Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Building Touring car shocks

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Building Touring car shocks

I want to rebuild my Xray T2 009 shocks, Im going to replace the shock rubber o rings, should I use some AE green shock slime on the o rings. Ive never used this kind of stuff before and Im unsure if its worth using.
Also can some one explain what the difference is between all the different much more o rings, blue, yellow, 40, 30 etc etc which should I use
Old 08-30-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default you need this tool

when rebuilding shocks, any shocks, the key to having good working shocks is to remove all the air bubbles inside them during assembly. there is a tool here that helps you do the job better and quicker. http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54152 as for the slime green, people use them to help "seal" the shocks so they don't leak oil through the O-rings. perhaps the best O-rings are the clear ones made by Tamiya.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

I used to use green slime all the time, but now I just use a bit of shock oil. I also "screw" the shaft gently through the seals. Only takes a few seconds, and ensure they don't tear. I have never had leakage issues with Associated, Tamiya, or Hot Bodies shocks. It may be luck, but I prefer to think it's that I take my time
Old 08-30-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Initiate

This might help, even tough Jilles is building Tamiya shocks here.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
I want to rebuild my Xray T2 009 shocks, Im going to replace the shock rubber o rings, should I use some AE green shock slime on the o rings. Ive never used this kind of stuff before and Im unsure if its worth using.
Also can some one explain what the difference is between all the different much more o rings, blue, yellow, 40, 30 etc etc which should I use
I used some green slime and noticed that the bottom where the shock shaft comes out doesn't pack with dust anymore. What I did was got each o ring and spread lots of green slime onto them and build the shock.