R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree24Likes

Old 07-04-2016, 03:30 AM   #1831
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood

The set-up info that I posted on June 28th 2016 is for asphalt.

Thank You
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:37 AM   #1832
Tech Adept

Coming indoor season our club is starting with a M chassis competition on medium grip carpet. So Right now I considering buying a M06 instead of a M05 chassis.

After reading this thread the first hopups that comes to mind are;

Ballbearings
TRF dampers
M05 balldif
Super grip tires (rear) with regular inlays
M grip tires ( front) with regular inlays
CVD's

So any suggestions?

Tamiya TRF418, Tamiya TT-01 Type E and Still lookin'for more Tamiya cars.......
http://jdskyline.blogspot.com/
JD Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:19 AM   #1833
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Core Creations

I would think the M grip fronts would have way too much grip for carpet being used as a front tire. Most run the Type A slick as it gives plenty of steering but is nice and smooth in the corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Skyline View Post
Coming indoor season our club is starting with a M chassis competition on medium grip carpet. So Right now I considering buying a M06 instead of a M05 chassis.

Ballbearings
TRF dampers
M05 balldif
CVD's

So any suggestions?

Mini Mafia Kansas Chapter - where the monster minis grow!
Core Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:03 PM   #1834
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Quote:

Ballbearings
TRF dampers
M05 balldif
CVD's

So any suggestions?
Youre on the right track. Steering arms? You can get away with stock plastic by adding bearing and shimming.. But ultimately you will probably want them.

The rest of the upgrades would be more bling than anything else
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:53 AM   #1835
Tech Adept

Thank you both for the reply. very helpfull
Lot of clubmembers tell me to stay away from the M-06. Because this chassis has a lot of issues to solve, one of them being stability of the car!! In other words, it will be a costly enterprise if you want to start to race with this chassis.

personally I look at it as a challenge

Old 08-27-2016, 08:59 AM   #1836
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thank you both for the reply. very helpfull
Lot of clubmembers tell me to stay away from the M-06. Because this chassis has a lot of issues to solve, one of them being stability of the car!! In other words, it will be a costly enterprise if you want to start to race with this chassis.

personally I look at it as a challenge
To be blunt, they're ignorant. Most people in RC just follow the herd. The herd drives the M05 so that's what they advise you.

The difference between the two is that it takes skill and thought to drive the M06. You just need to get the hang of it.. You can't gun it into a turn and turn the wheel like an M05.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:51 PM   #1837
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
The difference between the two is that it takes skill and thought to drive the M06. You just need to get the hang of it.. You can't gun it into a turn and turn the wheel like an M05.
Yep! My next project is a M06 L for a unusual body. I can't wait!

Until then my XV01 is sweet. I've only seriously crashed it once in its first week
firefoxussr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:13 PM   #1838
Tech Adept

Quote:
To be blunt, they're ignorant. Most people in RC just follow the herd. The herd drives the M05 so that's what they advise you.

Took a while, but now I'm finally able to reply. But any ways I agree, Like I said I see it as a challenge to drive the M06 chassis... and even better win the competition with the M06 chassis

Old 09-04-2016, 01:59 AM   #1839
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxussr View Post
Yep! My next project is a M06 L for a unusual body. I can't wait!

Until then my XV01 is sweet. I've only seriously crashed it once in its first week
I too have an xv-01, and have thought about buying a m-chassis cuz they look so fun. I think it's hard to choose since the m05 and m-06, after seeing all the "herd" reviews about understeer, and the like, I really want to see how it drives myself. It's like a 2wd buggy configuration. Which seems sweet.

It's like playing certain characters in video games, some are easier than others. But the harder characters take more time to learn, but pay off in the end.

I just can't justify dropping monies on another vehicle that I'd end up upgrading to the max.

That means I'd have to share time between two cars, and that just leads to less focus. Okay you've temped me enough, I'm out, catch me in the xv-01 threads.
4roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #1840
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roller View Post
I too have an xv-01, and have thought about buying a m-chassis cuz they look so fun. I think it's hard to choose since the m05 and m-06, after seeing all the "herd" reviews about understeer, and the like, I really want to see how it drives myself. It's like a 2wd buggy configuration. Which seems sweet.
I'm modeling a rear-engine RWD car, that's why I want an M06. On that note I've had an M05 before. It's fun because it's 'wrong wheel drive'. That said I bought it purely to comply with my former local tracks reg that it be a FWD mini (m-chassis).

I did sell it right after the race class/track was gone. Same with the F103... cuz I really hate solid axle.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #1841
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roller View Post

It's like playing certain characters in video games, some are easier than others. But the harder characters take more time to learn, but pay off in the end.

I just can't justify dropping monies on another vehicle that I'd end up upgrading to the max.

That means I'd have to share time between two cars, and that just leads to less focus. Okay you've temped me enough, I'm out, catch me in the xv-01 threads.
M06 definitely doesn't drive like a rear motor buggy. I know where you're coming from and I thought the same years ago but I soon realised...wrong. Good car and on the right track devastatingly effective but the optimum performance window is relatively narrow. Now we only run 06s for giggles, the competitive guys run the 05v2. And the XV01...had one, did nothing for me at all, I chalked it up as one of Tamiya's (frequent) answers to a problem that never existed.
Mini35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:38 AM   #1842
Tech Elite

Quote:
I'm modeling a rear-engine RWD car, that's why I want an M06. On that note I've had an M05 before. It's fun because it's 'wrong wheel drive'. That said I bought it purely to comply with my former local tracks reg that it be a FWD mini (m-chassis).

I did sell it right after the race class/track was gone. Same with the F103... cuz I really hate solid axle.
I came close to buying an M05 and then decided to correct the wrong wheel drive and bought an MF-01X
Old 09-06-2016, 10:40 AM   #1843
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini35 View Post
M06 definitely doesn't drive like a rear motor buggy. I know where you're coming from and I thought the same years ago but I soon realised...wrong. Good car and on the right track devastatingly effective but the optimum performance window is relatively narrow. Now we only run 06s for giggles, the competitive guys run the 05v2. And the XV01...had one, did nothing for me at all, I chalked it up as one of Tamiya's (frequent) answers to a problem that never existed.
Where Rallye classes exist, the XV01 dominates, that's Tamiya's answer to the problem.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:22 AM   #1844
Tech Regular

Quote:
I came close to buying an M05 and then decided to correct the wrong wheel drive and bought an MF-01X
I almost bid on an M05 (for conversion to M06) this week until eWippler came thru with a new-in-bag chassis only M06. If you're bidding against me [deity] help you
Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #1845
Tech Elite

Quote:
I almost bid on an M05 (for conversion to M06) this week until eWippler came thru with a new-in-bag chassis only M06. If you're bidding against me [deity] help you
Nope im all stocked up on M06. Contact Eric Wippler on here.. maybe he can just cut you a deal.. he is a good guy