What can I do to bring it back?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Or do I just dump it in the trash?

Any help will be appriciated.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

You can try dead shorting.
Althought some people would disagree with it.
There is a thread regarding the matter above.
Try to do a search on it and read about it.
Properly done it might be able to bring it back to life.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Is your problem that the battery will not even start charging, becuase a friend mine had this happen when he left it deadshorted for too long. What you can do to kick-start it is if you have a charger with motor run-in hook it up to the battery and pump some voltage into it, then the battery should charge.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

No, the battery is charging, its just that when you run it on the car, I hold the throttle and it goes really slow, then it just dies out.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Like TC3er said , if it was truely brought down a zero of even deadshorted it can be stubborn to initialy charge and will be prone (on some chargers)to false peaking ...are you certain it diddnt false peak and you think it's fully charged? If its a side by side pack,(or you can some how get to it on a stick pack) test the voltage of each individual cell with a voltmeter when you fully charge it...it should show the problem
Old 06-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Yeah its a side by side pack. It was brought down to zero on a bulb discharger being left on there. The voltage when it peaks is around 8.7. I will test each cell with a voltmeter when charging.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default batt

i had the same problem man. i say just trash it. mine didnt run liek it use to after i got it back peaking. r u can use it as a practice pack.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default batt

i had the same problem man. i say just trash it. mine didnt run liek it use to after i got it back peaking. r u can use it as a practice pack.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joe B
Like TC3er said , if it was truely brought down a zero of even deadshorted it can be stubborn to initialy charge and will be prone (on some chargers)to false peaking ...are you certain it diddnt false peak and you think it's fully charged? If its a side by side pack,(or you can some how get to it on a stick pack) test the voltage of each individual cell with a voltmeter when you fully charge it...it should show the problem

Like Joe B said,

Check each cell and you will probably find the problem. Try charging it and during the charge monitor each cell, if one or two are bad then it will show that the voltage just climbs up faster than the other cells then you know what the problem is.
Remember, your pack is only as good as your worst cell in the pack.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

i had the same happen to me with my cousins brand new pack

i had forgoten it on the discharger and left the track to get sumthing to eat and cam back about 20-30 min later and realixed that i left it on there.

anyway. what i did was i took a fully charged pack( same Mah number) and hooked the pos to the neg and the neg to the pos for about 10-15 seconds no more than 30, and if the packs get warm disconet them. and it worked fine after that. and he hasnt had a problem with the pack at all. and i never told him about it. it will charge a little slow at first but it will pick up. i use intagy chargers or whatever they are called i use the 16x3 ones.and i charge at 5.25 Amps
Old 06-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default You didn't hurt it at all

What you did is dead short it. It will work fine, you may loose a little (15 sec) run time, but it will take a charge and work fine after a few cycles. Just charge it. If the charger stops and the pack isn't warm hit start again until the pack is warm. It will perform fine. Try it you'll like it.

I have dead shorted packs the same way. It does change the charictoristic of the pack, but it will return to its previous habbits after a few cycles. If you are going to throw it out, send me a PM. I'll pay shipping.

David Root
Old 06-14-2004, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

I deadshort almost every one of my packs,and have for a year, sometimes they sit as longh as 2 weeks while shorted......never once have they taken a few cycles to start working correctly...matter a fact some of the highest voltage discharges were when they sat for that time frame........but I guess anythings possible with a pack thats not used to that rutine
Old 06-14-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just put it through about 5 cycles and it will be as good as new.
Old 06-14-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Adept

If you or a friend have a charger like a Turbo 35 GFX, you can set it up to cycle the pack(charge and discharge) multiple times. It might bring the pack back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.