Community
Wiki Posts
Search

battery charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default battery charger

want info on a good battery charger, needs to have 6cell charging, reciever pack charging, dumping, ac/dc power, well just to cut to the chase a good all around charger for both nitro and electric, and one that will last for a long time to come and i know that won't be cheap, so ready for the price but please try to keep the price down. thanks for your input
Old 06-08-2004, 01:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

are you looking for information on a good charger or are you simply looking to purchase one? if your looking for info, try the LRP Pulsar, look it up on the team associated web page.

if your looking to buy one, i suggest you post in the wanted to buy thread.

good luck and happy racing.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Look for: At least 6 amps charge rate, adjustable delta peak cut off, option of disabling trickle and adjustable charge rate. Also at least 20 amps discharge rate.

This Indy is a mid-range charger, which might be the one with most value for money. http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...26104483501.a0
Old 06-08-2004, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

Default eagle racing

eagle racing cdc is good. known as integy 16x5v6 in the us. 20 amps of discharging, up to 9 cycles, 4 easy to use charging profile, 10 preset memory, repeak delay, discharge delay, blue light lcd, cool titanium color casing, twin fan, and a lot more. boosting option for race is also cool.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: eagle racing

Originally posted by prodrive
eagle racing cdc is good. known as integy 16x5v6 in the us. 20 amps of discharging, up to 9 cycles, 4 easy to use charging profile, 10 preset memory, repeak delay, discharge delay, blue light lcd, cool titanium color casing, twin fan, and a lot more. boosting option for race is also cool.
I'll second this - I have one and is very satisfied. But the other one I suggested, got a built in PS, which keeps the price a little down.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Post LRP Pulsar Sport & Competition Chargers!

I have the LRP Pulsar Sport and the Competition and enjoy them very much. They are what you would call low budget I guess. It is pretty good considering The Sport is around $100.00 and the Competition around $165.00 depending on where you find them. You'll have to buy a SHE Power Supply to plug them in at home though. I ended up with 2 10 amp Eagle Racing SHE's powers from Integy. The She Powers range from $65.00 to $165.00. The 14 amp is what i would have purchased had I known I was getting both chargers. You could run two chargers on one 14 amp SHE power. The charger set up I have works great for me...... It is not what some of the real serious guys have, Mine deosn't even hold a candle to it. Put it this way...I have seen what they've got and have no expirience with some of that awesome equipment!!
Old 06-08-2004, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

If you can find one, a used Pro trak will go for around $250 ish.

Please check out the web site.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

You can find Turbo35's for around $225 to $250 used. It will charge nimhs and nicads, discharge at up to 35 amps, run a lathe and break in a motor. The only problem is that you'll need a seperate power supply.

Rob
Old 06-08-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Look for: At least 6 amps charge rate, adjustable delta peak cut off, option of disabling trickle and adjustable charge rate. Also at least 20 amps discharge rate.

This Indy is a mid-range charger, which might be the one with most value for money. http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...26104483501.a0
i thought you wanted at least a 4.5-5.0 amp charge rate and with regular use of Ni-MH batts, Delta Peak chargers (chargers that look for a voltage threshold to determine when the charge cycle is complete) are NOT good?
Old 06-08-2004, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JayBee
i thought you wanted at least a 4.5-5.0 amp charge rate and with regular use of Ni-MH batts, Delta Peak chargers (chargers that look for a voltage threshold to determine when the charge cycle is complete) are NOT good?
JB.
I think you got everything mixed up again.
Everyone would prefer a 6amp charge rate for stock races (some would use it during mod race too). It gives you tonnes of punch but sacrificing a little on run time.

Delta Peak is a must if you want to charge your cells safely.
All the leading chargers now use this to safely charge your cells.
Its the safest (maybe?) to charge all your cells that way.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by AdR|aN
JB.
I think you got everything mixed up again.
Everyone would prefer a 6amp charge rate for stock races (some would use it during mod race too). It gives you tonnes of punch but sacrificing a little on run time.

Delta Peak is a must if you want to charge your cells safely.
All the leading chargers now use this to safely charge your cells.
Its the safest (maybe?) to charge all your cells that way.
maybe that was discharge info
Old 06-10-2004, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Even if you purely race mod and charge at 5 amps; The next generations of cells, will have even higher capasities. And I'll bet they'll accept/need a higher charge rate than 5 amps. Looking back in history, charge rate has increased over time....