Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
LOSI type R ? GOOD or BAD ??????? >

LOSI type R ? GOOD or BAD ???????

LOSI type R ? GOOD or BAD ???????

Old 08-30-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default LOSI type R ? GOOD or BAD ???????

I'm Looking for some input on the Losi type R touring car.
Is this design as good as it looks. It's all in the center of the CG.
Or is this car a total waste of time????? Please help me with making up my mind.
Thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by solospeedster
Or is this car a total waste of time????? Please help me with making up my mind.
Thanks
Check the Type-R thread and see for yourself. There are many fans of this kit, including myself.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks
This car is starting to resurface and is increasing in popularity as it is winning or close to P1 where ever it is taken. It is one of the easiest cars to work on and get a good setup onto and be competitive with. The company is very low key on this chassis, but parts support is awesome (www.horizonhobby.com). With the aftermarket layshaft and spool, its beating brand names it was beating years ago when it was the talk of the town. In my opinion the other brands keep tweaking, but none have caught up. The initial low weight and low CG make this car easy to balance and drive fast.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks
About a month ago I had the same question as my interest in TC started. I ended up choosing the Type R because it did not look like the standard designs available, I run Losi for 8th scale off-road and durability has been good, and most importantly the forum thread for the Type R has very good traffic with posts that have great information. Also after reading through the whole Type R thread, the owners had very few complaints.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No TC is perfect and all have their pros and cons. The biggest problem with this chassis is the rear diff has poor protection against dirt on bad tracks. However it works very well and I have had more success with this chassis then any other chassis I have played with. I just recently TQ'd and won a state title with it.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:06 AM
jrp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default R

Its a great car. I have been running one for a couple of years now. I only run on carpet, so the diff has never been an issue for me. The ONLY complaint I might have would be the steering blocks and "C" hubs are more tender then most the other popular cars. I wish they would switch to a composite similiar to XRay for the front end components.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrp
Its a great car. I have been running one for a couple of years now. I only run on carpet, so the diff has never been an issue for me. The ONLY complaint I might have would be the steering blocks and "C" hubs are more tender then most the other popular cars. I wish they would switch to a composite similiar to XRay for the front end components.
Its not hard at all to fit xray c-hubs.... I use kit and have no problems but I don't crash often either.