R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Mazda 6,stratus 2, Losi Alfa (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/42329-mazda-6-stratus-2-losi-alfa.html)

xray racer 06-08-2004 02:27 AM

Mazda 6,stratus 2, Losi Alfa

hey everyone,
im just after a quick... simple response to this question

im deciding which bodyshell to get, and i just wanted some feedback from you guys on the mentioned bodyshells(mazda6,stratus2,losialfa)

which ones you think are good...vs bad.... and what they do..

eg: ive heard the mazda 6 has aggressive turn in... and the losi alfa has a very smooth stable feel

i just wanted some of you guys to post what they do.. and whether you think it would be a wise move to buy either one

i run an xray also

thanx in advance
robbie lloyd

prodrive 06-08-2004 02:47 AM

be aggressive be be aggressive

it depends on how you drive. i like the aggressive set up from surikarn's south africa race for my trf 414m so mazda 6 is well suited for me, i am comfortable with the car when i cut corners and overtake opponents, as for my rival, stratus becomes loose and unstable when behind mazda 6, because the vaccum that is created. stratus is fast because it has less drag

ALEXSCHOFIELD 06-08-2004 02:53 AM

also depends what track realy. for alarge flowing trackyou wont realy be needing agrresive steering and a massive wing to create drag, but for indoor carpet tracks n stuff the mazda 6 is awsome i also like the losi alfa but i dont find it as aggresive as the mazda 6. as for the stratus 2 id say its a different style of shell - not designed for maximum downforce

cheers Al :nod:

aviaar 06-08-2004 04:57 AM

But in the end, is the body really that important? To me, the Startus 2.0 and the Mazda6 look almost identical, and pretty much every alfa is the same. Even if they didn't look the same, there's a 96% chance you couldn't tell the difference between them because anything they might change for your handling can easily re overruled by a change in the suspension. So I'd go with the body that looks the best to you, and go from there.

prodrive 06-08-2004 07:20 AM

it does the body good

actually it does matter, 25% of your set up is your body. the body height, wing down force, ride height, these things matter. to make the most of your set up be as competitive as other cars

brians11 06-08-2004 07:36 AM

I agree on body making a difference, running mod sedan, i lost a body pin and the body got pushed up about a 1/4" on one side and the car wouldnt turn at all in the sweeper...

The Black Kat 06-08-2004 07:46 AM

Re: be aggressive be be aggressive

Originally posted by prodrive
stratus becomes loose and unstable when behind mazda 6
1) Thats how it always feels
2) Thats why its always behind a Mazda6 :lol:

Personally on TC3, the car feels better with no body at all than the Strat...When I tired it on the Evo it felt a little better. I still wouldn't use a Stratus again unless I got it for free.

I like the Protoform MG...feels stable and has a good amount of downforce

OVA 06-08-2004 08:35 AM

I like the Proform MG is very stable and the alpha have much more greater down force and is great for the car that push into the corner

hamba 06-08-2004 09:17 AM

i like mazda 6 is good on cornering specially on technical track

prodrive 06-08-2004 09:22 AM

surikarn dodge

i am curious what brand is surikarn's stratus body. is it protoform or andy's or yokomo's?? especially the team peak racing version. yesterd ay i got surikarn to sign my stratus body that i painted exactly like his trf414 and he said "hey thats my color!!!" so i said its for my collection just for display. heheheh
btw i only use mazda 6....

Korey Harbke 06-08-2004 02:52 PM

It looks like one of the Ride Stratus bodies. Not sure if it;s the MK II or the MK III.

I use the Stratus 2, mazda 6, alfa 2 and losi alfa. I feel the stratus is a very good body. I will usually start with it because it is very neutral and a good starting point. Then if I want more overal downforce I go to a protoform alfa 2.0. If I want a little more more steering after that I go to the Losi alfa. Then if I want lots of downforce and aggressive turn in, I go with the mazda 6. Hope this helps ya out some.

-Sushi Boy

Scott Fisher 06-08-2004 04:12 PM

I like the Parma Alfa better for carpet racing on my TC3. After that, the Proto Alfa 2.0 The Mazda was too loose for my taste.

Korey Harbke 06-08-2004 05:08 PM

Yeah, from what I hear it has a very smooth and conservative front end which makes it really nice for foams on carpet. :D

-Sushi Boy

Dave Bowser 06-09-2004 01:52 AM

i would go with the Losi Alfa

racer 06-09-2004 04:43 AM

has anyone tried HPI's aero 2 stratus and would like to comment on the performance compared to the Mazada 6?

Thanks