TAMIYA M-06 Thread >

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Like Tree120Likes

TAMIYA M-06 Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini35
Some are OK some are awful leaky things I had 2 sets and out of the 8 shocks none were very consistent, 3 were fine, 5 not. And do not judge an 06 by the standards of an 07 or you'll be disappointed, they're very different cars. An 06 demands a lot of work to get it into the groove and you'll find that groove is very narrow. And a badly setup 06 is a hateful thing. A well set up one can deliver a killer drive though.
I've had 3Racing shocks for mini RCs and they have been great. Definitely worth the money. I figured the larger ones would vary more.

I'm just a basher. I don't plan on racing. Do you still think I'd be disappointed with the M06?

Originally Posted by Nerobro
How long before we have a M08? :-)
As soon as I order an M-06 I'm sure.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
How long before we have a M08? :-)
Not soon enough
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raman
Not soon enough
After seeing what the M07 is, that's exactly my thought. The thing feels ~exactly~ on the level of like, a TC4. It's really impressive.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Is there nobody on here that has a mole at Tamiya? If so find out when we're getting the M-08! LOL
Old 08-17-2017, 01:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Forget Seidel and go to Tamico , also Germany

Best reseller for Eu and overseas

they still have the white pumpkin

I'm new so cant post links yet

go to: tamico,de and search for pumpkin

Last edited by seidemanus; 08-17-2017 at 01:03 AM. Reason: type error
Old 08-19-2017, 02:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Quick update on my Alfa.. It got the stitching treatment, same as my Mini. Sadly, now it's in even worse shape, but maybe it's a good excuse to start looking for a new body.
As for driving, I think I've now gotten the handling down pretty nicely, I'm really enjoying the car! It oversteers just slightly, and there seems to be good grip without traction roll in the corners. I'm now seriously thinking about upgrading the motor from the stock, we'll see how that messes with the setup

Old 08-19-2017, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

What are the must have upgrades for the M-06 besides bearings and CVA shocks?

I like installing upgrades while I build especially if they are difficult to get to once the car is assembled.
Old 08-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mcmattila
Quick update on my Alfa.. It got the stitching treatment, same as my Mini. Sadly, now it's in even worse shape, but maybe it's a good excuse to start looking for a new body.
As for driving, I think I've now gotten the handling down pretty nicely, I'm really enjoying the car! It oversteers just slightly, and there seems to be good grip without traction roll in the corners. I'm now seriously thinking about upgrading the motor from the stock, we'll see how that messes with the setup

This is the only body I race with. Pm me and tell me your setup and I can help you tune the oversteer out
Old 08-19-2017, 01:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Raman
This is the only body I race with. Pm me and tell me your setup and I can help you tune the oversteer out
No need to get it out, this is what I was going for, actually! There's just a hint of oversteer, and I feel that I'm in control. I'm not sure if my setup would win any races, but I like the feel of it. Thanks for the offer though!
Old 08-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
What are the must have upgrades for the M-06 besides bearings and CVA shocks?
I like the swaybars
Old 08-21-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hope you don't mind if I jump in here...

Been wanting to try one of these Yeah Racing long arm conversions for a long time! I don't race or do TCS, so why not? I love my M06, it already handles very well - hoping this is an improvement. The conversion kit went on pretty smoothly, though I did have a few issues.

Before surgery... pretty much box stock M06 Pro with carbon towers.

Old vs. new. Can clearly see the change in suspension geometry.

Grabbed some CVD's too...well this is no good! Had to add some spacers to the shocks to limit downtravel so the CVD's would engage. Even then, it's just barely in there. Same with the stock parts. Not overly happy about it.

No problems up front. Better geometry and bearings in the hubs. Smooth as can be!

Done! Added Tamiya's swaybar set while I was at it.

You'd never know what was hiding under there...

And test day! I forgot my turnbuckle tool, so I had some wacky camber issues but the car did great. It was much less darty all around. Very planted into turns, and just a bit of oversteer out. I'm sure it can be tuned further (especially when the camber is sorted out) but happy with the result overall. No issues with the CVD's either.

Having said that, I don't know that I'd buy it again. I don't know that the minor gains are worth the price....it's not a cheap kit. Quality is good though, and everything fit perfectly.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

I think the added weight will counter its benefit and make the arms respond slower.

If they had made it on plastic, it would have been more beneficial.

The M08 will have the longer arms of the M07. Im also looking forward to having the camber links in more optimal positions.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

What's a good Ride-Height for this chassis?
I run the Ride-Height at 4mm.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just can't seem to decide whether to get the M-06 or M-07. Apparently the -07 has some nice new features and FWD is better in races (seeing as both race in the same class at least over here). But I've been thinking of making a Porsche or a Beetle. Having them in a FWD chassis just feels so wrong

There'd also be the M-06 kit with the Beetle body, but I suppose after the "mandatory" upgrades (which I think the "pro" kit already has?) to the chassis it'd become quite expensive. Especially as the included ESC and motor probably wouldn't get used at all, being brushed (and the race class has strict restrictions on electronics anyway). Problem is outside of the kit it seems to be a bit of a pain to find all the body parts, as it seems the Beetle body bought separately doesn't come with the external accessories (stickers, bumpers and other stuff). Though the HPI 7211 Porsche body would come with those, so I guess a Pro kit with the Porsche body would make the most sense. Darn expensive body, though, being 48€ or so shipped, much more than a big SCT body and even those are much more expensive than I'd like Oh, and apparently that HPI body wouldn't even fit on the M-07 since it is for a 210mm wheelbase.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
TAMIYA
M-06 PRO Chassis Kit # 58460 Yen 17,800
ok, just joined.........start M06 & M05 talk of racing....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.