Community
Wiki Posts
Search

carisma f14 evo f1 car

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jeff D.
Nice to know the car has that much grip. Did you use traction additive?

How does the chassis ballance feel? Oversteer~understeer?

What do think about the kit supplied servo? Responsive?

Do any crash...I mean durability testing?
I used it with and without additive and it was pretty good. I had my steering rate as low as 50%!!! I did have the car at kit ride height and it was grounding out quite a lot ( the chassis and front wing was coated ) will play with the ride height next tuesday.
Kit servo isn't bad but doesn't center quick enough and the servo saver is to weak !!! I will be using a savox servo when i can find a servo saver or horn that will fit. CRASH o yeh! front and rear wings are very flexy and give very good protection.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

hey stegger, would you know if the front and rear wings are dyeable ? i just got mine today
Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

The short answer is, i don't know fella. Got to say that front wing took a hell of a batering last night at the club I also used some schumacher diff grease in the diff gears too tighten the action up a bit
Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody else running these yet ?????????
Old 09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they do a dish wheel you can buy for the car, and although their are no foams available yet the Mardave foam tyres fit on perfectly
Old 09-14-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Fantastic little car, we have a few guys running them here at our club and indoors and outdoors they go great, bigest problem in the kit rear tyres balooning and making the car unstable, fitted with the option dish wheels and mardave foam tyres this problem is solved and the car is realy planted.
About a 5000kv motor seems right but we do have someone with a 8000kv fitted (mad).

Shame at the moment you dont have all the new Carisma range in the US as the company has realy got into the 1/14th race sceen, they have a 1/14th buggy coming here in October which the prototype has just won 2 big indoor meets here straight out, also to come is a 1/14th GT pan car based on the F1 but with a wider chassis and either a TC shell or a le mans style shell, this should be fantastic for indoor racing, this i beleave comes with foam tyres fitted.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

hey Bob,

what lipos fit the car?
also its a 380 sized motor isnt it?

thanks in advance
luke
Old 09-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Bob, you are making me so jealous! We are still hoping that Horizon will come through and carry more of the Carisma line, especially the F1 car and that new 1/14 pan car you mentioned. That would be so cool!

Please post any pictures you have of the F1 car and anything else that comes from Carisma.

Is Carisma going to have their own line of brushless motors and esc's for their cars by any chance, and if not, like Luke asked, is it a 380 size or the 280 that goes in most 1/18 cars? I don't know of anyone who makes a 380 size brushless motor though.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

LRP do a hard case micro LIPO that fits fine but at Bedworth we are at present trying Life cells, bit hard at the present as not many do a race life cell for the little cars (we have been useing recever packs ?) Maxamps in the US do one that fits for the traxas cars which we have been trying to get.
Any 1/18th brushless system should fit, Dynamite from Horizon do the Fuze which is a great system and i use the EZ system which is also very good (both fully programable) mention these 2 systems as they should both be available in the US, Carisma are doing there own system which i tested about 6 months ago to give them feedback which was very good, a basic system but worked great and should be cheep when it comes out.
Yes 380 size motor with a 2mm shaft, best range of pinions are from Associated for there 1/18th cars (from about 10t to 21t) also Dynamite now do 1/18th pinions for the Associated.
Only picture of the pan car is in this months Radio Race car mag under the CML banner, will try and get more.
Cant beleave Horizon in the states hasnt grabed the Carisma range ? as i said they realy have gone down the race route big time with great cars at great prices.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hi Bob ! Great to hear the Evo is doing well. I'm still planning on getting one and still very impressed with Carisma's new offerings.
I actually talked to the folks at Horizon and they were familiar with the new products and, supposedly, will be offering all of them. As for a time frame.....thats the big question. They made it sound as if it was Carisma's doing. Lord only knows but I sure hope the product line comes here at full strength. Some of us are really looking forward to it.
And yes, thats why I haven't purchased one from you yet ! With no distribution available here, there's no sense getting overly excited. Can you imagine how many indoor tracks might open if this scale were widely supported by distributors. Cheers, Dino
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Bob, I checked out Radio Race Car online, the October issue, and I could not find anything about that Carisma pan car. help me out with this, please!

Thank you
Old 09-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Its actually a CML advert for Carisma with the Buggy, MK2, F14 evo and Pancar so not 100% it would be online as its not actually an article.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Bob, is there anyway you can scan those pics and post them so we can see?

According to my contact at MA Toys, Horizon is planning on the USA getting the F14 EVO F1 car by Christmas; no plans at present for the GT14 unfortunately. I am going to contact Horizon myself to double check on this.

Bob, since you folks in the UK have the "jump" on us here on this side of the pond with regards to the F14 EVO F1, please keep us up-to-date with info and pictures and set-up info, etc.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sweet ride!I still have earlier F1 in my garage.I used it a few times,boxed it and forgot about it.Now , a few years later I'm involved with a fairly big group of guys racing 1/10 F1s.This kit would be a blast.Here in the states XTM makes a reasonable 380 size brushless system for under $100.00 bucks.It possibly make a good spec type system.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anybody noticed this lately ??
http://shop-carisma.com/default.aspx#images/banner.jpg

It keeps getting new content added. When I first noticed it almost none of the tabs or links worked. Then it went offline for awhile. Now it's back with more content.
This may have something to do with why Horizon isn't making any substantial progress. It'll be great if this happens !! No worries about Horizon dictating the success of the product line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.