R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #1801
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood View Post
Does anyone know what is the fastest Brushless Motor you can run in the M-06?(the smallest pinion is a 16-t). I'm thinking a 6.5-turn is the fastest for the gearing.......?



Thanks
6.5 will be a lot to handle on any rear wheel drive platform. You would have to be very gentle on take off and slowly accelerate to full throttle.

Also you will need to change tyres, the m chassis will balloon.. Recommend Shimizu racing inner mesh series

Last, I hope you have upgraded to oil filled shocks, otherwise you will not be able to put any power down
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:03 AM   #1802
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmGreatDane View Post
I take it, if standard hard case lipos fit in the compartment, stick pack lipos will fit as well?

Thanks!
Yes.. Standard rectangular hard case LiPos fit just fine
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 03:14 AM   #1803
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 456
Send a message via AIM to GuyIsDamGood
Default

Thanks for the info Raman. I have (item # 54000) Aluminum Damper Shocks installed, (item # 54361) Front Damper Stay and 54162) Rear Damper Stay. This M06 chassis is mostly for my three sons. I just wanted to get more speed out of the car.
GuyIsDamGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:24 PM   #1804
Tech Apprentice
 
IAmGreatDane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Yes.. Standard rectangular hard case LiPos fit just fine
Thanks, Raman.

Although I did mean stick pack as in good old 7.2V batteries (NiCd?) and not standard rectangular hard case lipos.
__________________
Best Regards,

I Am GreatDane c'',)
IAmGreatDane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #1805
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

stick are fine as well
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:17 PM   #1806
Tech Apprentice
 
IAmGreatDane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
stick are fine as well
Thanks
__________________
Best Regards,

I Am GreatDane c'',)
IAmGreatDane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:57 AM   #1807
Tech Regular
 
cpal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Staten Island
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default m06R

i have the R car and have had no luck with the setup for asphalt any setups i can try?
__________________
Chris Palermo - roar 1-91330
GP Racing - Brownies Hobbies - 360v2 raceway
If You Tempt A Squirrel With A Nut, Be Prepared To Be Bitten.
R.I.P CHESTER P.
cpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:50 PM   #1808
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Brea, Ca
Posts: 103
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpal View Post
i have the R car and have had no luck with the setup for asphalt any setups i can try?
So what is your car doing? No luck can mean too pushy, to loose, traction roll, etc. I just ran a setup last week that with Tamiya spec tires (TCS) worked really well. Better on asphalt than my M03 or M05.

If you are not into TCS, then I found certain tire combos will make a car that should handle like garbage, actually be fun to drive. IM if you want a little help. I want to see some more M06 drivers have success. The 06 has a clear advantage in acceleration.

EB R
EB Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #1809
Tech Master
 
foampervert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,379
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to foampervert
Default M06 fiends!

Greetings fellow Rear Driven FANatics!

I've just created a fully editable Setup PDF for the M06

Should you want it, please drop me a PM with your email address.

The file is slightly larger then 1MB and cannot be posted here.

This will allow us to share our setups more effectively.

Cheerio!

-Alexander
p.s. The pic is a screenshot of the PDF files with stuff ticked and things written. It's fully editable, you can rename and store your own setups.
When sharing setups, just take a screenshot of your setup sheet (like I did) cos the setups sheet is, once again, 1MB and cannot be posted here.
Attached Thumbnails
TAMIYA M-06 Thread-screen-shot-2016-03-25-12.26.59-am.png  
__________________
During heats, i use durex for both front and rear, with Hard inserts.

Sorex, i meant Sorex.
foampervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:26 AM   #1810
Tech Master
 
foampervert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,379
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to foampervert
Default my setup for TAC Rd1 (Singapore)

Dear Rear Driven FANatics,

Included is my setup for our local indoor carpet race (TAC Rd1) on a super high grip surface.

I find that the car traction rolls if I am off power, but is stable (with understeer) on throttle. This allows me to let off throttle early and power through a sweeper that M05 drivers have to brake and turn at.
the infield was a s-turn, a fast chicane and a 90 turn to a slight chicane to the straight and the m06 was flawless there.

All up weight is 1232grams.

I initially juiced the whole rear tyre and the 2 inner ribs of the front tyres, but I found myself still traction rolling. So I stopped juicing entirely... helped a lot but if I didn't get on throttle fast enuff or I chickened out and let off throttle, the car would traction roll in the sweeper.

any suggestions? lower ride height? minimum is 3mm... maybe I should slam the car down?

-Alexander
Attached Thumbnails
TAMIYA M-06 Thread-tac2016-rd1-alexander-.jpg  
__________________
During heats, i use durex for both front and rear, with Hard inserts.

Sorex, i meant Sorex.

Last edited by foampervert; 03-25-2016 at 10:41 AM.
foampervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:23 AM   #1811
Tech Regular
 
ruebiracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Southern Germany
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foampervert View Post
Dear Rear Driven FANatics,

Included is my setup for our local indoor carpet race (TAC Rd1) on a super high grip surface.

I find that the car traction rolls if I am off power, but is stable (with understeer) on throttle. This allows me to let off throttle early and power through a sweeper that M05 drivers have to brake and turn at.
the infield was a s-turn, a fast chicane and a 90 turn to a slight chicane to the straight and the m06 was flawless there.

All up weight is 1232grams.

I initially juiced the whole rear tyre and the 2 inner ribs of the front tyres, but I found myself still traction rolling. So I stopped juicing entirely... helped a lot but if I didn't get on throttle fast enuff or I chickened out and let off throttle, the car would traction roll in the sweeper.

any suggestions? lower ride height? minimum is 3mm... maybe I should slam the car down?

-Alexander
Dear Alex,
good to hear some race action from the M06 side!
Unfortunately, I cannot zoom your screenshot clearly enough to identify your setup! Can you post a pdf maybe? Or just pm me yours and of course Iīd like to test your editable setup sheet and compare to Ramanīs!

Without real knowledge of your setup, have you thought about gluing the front tire sides/tread with cyano to avoid traction rolling? Of course, it also depends on the tires you use. But if that are S-Grips, it will for sure help.

Br,
Matthias
__________________
www.TTSC-Racing.de
www.mst-estenfeld.de/der-loeffler-cup
ruebiracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:49 AM   #1812
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Agree with Mathias, we need to see your set up.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 09:49 AM   #1813
Tech Master
 
foampervert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,379
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to foampervert
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruebiracer View Post
Dear Alex,
good to hear some race action from the M06 side!
Unfortunately, I cannot zoom your screenshot clearly enough to identify your setup! Can you post a pdf maybe? Or just pm me yours and of course Iīd like to test your editable setup sheet and compare to Ramanīs!

Without real knowledge of your setup, have you thought about gluing the front tire sides/tread with cyano to avoid traction rolling? Of course, it also depends on the tires you use. But if that are S-Grips, it will for sure help.

Br,
Matthias
We aren't allowed to glue the sidewalls or tire surface... Technically, no other "anti-traction roll" techniques like thick silicon oil either (that's not preventing people from using it of coz)

I'd rather just tune it out or drive differently. I do like how fast they car is through turns... I just need it to be a tad less tippy.

I can send you the editable PDF and my setup via email. The PDF file is over 1mb and cannot be posted here. Just pm me your email address.

Alexander
Attached Thumbnails
TAMIYA M-06 Thread-tac2016-rd1-alexander-.jpg  
__________________
During heats, i use durex for both front and rear, with Hard inserts.

Sorex, i meant Sorex.

Last edited by foampervert; 03-25-2016 at 10:43 AM.
foampervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:07 AM   #1814
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,261
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by foampervert View Post
We aren't allowed to glue the sidewalls or tire surface... Technically, no other "anti-traction roll" techniques like thick silicon oil either (that's not preventing people from using it of coz)

I'd rather just tune it out or drive differently. I do like how fast they car is through turns... I just need it to be a tad less tippy.

I can send you the editable PDF and my setup via email. The PDF file is over 1mb and cannot be posted here. Just pm me your email address.

Alexander
I know your previously mentioned that you had tried my set up recommendation and it made the car twitchy.

My experience on carpet still remains the same, I do not have any traction roll issues. The limiting factor is always me.

Looking at your set up, I still feel you are too soft. So I recommend something in the middle. The light blue Spring is probably too stiff for 40wt and may be causing the rear to be bouncy.

to reduce traction roll, try the following, but not all at once.

1. Heavier shock oil eg 50wt
2. Yellow Spring up front
3. Running a weight down the centre of chassis under battery

Last edited by Raman; 03-25-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:36 PM   #1815
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,000
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Racer View Post
So what is your car doing? No luck can mean too pushy, to loose, traction roll, etc. I just ran a setup last week that with Tamiya spec tires (TCS) worked really well. Better on asphalt than my M03 or M05.

If you are not into TCS, then I found certain tire combos will make a car that should handle like garbage, actually be fun to drive. IM if you want a little help. I want to see some more M06 drivers have success. The 06 has a clear advantage in acceleration.

EB R
hey EB - would you be willing to share your setup?? I'm getting one to try out this summer (for a TCS race), wanna try something different for a change instead of my m05
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 21198 10-19-2017 06:51 PM
EAMotorsports discussion thread BigDogRacing Team and Company Discussions 7672 10-11-2017 10:51 PM
Off Road Thread (ALL SCALES UNITE) suntok2 Manila Racers 18645 01-07-2016 01:13 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 07:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:11 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net