Wiki Posts
Search

carisma f14 evo f1 car

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default carisma f14 evo f1 car

anybody have one of these ? i just ordered one and i'm waiting for it to arrive and trying to get some users opinions about it...i have tried the micro thread but this area gets more traffic
Old 08-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Where did you order it from? Are you in the USA? The reason I ask is that car is unavailble in the USA as far as I know. Looks like a nice car. I had their older model F1, which wasn't bad, but came with crappy electronics that burned out all the time. I believe the new one that you ordered comes as a rolling chassis without electronics, right?

How much did you pay for it?
Old 08-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

yes i'm from the usa...with the faster shipping it came out to $130.00 usd...exchange rate sucks right now...it comes with only the servo...here's the link

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car...ne-Car__138bf/
Old 08-21-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Please post lots of pics when you get it, can't wait to see it!!

I have years of experience with F1 rc cars and I would suggest you use the latest technology and use a lipo battery pack and place it inline or long-ways on the chassis as opposed to across the chassis. The inline arrangement makes for better overall handling. Place your esc on one side and the reciever on the other on the wide section of the chassis. Again, I reccommend going with a mild brushless system; don't get too wild as F1 cars are very light and touchy and too much power is a very bad thing. I don't know if Carisma offers any electronics as an option for the EVO F1, but otherwise you could probably use 1/18 electronics. If possible and if your budget allows, stay away from brushed motors and NIMH or NICAD batteries; they are all on their way out and are becoming harder and harder to find. It just makes no sense to invest in technology that is outdated and on it's way out. Plus the brushless systems and the lipos work so much better and are easier to maintain once you learn them.

Do you have a group of guys who want to race F1 with you?

Anyway, have fun!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

no guys to race with, but once the guys at the hobby shop see it they may want one..it just looks like a cool car...as far as batteries/brushless i'm currently unemployed so i need to run with stuff that i have which means nimh cells and i have a trinity cobalt 18...the car only comes with the servo..they call the car an "arr"...as far as battery position goes in know guys that have had both the tamiya f103 and 104 and they always end up selling the 104,they say the 103 handles better...the main thing this car needs is a ball diff which i think it has as an option part
Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks nice
Old 08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I ran the Carisma F1 before, my store had few models few years ago. It definitely needs some upgrade to the power system and drivetrain. Stock tires didn't have much grip but good thing is there are some hop-ups available.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
I ran the Carisma F1 before, my store had few models few years ago. It definitely needs some upgrade to the power system and drivetrain. Stock tires didn't have much grip but good thing is there are some hop-ups available.
A few years ago?

This one is a new design, and it doesn't come with any drivetrain/electronics besides the servo. I'm not saying it won't need some fiddling but it's nothing like the K.B Toy store version you're remembering.

I really want to see how the O.P. feels about the car when he gets it together since Iv'e been eyeballin' these ever since Carisma showed the first pics of it.

B.t.w. what turn Cobalt you putting in it? I used to race a M18 with the 16t version, LRP Quantum Comp. ESC and it was pretty fast. I'd have to imagine the D.Drive F14 is gonna be pretty quick with that motor.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

The main reason that some feel that the F103 handles better than the F104 has nothing to do with battery placement; it has to do with front and rear track width. The F103 is a wider car than the F104 and therefore is usually a little more forgiving in the handling dept. The F104 if driven and set up properly can and will beat the F103, it has won some big races in a straight fight with F103's; it's just that some give up on it too easily. Having many years experience with rc F1 racing I stand by my conviction that placing the battery down the middle, inline is the way to go.

I understand your unemployment situation, I have the same problem at the moment. Hope you find something soon.
Old 08-24-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

so do i...i have a better chance of winning the lottery,getting struck by lightning and being hit by a train all in the same day than i do finding a job
Old 08-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

Absolutely. And to add to the problem, the employers out there that are hiring are fully aware of the job and unemployment situation and are taking full advantage of it by being cheap and paying less and demanding more because they know people are desperate. Very sad situation.

Anyway, back to the Carisma EVO F14; please post lots of pics after you get it. Can't wait to see it and hear from you how it performs.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Here's mine, i took it to a club night on tuesday to get a feel for it.
It has a losi exceloron 5000Kv setup in it and it's QQQQqqquuuiiiccckkk
and i'm using an annsman 1600mah lipo, i did have to cut a bit of the rear bulk head away to get the lipo in though.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Looks nice! Do you race on carpet or asphalt? How does it handle? I think Carisma is going to offer foam tires at some point which should improve the handling on carpet!
Old 08-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Tech Regular

I was getting a hell of a lot of grip roll, will need much firmer fronts and maybe superglue the front sidewalls up. Yes i was running on carpet. The tyres and inserts are really soft.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice to know the car has that much grip. Did you use traction additive?

How does the chassis ballance feel? Oversteer~understeer?

What do think about the kit supplied servo? Responsive?

Do any crash...I mean durability testing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.