R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2002, 07:17 PM   #16
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was looking at buying another sedan recently and I read and asked some questions about both cars.
I found the X-ray to be the most appealing, but the cost and lack of parts availablity is why I didn't choose it. Its not that the price of the car isn't worth it, but its one the most expensive sedans on the market.
The xxxs seems like a really great car and for the me the parts availability is also good. But like other have mentioned before it comes with zero hop-ups, and to buy all the hop-ups would end up costing at least a few hundred dollars. These hop-ups like ti- turnbuckles, graphite stuff, thread shocks, etc already come on most other high end kits(ft tc3, MR4TCSp, X-ray) for much cheaper.
If you can get parts for both the Xray may be a better choice. I wouldn't consider the xxxs until Losi comes out with a special edtion kit like the Kinwald or Francis edtion with all the goodies included.
Erik R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 10:16 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

It sounds to me like I'd be better off getting the Xray. I'm liking the healthy amount of set-up involved and I don't have to upgrade the chassis or suspension. It is with out a doubt a case of the driver makes the car not the other way around. I'm still not 100% sure but I have a few weeks to decide. you guys are great, thaks for the post keep em commin if you got any more info!
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2002, 06:32 PM   #18
Tech Apprentice

I know this is a XXX-S vs Xray thread, but if you REALLY want the most bang for your buck the Factory Team TC3 is a great option while you wait for the Francis, Kinwald, whatever version of the XXX-S to come out. Bang for the buck and US shop support still really belong to the big 2 AE and Losi.
mushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 11:27 AM   #19
Tech Regular
Send a message via AIM to HYDRAMATIC99

I love my xray. It is kind of difficult to set up untill you get used to it. it isnt anywhere as hard to dial in as people beleive. Parts support is a big thing to consider, otherwise, go with whatever one you like the best.
HYDRAMATIC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 11:35 AM   #20
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

I have owned and raced both the XXX-S and the X-Ray.

I first bought the XXX-S and did very well with the car. I liked it a lot. I knew what changes to make to the car to make it do what I wanted it to do. I thought that it was the best car out there. THen I drove my Firends X-Ray and within 1 week sold my XXX-S and bought a X-Ray. Only Option I bought for it and use is the rear sway bar. I run better lap times and a lot smoother then the XXX-S. Parts are easy to get through Buster in Virginia. My X-Ray beats pretty easily the XXX-S without the Graphite and other options. Once a car has allt he graphite and the Low Roll Center equipment then the cars are pretty equal. I can fly with them down the straight but in the Corners I can usualyl beat them. My main problem is when it gets tight I usually choke and hit a wall. The Factory TC3 is the same way. I can fly with it down the straight but the TC3 for some reason can take me in the infield. Once the new Carpet Converison comes out for the X-Ray I don't think the TC3 will be able to do that anymore.

MIke Webb
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 05:21 PM   #21
Tech Initiate
Arrow mike_webb

Mike --
Thanks for the in depth reply, that helps a great deal!
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2002, 07:06 PM   #22
Regional Moderator

Don't know which one is better, but the best is still Yokomo (for me) LOL
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote