Wiki Posts
Search

rtr tc3 or?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default rtr tc3 or?

with the rtr tc3 what is the difference between the RC10TC3 besides the price
I can get the rtr for US$200 thats complete with radio set?

I can get RC10TC3 for $280? + atleast anther $200 to be on road!!
for that extra $280 would I b better to upgrade the rtr??

I want a semi competive car to start with!!!(but still a newbie but have a rappy50v2 so models arnt an issue with setup etc)

Old 06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

IS THIS Q THAT HARD TO ANSWER??
Old 06-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Get the RTR, put some sorex tires(36r's) on, a monster, or binary stock motor and go race, you dont need a Factory team kit, when you are starting out,
Old 06-14-2004, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Default RTR is OK

If you just want to get rolling ASAP the RTR TC3 is a good choice. There aren't many "performance" TCs out there that come in RTR versions. The RTR TC3 is pretty much the same same car as the team and factory team kits other than the "hop-ups" the former cars come with.
The RTR Tc3 is just as upgradeable as the kits cars and you can drive it just as fast as you can throw batteries in it. If you're serious about competing you will probably end up swapping out alot of parts from the RTR. The only down side is that if you upgrade the RTR it's knda like buying things twice. Like motors, esc, etc. So in the long run, a kit version with all the hop-ups you will eventually want might be a little cheaper. But the RTR is a cheap and easy way to get going NOW!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The RTR TC3 is a pretty good deal, and the build quality has been pretty good on most of the ones I have seen.

However, here are the faults I have with it (and their all with the eletronics)

The speedo SUX- no brakes and no power switch, if all you are gonna do is stock racing and maybe 19T get yourself an LRP IPC Sport esc, Tower has them for $60 it goes down to 14Turns!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRE96&P=0

Or IPC pro sport which has no motor limit for $95

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRE98&P=0

The second complaint is with the Radio- it has very little adjustments and they can easily be bumped out due to the sliders they use for the adjustments, I would suggest replacing it with a decent sport FM system, the controls and adjustability are well worth the little bit of money you will spend... I like the Airtronics MX-3 and you can get it at Tower for $100!!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXCHA8**&P=0

Or the Futaba 3pm which is $120, you need to buy a servo with this one, but you will eventually end up upgrading to a better one in the long run-- check it out

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXGAG2**&P=0

Just add a stock motor and your ready to pass anyone, at least your electronics won't be holding you back....

So figure for $200 more to the RTR you can get the preformance you would see with the FT kit and still have a little money left over..... Or get a TC3 racer kit and build it yourself and save $50 over the RTR......Trust me you would be lucky to sell the RTR electrics for $50........