R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Something to shake up On Road? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/429266-something-shake-up-road.html)

GP40X 08-26-2010 08:34 PM

Something to shake up On Road?

Was surfing and found THIS. Think it will shake things up? If they add more era appropriate bodies, do you think there may be a new class soon?

mist467 08-26-2010 08:39 PM

That is already a class and is called Vintage Trans Am

snoopyrc 08-26-2010 08:46 PM

No. It wont shake anything up. Or another way of looking at it is that it already has shaken things up. It already has become the next great class. This is just a low end HPI touring car with a long awaited Vintage Camaro shell. Go have a look at the VTA thread. They have been waiting for this shell for four months or more.

Another way of looking at it is that this is now the closest thing to a RTR VTA package car. All you need is this kit, a decent Lipo and the Novak Havok 25.5 combo. Then you are ready to rock.

skypilot 08-26-2010 08:48 PM

to explain further, Vintage Trans Am uses that Camaro body, the 66 Mustang body, a 70 Mustang body, some clubs also a vette body, mostly all made by Hpi, and parma,

youtube, google, or whatever, vintage trans am you'll get more info

edit: slight correction, that body is a 69, there is already a 68 version in use

GP40X 08-26-2010 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by mist467 (Post 7861076)
That is already a class and is called Vintage Trans Am

I know, I was being a smart @$$.

Originally Posted by snoopyrc (Post 7861098)
No. It wont shake anything up. Or another way of looking at it is that it already has shaken things up. It already has become the next great class. This is just a low end HPI touring car with a long awaited Vintage Camaro shell. Go have a look at the VTA thread. They have been waiting for this shell for four months or more.

Another way of looking at it is that this is now the closest thing to a RTR VTA package car. All you need is this kit, a decent Lipo and the Novak Havok 25.5 combo. Then you are ready to rock.

That's what I meant by "shake things up". Instead of having to buy a vehicle and chunk a bunch of stuff, all you have to do is get this car and add the required electronics. I would also chunk the RTR 27 band radio and add a 2.4Ghz. Looks like HPI is finally fully supporting VTA with an affordable option to get in (buying a Sprint 2 Flux and chunking the rebadged Castle Sidewinder/5700 combo really was not an option).

Originally Posted by skypilot (Post 7861108)
to explain further, Vintage Trans Am uses that Camaro body, the 66 Mustang body, a 70 Mustang body, some clubs also a vette body, mostly all made by Hpi, and parma,

youtube, google, or whatever, vintage trans am you'll get more info

edit: slight correction, that body is a 69, there is already a 68 version in use

I know. I am a poster to the VTA thread and am gathering parts for a couple of VTA cars (68 Camaro and 70 Cuda AAR). Trying to get the class started at my local track and this car may finally give a newbe a better option to get in instead of buying a used POS and getting discouraged because he has not learned how to repair and maintain an RC car yet (seen it happen before).