R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #2011
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
love that yellow Alfa!
oh, if it weren't SWB i'd be all over it.

I just completed my MWB M06 build. Everything is ready to go. I am going to get some practice in either next week or week after. Work has kept me from racing lately AND the weather has not been good here in N. Calfornia ...all outdoor tracks are soaked!
The Alfa is MWB!
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:10 PM   #2012
Tech Regular
 
firefoxussr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eR1c View Post
love that yellow Alfa!
oh, if it weren't SWB i'd be all over it.
It's a MWB car. 225mm.
__________________
Parking lot heroes: M06, TA05sw, XV01, XRay T1, SC10B
Partially disassembled: HPI Cup Racer, FGX, M04, TA02, TA05 IFS
Newest acquisitions: A210SS Exige, HPI MX-5, Tamiya F40
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:01 PM   #2013
Tech Adept
 
marcos graveyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newtownforbes, Ireland
Posts: 232
Send a message via AIM to marcos graveyar
Default

Matthias, what length shafts are you using in the shocks ? Do you use the wheel hub weights ?
marcos graveyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #2014
Tech Regular
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos graveyar View Post
Matthias, what length shafts are you using in the shocks ? Do you use the wheel hub weights ?
Hi,
forgot to mention this:
Front shock length reduced to 56mm,
rear 62mm (longer M06 Pro/R rod),
lower mount from R version.

Axle weights off in the last 2 finals.
But was not convinced of that, had to adapt my driving style. It seemed, the axle weights helped to keep the inner wheel down.
Only took it off, as its usually a tuning option aimed for low traction tracks.

Seems I will put them on again next time...

Br,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.mst-estenfeld.de/der-loeffler-cup
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:51 PM   #2015
Tech Adept
 
marcos graveyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newtownforbes, Ireland
Posts: 232
Send a message via AIM to marcos graveyar
Default

What about radio settings ? end points/expo etc. ?
marcos graveyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #2016
Tech Regular
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos graveyar View Post
What about radio settings ? end points/expo etc. ?
Hi Marcos,
just checked the Transmitter:
End setting was: EPA 100%, Dual Rate 74%.
Expo -68%, ALB Stroke 50% / Point 80%, Release and hold 0,03sec.
These are the SANWA names of the terms, Iīm driving an MT4.
Maybe strange settings for other drivers, but for me it worked quite well!
I may have to add, that the brake of my LRP QC3 is not that strong anymore,
so the ALB settings work for this fact and the RWD. In some corners, I used the brake...

Br,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.mst-estenfeld.de/der-loeffler-cup
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #2017
Tech Master
 
eR1c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,555
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
The Alfa is MWB!
Thanks! Didn't realize that. Either way, ..I am pleased w/ my Miata MWB.
eR1c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #2018
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Had the 06 at the track yesterday. The car is simply amazing on carpet.

If you have not tried the Shimizu 33/30 with sweep hard insert, you don't know what you're missing.

I'm still hopeful that Tamiya will give us an update soon.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:05 PM   #2019
Tech Regular
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Had the 06 at the track yesterday. The car is simply amazing on carpet.

If you have not tried the Shimizu 33/30 with sweep hard insert, you don't know what you're missing.

I'm still hopeful that Tamiya will give us an update soon.
Hi Raman,
fully agree and canīt wait to get a rerelease of the R-specific stuff or even some special news for the M06.

And my friend and me already ordered now the missing 33 PS, RC Mart finally have them in stock again.

Just need to rebuld my ear diff with 5k from last race, as Iīve a faulty planet gear in it. I tend to try for testing a Tamiya TB04 diff in it, instead of my 3 Racing ones I used the last years...

Br,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.mst-estenfeld.de/der-loeffler-cup
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:37 PM   #2020
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Hi Raman,
fully agree and canīt wait to get a rerelease of the R-specific stuff or even some special news for the M06.

And my friend and me already ordered now the missing 33 PS, RC Mart finally have them in stock again.

Just need to rebuld my ear diff with 5k from last race, as Iīve a faulty planet gear in it. I tend to try for testing a Tamiya TB04 diff in it, instead of my 3 Racing ones I used the last years...

Br,
Matthias
There is a ar$chloch at our track that has a habit of hitting people. He has hit my M06 4 times now. I let him know my opinion this week.

Anyhow, when he hit me, he broke my rear rims with the PS 30. I suspended them in my acetone contraption to debond the glue. It's a messy process because the Tamiya abs rims melt like butter from the fumes.. But you get to salvage the tyres and the insert.

Once I cleaned the abs butter off the tyres lol.. I pulled out the inserts and put sxt tyre conditioner all over the tyres to replace the oils lost by acetone.

I then inspected the inserts and realised one of them was inside out! Lol. I had installed it that way! I still don't know how, I would have never flipped it .. So it must have been that way in the package.

It's good to know that it didn't effect handling very much.. Or maybe that was the trick lol
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #2021
Tech Regular
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
There is a ar$chloch at our track that has a habit of hitting people. He has hit my M06 4 times now. I let him know my opinion this week.

Anyhow, when he hit me, he broke my rear rims with the PS 30. I suspended them in my acetone contraption to debond the glue. It's a messy process because the Tamiya abs rims melt like butter from the fumes.. But you get to salvage the tyres and the insert.

Once I cleaned the abs butter off the tyres lol.. I pulled out the inserts and put sxt tyre conditioner all over the tyres to replace the oils lost by acetone.

I then inspected the inserts and realised one of them was inside out! Lol. I had installed it that way! I still don't know how, I would have never flipped it .. So it must have been that way in the package.

It's good to know that it didn't effect handling very much.. Or maybe that was the trick lol
Oh no Raman, the same guy again?
Hit you in the training with a touring car?
Maybe you should keep the "butter rests" from your wheel and donate it to his car...

But interesting technique you do for rescuing the tire. Didnīt know, that there is some Tire conditioner existing to bring the oils back in the rubber.
Could be good for TC tires too, that are older and hardened out a little or cleaned with brake cleaner too often?

Anyway, maybe itīs better to leave the driver stand, when he is joining the track...
Better for the Alfa!

Br,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.mst-estenfeld.de/der-loeffler-cup
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:58 AM   #2022
Tech Regular
 
firefoxussr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 343
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Oh no Raman, the same guy again?
Raman, you and your fancy carpet track with m-chassis racing. Where I live, there's no carpet racing within 150 miles much less an m-chassis class
__________________
Parking lot heroes: M06, TA05sw, XV01, XRay T1, SC10B
Partially disassembled: HPI Cup Racer, FGX, M04, TA02, TA05 IFS
Newest acquisitions: A210SS Exige, HPI MX-5, Tamiya F40
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:41 AM   #2023
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxussr View Post
Raman, you and your fancy carpet track with m-chassis racing. Where I live, there's no carpet racing within 150 miles much less an m-chassis class
LOL! Well up until a year ago.. we did not have anything.. so don't hate on me man lol
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:26 PM   #2024
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Oh no Raman, the same guy again?
Hit you in the training with a touring car?
Maybe you should keep the "butter rests" from your wheel and donate it to his car...

But interesting technique you do for rescuing the tire. Didnīt know, that there is some Tire conditioner existing to bring the oils back in the rubber.
Could be good for TC tires too, that are older and hardened out a little or cleaned with brake cleaner too often?

Anyway, maybe itīs better to leave the driver stand, when he is joining the track...
Better for the Alfa!

Br,
Matthias
The Corally SXT 2.0 is a very thick traction compound.. almost like a syrup. I have applied it to old tyres before and let them soak in.. they come out shiny and soft. Not sure how long then will last..
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #2025
Tech Apprentice
 
ErikJan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Posts: 62
Default

Can anyone share a picture of a mounted rear stabi bar.
Looks like you need really long connection bars.
ErikJan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 21198 10-19-2017 06:51 PM
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7672 10-11-2017 10:51 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 01:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 07:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:40 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net