R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-14-2010, 05:16 PM   #151
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

for those who feel that 'the organizing body' is not at fault and rather blame it on the economy and increasing cost of onroad. Well...

after showing up to an offroad track where no other cars in my class showed up (2wd buggy---only SCTs showed up), i ventured over to a new carpet track where they were runnin 1/18 offroad and having a ball, the following day will be for 1/18 onroad guys along with 12 scales if they want. from then i heard that the local dirt oval track had a good race goin. interesting news considerin this indoor place usually is in down time for the summer. go there...

AND THE PARKING LOT IS FULL!!! Including around the corners of the man's property. More amazing is that 160 racers showed up to his place as a replacement venue for a nearby outdoor track that got washed out by rain real bad. A few racers also noted that this is usually a 'throwout' race in the Tour series.

Shall i said it again, 160 racers showed up for a 1day event at a rainout location on short notice.

Nationals, pfffft. These guys just wanna race and have hard and fast rules that if you dont like, well ur not racing i guess. and thats no fun...all about fun isnt it?

Like my signature from earlier this yr, doesnt any1 find it funny that 'the organizing body' wants to revamp dirt oval rules for 2010. Well the dirt oval guys do, seeing as they havent really cared what 'the organizing body' has said for 20yrs. They are doing quite well i might add, and this was just more proof.

And yes they still have a lotta classes. They also remember all the crud they used to take from other forms of RC for the # of classes they had. They'll give ya a smile and a wink now.
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:47 PM   #152
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod View Post
I think George Lin and I were the only ones that ran 17.5x and mod TC at the nats.
I did too...
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | 2mm Designs
artwork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #153
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I like how you gave me the LEFTOVERS of your suntan lotion Art. LMAO!!!
Pro Spec America/Apex RC - Team ORCA - Awesomatix USA - Roche RC USA - AVID - Sweep - Protoform - Pro-One RC - Slapmaster Tools - Hebiki Design Works - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers - Timezone Hobbies
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #154
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
I like how you gave me the LEFTOVERS of your suntan lotion Art. LMAO!!!
It obviously didn't work well. Your face was red the moment you got here...or was that A-Yo's videos that did that? LMAO! I told you not to sit in his lap...but noooooo. You have to find out for yourself.
Team Powers, SMC ( www.smc-racing.com the only place to order your batteries online.), Awesomatix, Gonzo Paints, BN Racing

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote