R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2004, 05:42 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
Send a message via Yahoo to salazar44
Smile convert stadium truck to street truck

Hey all. this is my first post!

I am interested in converting my old traxxas rustler into a street/road looking truck. i want to see if anyone can recommend where i would start.

1. currently the width is 12 1/4" from outside tire to outside tire.
Im thinking i need shorter / different arms and shocks?

2. obviously i need to buy the body (looking into a dodge ram or f-150, brand unknown)

3. i also will be buying street tires / rims to match.

can someone with experience guide me through this process?

thanks alot!

salazar44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:37 PM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default i can help

first, lower the truck as much as possible, that usually means taking out all shock spacers/threading all the way up. as long as the truck is low without dragging, you are fine. you can also call traxxas to see if the 4-tec suspension arms will work, not sure though. next, get some street tires, treaded for not clean surfaces, slicks for clean surfaces. or, if you got the dough, go for foam tires. sedan foams will work. engine wise, dont change mixture, maybe lean out VERY slighty since there is not alot of drag onroad. as for bodies, it doesnt matter as long as it looks rad. so go out and have some fun tearing up the streets! one thing too, the truck handles alot better on the street, so be carefull at first.
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 07:26 PM   #3
Tech Fanatic

That's right lower is better! if you cant get it low enough (5-10mm) cut the springs, use lighter weight shock oil, if you are electric gear it up, you dont need much torque anymore, couple teeth on pinion, also check your camber you can wear out a set of tires quick. check them after a run or two make sure they aren't wearing in a particular place on the tire if so adjust to compensate, remember you still have a slipper clutch! something a touring car doesent have, use it to keep that rear end hooked up, good luck with your project!.
Charlie O is offline   Reply With Quote