R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   pitbull vs pulsar competition (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/42789-pitbull-vs-pulsar-competition.html)

hamba 06-14-2004 08:57 AM

pitbull vs pulsar competition

Im planning to buy one of these chargers. Which one of these chargers has good performance? What are bad and good things about this charger?

J-P 06-14-2004 01:26 PM

hey,

I use the lrp, its great i dont think you will go wrong with it, both are good but most of the guys i race with use the lrp. you can charge, discharge, motor run in, match and cycle the packs, set the levels for the options to how you want them ie:charge rate or run in voltage.

check out their websites as well, to compare their features hope my experience of the lrp helps you,

good luck

J-P:sneaky:

JDXray 06-14-2004 01:31 PM

Agreed with J-P

The LRP has way more features than the Pitbull.

Scott Fisher 06-14-2004 03:32 PM

I just got a good deal on my second pitbull, but if I had to buy new, I would get the LRP. More features.

prodrive 06-14-2004 07:26 PM

no bull charger

pitbull is a no bull charger. it gives good charging quality and its because its from competition electronics. it has no gimmick. if you compare to others of course it doesnt have many features, also it looks so ugly but i guarantee you will be satisfied. if money is no object. one thing it has annoying ring tones.

F1Junkie 06-14-2004 07:28 PM

I like the Pitbull for what it is - simple, and never had a problem with mine. I also got another one for cheap, so now I have two simple and reliable chargers!

Hope you make a good decision!

Dave

Darkseid 06-14-2004 07:48 PM

I'm new to the LRP, but I definitely like it.

Positives-
~its simple set up.
~The motor run in is sweet, no more lathe packs to charge.
~My favorite part is how quiet it is. You don't even know its running.
~No annoying tones, just a beep(every four seconds) to let you know its done.
~no loud fans constantly running
~The loss of input protection...basically, if the charger loses power while charging, it picks up right where it left off when power is restored (a feature I got to unintentionally test this weekend when I kicked my powersupply plug out) Plugged it back in, and it continued like nothing ever happened!
~Oh, and don't forget that lifetime warranty!;)

Negatives-
~10A fixed discharge...if its not at least 20A and/or adjustable, why even have it on there?
~Whats with the giant sized alligator clips on the charger leads? I mean these things are huge! They're hard to use with most connectors, like Corally style tubes, Sermos(red and black) connectors, and deans.

Still Bill 06-15-2004 07:01 AM

The new PitBull X3 is only a charger. It is a great companion to a GFX or other full-featured charger/discharger/run-in unit.

If this is going to be your only charger, get the pulsar comp.

hamba 06-15-2004 07:19 AM

thank you guys :)