2016 05:34 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 02:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0