Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks with Elevation Changes

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Tracks with Elevation Changes

Are there any vids of tracks with elevation changes? I'm not talking the small 1/18th scale and smaller. I mean like 1/10th, 1/8th or 1/5 scale tracks. I'd love to see a track that mimics Laguna Seca and the famed Corkscrew. A long time ago I used to run onroad (now run offroad after recently getting back into the hobby) and a Parking Lot track that I used to run at, used a loading dock area so we'd get these really great elevation changes where the car would unload in some areas and really grip hard in others. I also ran at Revelation at the time (before they went offroad) and this Parking lot track was so much more fun simply because of the elevation changes. Anyway, I'd love to see some vids of tracks like this.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Are there any vids of tracks with elevation changes? I'm not talking the small 1/18th scale and smaller. I mean like 1/10th, 1/8th or 1/5 scale tracks. I'd love to see a track that mimics Laguna Seca and the famed Corkscrew. A long time ago I used to run onroad (now run offroad after recently getting back into the hobby) and a Parking Lot track that I used to run at, used a loading dock area so we'd get these really great elevation changes where the car would unload in some areas and really grip hard in others. I also ran at Revelation at the time (before they went offroad) and this Parking lot track was so much more fun simply because of the elevation changes. Anyway, I'd love to see some vids of tracks like this.
The closest one to the cork screw would be Mini Circuit Ville de Luxembourg

http://www.lmcc.lu/the_track/

Also the Jundiai Track in Sao Paulo held the nitro worlds was good also
Old 08-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

A good one from the UK was the Ashby track - I think it has closed down now.

There was quite a steep drop in the zig-zagging track in front of the rostrum, and the sweeper at the end of the straight was heavily banked.

Great little circuit, I wasn't even close to mastering it on my one visit there!

Here's a nice old video!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by sosidge; 08-09-2010 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Added video link
Old 08-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hugh Jazz
The closest one to the cork screw would be Mini Circuit Ville de Luxembourg

http://www.lmcc.lu/the_track/

Also the Jundiai Track in Sao Paulo held the nitro worlds was good also
thx, cool track, does have a pretty cool turn similar to the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

but i'd love to see a track that really has some fun elevation changes.