Community
Wiki Posts
Search

75mph IGT2 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default 75mph IGT2 Corvette

I've got a kyosho IGT2 vette that I finally got fed up with the nitro system so I made my own conversion kit. The motor was a 1700kv (don't remember the name but "max" voltage was 3S) of which I had a 28T pinion. I decided to use only the 2nd gear (43T with the clutch shoes locked out) so the drive ratio was 1.54 (43/28). For bats, was using 2 packs in parrallel of 4S 3700mah that are mounted on custom made CF plates on both sides of the frame. For the ESC, was using an old 100A airplane ESC with fan mounted on it. This was basically a quick solution to see if I'd like the electric race car so please don't think I'm absolutely insane with the parts selection above

As to how she drove, well I absolutely LOVED the way she drove on the track (a local race track here in Fairfeild OH). She was definately faster and more fun than she'd been with both the stock .28 and a .21 motor. The problem came when I was trying to see the mah draw of a 15 min race. Around the 12 minute mark, the motor demagged (yes I knew this would eventually happen as the motor was only rated for 3S and I was running 4S).

So now I'm gonna order the proper electronics. I'm liking the 1/8 Mamba Max V3, Neu 1518 1Y 1800kv motor, 4S2P 7400mah bats, and a 30T metal pinion and the 43T 2nd gear.
Using one of the online calculators, this predicts ~ 68mph so not quite the top end I want. So now I'm thinking maybe I should go with 5S and a 28T spur gear which calculates to 79mph.
Anyone using this motor yet?
Old 08-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Post and follow/subscribe to this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-electric.html

You will have the 1/8th GT brains working for you on this thread.