Belt too tight?

Old 06-13-2004, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Belt too tight?

On my Tamiya belt car of choice when I roll it lightly on the ground the front wheels turn (one-way) but the rears don't...Does that mean the belt is too tight? If I push down a little while pushing forward it'll roll but if I roll it lightly....it woun't...

BTW: It is the 414M2...
Old 06-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no matter how loose the belt.. if u have a one way diff in it wont move the rear tires... rol it the oposite way so the one way bearing catches..

if the rear tires moved while rolling the one way then the one way would be shot...and sticking
Old 06-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

are the rear wheels touching the ground when you roll it along? if they are they should definitely be rolling and there is something wrong with the car if they're not... on the other hand if only the front wheels are touching, that's because of the one-way as burb said, but yeah if the rear wheels are touching as well that's not good... wouldn't be the belt too tight, something would have to be binding pretty heavily, without seeing the car i can't tell you much more than that
hope i helped
Old 06-14-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Also if you have a motor and pinion installed it won't let the rear wheels roll free.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Chill Will
Also if you have a motor and pinion installed it won't let the rear wheels roll free.
Motor & Pinion...All four wheels on the ground

Heh, I knew I shoulda rolled it the other way...