Wiki Posts
Search

No 2011 Roar Electric Paved Nationals? Maybe

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default No 2011 Roar Electric Paved Nationals? Maybe

Crusing ROAR's website today (looking for past champion information for curiosities sake) and found this little tid bit of information..

Originally Posted by www.roarracing.org
To all interested in submitting a bid for a national event in 2011

Bids should be submitted to [email protected]

Please send via email a full bid to request consideration for Off Road Fuel Nationals, On Road Fuel Nationals, Off Road Electric 1/10th Scale Nationals, Off Road Electric 1/8th Scale Nationals, On Road Electric Carpet Nationals. The bid template can be found at the ROAR website, under the ‘forms’ selection. (On Road Electric Paved Nationals is under review. ROAR is unsure if this event will be offered in 2011. Bids will be accepted and potential hosts will be contacted.)
I was forced to skip this year, and disappointed I had to after how nice Reedy was at Norcal. I hope ROAR reconsiders this, since the 2010 carpet nats had way less entries then last weekends paved nats at norcal.

Discuss.

(Attached is a screen shot highlighting the subject)
Attached Thumbnails No 2011 Roar Electric Paved Nationals? Maybe-screen-shot-2010-08-09-3.42.24-pm.jpg  
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

waaay too many classes diluting

dump world gt

dump 17.5 12th

dump 17.5 "expert"

dump any carpet

just sportsmen

and Touring/12th MOD

when you win Sportsmen you run mod, simple and eliminates all the extra classes people invent because they think they can win something.

No sponsored person whould be running any 17.5 class: If you think you are fast enought to represent a company then run MOD don't beat some random 17.5 local and go woot I won

there is a reason there is NO 17.5 world champion, or carpet for that matter
Old 08-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL

dump world gt

dump 17.5 12th

dump 17.5 "expert"

dump any carpet

just sportsmen

and Touring/12th MOD

when you win Sportsmen you run mod, simple and eliminates all the extra classes people invent because they think they can win something.

No sponsored person whould be running any 17.5 class: If you think you are fast enought to represent a company then run MOD don't beat some random 17.5 local and go woot I won

quoted for emphasis.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

last I checked, Roar doesn't have a world champion in any class. or surface
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Keep the carpet.
Look at Europe, they now have an indoor carpet and outdoor paved euros.
But lessen the amount of classes for sure.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just remember all the racers that boycotted this years paved national.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I wouldn't dump WGT, but I do agree on sportsman and mod.

Sportsman TC
Open TC

Sportsman WGT
Open WGT

Sportsman 12th scale
Open 12th scale

I know there wasn't very many WGT entries, but it's a class I personally like the class and hope it survives.

Open is open
Sportsman is what ever rules seems to make sense at the time. After the nats this last weekend, 17.5 and no timing was a success.

IMO, win sportsman in any class, on road/off road/electric/nitro and you're out of sportsman.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Keep World GT as that is the only class I race now. Now if ROAR decides to drop this national I will drop my loyal membership (since 1980 #7540 and expires in Feb). Bring the outdoor race to the east coast- Florida.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Despite what it says I don't see this happening being that the Nationals are used to qualify drivers for the Worlds.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Keep the carpet.
Look at Europe, they now have an indoor carpet and outdoor paved euros.
But lessen the amount of classes for sure.
I am almost sure that both of those have only one class, MODIFIED! I have to agree with Jay in a lot of ways, drop the classes. 12th/Sedan modified paved will have the true NATIONAL champions. 12th/WGT/Sedan Modified carpet (GASP mod on carpet!?!?!) will again, show the true national champions. Look at the gas classes, they don't have slower/novice/sportsman classes at the ROAR gas nats. Biggest class in the country is 1/8th gas buggy!

If your trying to be national champion, why not go for the big gold?
Old 08-09-2010, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL

dump world gt

dump 17.5 12th

dump 17.5 "expert"

dump any carpet

just sportsmen

and Touring/12th MOD

Hey I agree 100%. What happened to simple Stock class and Mod class.

Stock=13.5 and above
Mod=10.5 and lower

13.5 too fast? run a 17.5

13.5 too slow but not ready for a 3.5? run a 9.5 in mod. Driving ability always always sorts out.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I have no insider news really, this is just my assumption and a reasonably educated guess; but considering the turnout of this years Paved Nats I think there will be another one next year. I have a feeling it might be in Florida or somewhere else on the East Coast. There were 100 racers in attendance accounting for 128 entries. While not horrible, this is a low count considering it was in California.

Paved on road seems to be suffering, its part of the overall decline of on road in general. At the moment it really seems like the only "big" pockets remaining are on the West and East coast. This presents another problem, if a National can only be attended by a region of racers it becomes a regional race. So if it only has success in California, or Florida, but tanks everywhere else it will lose its national ranking.

Originally Posted by jiml
Just remember all the racers that boycotted this years paved national.
It's one thing to not attend for a valid reason like time, money, and related factors. But if a racer boycotts an on road race in our current climate they are just pouring salt in the wound and telling the world that they want to further the demise of on road racing in the US. Part of the reason on road is suffering is from the poor sportsmanship some choose to partake in. Those people are trying to bring down what some of us are trying to keep alive.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

How many times can this be discussed?????
Old 08-09-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I am almost sure that both of those have only one class, MODIFIED! I have to agree with Jay in a lot of ways, drop the classes. 12th/Sedan modified paved will have the true NATIONAL champions. 12th/WGT/Sedan Modified carpet (GASP mod on carpet!?!?!) will again, show the true national champions. Look at the gas classes, they don't have slower/novice/sportsman classes at the ROAR gas nats. Biggest class in the country is 1/8th gas buggy!

If your trying to be national champion, why not go for the big gold?
Totally agree. The few times I decided to run a stock class at a big event it was very disappointing. But modified was awesome every time and it is much more rewarding to be able to say I was within a lap of some amazing drivers and beat a few then to say I placed 3rd in stock and beat 30 guys or so.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
last I checked, Roar doesn't have a world champion in any class. or surface
Didn't Ralph Burch just win the Nitro sedan World Championship a couple weeks ago??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.