R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-08-2004, 08:11 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

You left out the excelllent traction we have also.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:18 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post another pic

here's another pic of the super-e with the F-150 body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg super truck #6 800x600.jpg (101.2 KB, 475 views)
BatMan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:45 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Super "E", Super Grip!

Oh yeah, and by the way we have excellent high grip surface too!
Right Mikey??
Old 06-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Post Fireball/Blueball Racing Components!

To anyone who has a Super "E" or a TC3, we have a friend of ours who is part owner in a machine shop who is making us custom made components for our race cars and plans to begin testing some more new parts in the next week. We have tested already and are testing more this Saturday. He has made some heat sink motor plates that cool the brushless system significantly. He is also making a hop up brace on the opposite side. It is going to be about $30.00 for both of these pieces. He is also making some parts for the TC3 as well. The TC3 parts are; a battery strap with small heat sinks, an aluminum rear bumper and the heat sink motor mount. We will post pictures on here as soon as we can. We are all "Beta" testing for him to make sure they handle race conditions well....of which they already have done well so far. They are good lightweight strong parts and the completed parts will be a line of Red (Fireball) and Blue (Blueball) anodized sets. Let us know if you are interested as they will be quite a bit cheaper than most of it's predecessors!
Old 06-11-2004, 01:25 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Post This Saturdays Race!

For those that can make it, this Saturdays is the qualifying race for the No-Bull shootout which will be held during the events on Sunday of the Weekend Tournament on July 10th & 11th 2004.

The No-Bull race features a rolling start and is a shootout to the finish in 10 laps. It is pretty exciting to see the race decided in a matter of a few minutes. In most cases, it will be 5 cars and in the past has had a full field of 10 competing. Turnout this weekend will determine what amount will be set for the starting grid of the No-Bull races.

Team Associated will be sponsoring this part of the Weekend Tournament event for the 3rd consecutive year and there will be prize packs for the winners....Special thanks to Garry Owen of Team Associated.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:22 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Default i love my super-e

I have only been racing for two years now but i love my super RS4. I have driven a nitro tc3, rc10 gt, super nitro <<<< all for sale if your interested<<<< an electric tc3 with rally kit, and an f-1 car. Above all of them is the super-e with a brushless. The car is tuff, no maintaining it at all. easy to set up and room to work on it. The chassis has alot of flex in it but it does not cause ill driving effects.
RADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2004, 02:36 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Default Re: i love my super-e

Quote:
Originally posted by RADIO
I have only been racing for two years now but i love my super RS4. Above all of them is the super-e with a brushless. The car is tuff, no maintaining it at all. easy to set up and room to work on it. The chassis has alot of flex in it but it does not cause ill driving effects.
I agree RADIO...with the exception of our Stadium Trucks, the Brushless Super "E" is just an awesome car. It is not that good without the brushless, in fact, it was very frustrating going through motor brushes and burning them up all the time, Now that the gear ration relavent to the thermal cutoff is figured out (within a few teeth now) it is a very fun and competitive car to drive! I recommend this set-up to anyone......
Old 06-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Why are you 'burning' brushed motors?.. Are you trying to gear them to perform (speed and punch) the same as a 1/10 scale chassis would?..

just curious...
Old 06-12-2004, 11:01 PM   #39
Tech Initiate

Default silvercup captain gear log, racedate 6-12-04

Only one not to have thermal shut down out of 4 cars. Gearing is 90/29. Final gear ratio 8.07 motor rotations to 1 tire rotation. Air temp 75 to 60 F. Ran 33R tires w/soft pro insert strips, and 23R tires with low bounce inserts. Posable reasons for no shut down. Spent time on lid of car waiting for corner workers. Only driver to run HPI alum. motor mount plate, other racers used another custom made alum plate. Running no front bumper, might have created more air flow. Other racer also ran no front bumper and still had thermo shut down. Other possable reason might be only one running a 90 tooth sper gear might result in less gear mesh friction. Other racers ran final gear ratio's closer to 8.3 to 8.5. I also have no slop in stearing assembly, which may have deacreased tire friction. Also only one to run porsche body. Ideas to try. (1) run no foam bumper. (2) cut out more rear bumper of car to allow more air to flow. (3) cut larger wheel holes in body. (4) ---- insert your own idea here\/ \/ \/ \/
RADIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 01:19 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Post gearing

well i was running a 87/26 and i thermaled at about 4.5-5 minutes.i tried to go with a 85/26 and thermaled at about 3.5-4 minutes.im thinkin we need to gear these suckers at a pretty high gear ratio to keep the heat down.just like novak said we need to be in the high 8's to the high 9's.i am going to try some different ratio's at the track next week.if anyone has any suggestions for us that would help keep the heat down it would be much appreciated.the ratio for the car is 2.60(15 tooth small pulley and 39 tooth diff).
Old 06-13-2004, 09:54 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Has anyone tried to get the HPI electric 2-speed to work in the newer designed car?
ECHOLogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:46 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Post HPI 2 speed

Quote:
Originally posted by ECHOLogic
Has anyone tried to get the HPI electric 2-speed to work in the newer designed car?
I have one but I have not put it to use yet in this car. I'm sure with a little money thrown in it's direction it would probably be just fine.
Old 06-14-2004, 12:46 AM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Post 2 speed

i haven tried it but one of the guys running has one and i dont think he has tried it either.i dont know if that would solve the problem we are having but i guess it would be worth a shot.an expensive one at that.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:04 PM   #44
Tech Elite

Wink Ancient Chinese Secret!!

Thermaling may be an issue during the first part of the event this Saturday. I hope it won't be by the time the main is underway....the cool temperatures will hopefully help that issue either way. The roll out on the gearing I am going with will hopefully work now. I am afraid for some my gearing will remain Ancient Chinese secret!
Old 06-14-2004, 05:23 PM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default Re: Ancient Chinese Secret!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cup
Thermaling may be an issue during the first part of the event this Saturday. I hope it won't be by the time the main is underway....the cool temperatures will hopefully help that issue either way. The roll out on the gearing I am going with will hopefully work now. I am afraid for some my gearing will remain Ancient Chinese secret!
OH PLEASE I know your secret . To anyone paying attention its a 15/87 he tested it out yesterday. and it worked great