Wiki Posts
Search

Endurance Motor

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tornado
How long is the race ...may I ask?
200-400 laps. Probably 2 hours plus. Continuous.
Tech Fanatic

the spray i think is video head cleaner, that what we do to cool down caburator for GP during race, EP seldom cos no endurance. but for small race where 20 ppl joint just 5-10 have to start next round we used to spray on the motor can *not directly on the comm experience the comm came off just after the spray. extreme hot and extreme cold the glue to hole the 3 piece comm fail.
tornado

Originally posted by ritchie
no nothing special was done this year, one guy ran a heat sink this year, last year one had a can of something, he would spray on the motor while the battery was being changed, it cooled the motor, i want to say it was fe - on, but don't think that was what it was. this thread is new and i'm sure others will respond shortly with more info,
We use to have a can of video head cleaner. (Nicon Brand - Yellow can with a blue cap) If you spray too much you would see frost building up. Works great to cool down the motor during the pit stop. Else you could for CO2 contact cleaner but be careful with this one...don't spray too much....ur motor magnet may crack!

Old 06-17-2004, 08:41 PM
tornado

Originally posted by rcsabah
the spray i think is video head cleaner, that what we do to cool down caburator for GP during race, EP seldom cos no endurance. but for small race where 20 ppl joint just 5-10 have to start next round we used to spray on the motor can *not directly on the comm experience the comm came off just after the spray. extreme hot and extreme cold the glue to hole the 3 piece comm fail.
Yeah ...you could spray on to the comm but don't get carried away.... sure go to holland.

Old 06-17-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

yah have to spray from a distance.. but during race ur pit boy sure hit it direct into the motor not around the motor
Old 06-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Master

I have run two enduro races. One race was at the Tri-Clone, and the second at S&N Trackside. The winners of both events drove their cars just like a 5 min race, basically a sprint race. They were faster; our slightly slower strategy was no match for them. All said and done, just build the motor just like you would for a normal race. However as everyone has said, gearing is critical. I hope this little insight helps.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

back to the main topic

any motor will do just bare in mind that the ratio and bearing is the main / most important thing
Old 06-17-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Essnowyt
I have run two enduro races. One race was at the Tri-Clone, and the second at S&N Trackside. The winners of both events drove their cars just like a 5 min race, basically a sprint race. They were faster; our slightly slower strategy was no match for them. All said and done, just build the motor just like you would for a normal race. However as everyone has said, gearing is critical. I hope this little insight helps.
Would you happen to know what motors they were using??
Old 06-17-2004, 08:49 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Essnowyt
Consistency is the name of the game my friend.

Old 06-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

wounder if IFMAR organise endurance for EP sure more info. will be publish on mag. and see which EP driver are more consistant.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:54 PM
tornado

Originally posted by Entropy
Would you happen to know what motors they were using??
We use to bolt on 27T stockers armature in a modified can with bearing for optimum effciency and gear the motor to run for 'bout 10 minutes or so per 3300 packs. You can't go wrong. The rest of it is consistency and efficent pit stops.

If you have a chance ...check out the 24hrs enduro in the Europe. Learn a lot from them.

Old 06-17-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

if there is an endurance race i think i'll go for 8T with lighter ratio where i can achive 8 minutes for 3300
Old 06-17-2004, 09:00 PM
tornado

Originally posted by rcsabah
if there is an endurance race i think i'll go for 8T with lighter ratio where i can achive 8 minutes for 3300
Will this setup kill the motor ?

Old 06-17-2004, 09:07 PM
tornado

I've seen one boy burn his speedo using 8T. He ran for 'bout half an hour or so and his QC2 decided to give up. He lost 'bout 15 min. before heading to tracks again.

Old 06-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

More info more info!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.