Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

HPI Super Electric RS4's W/Brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Default KR timing

Here are the timing settings for a KR. Suggested to run them between 12 to 15 degrees. Brush breakin at 5 degrees at 1 to 2 volts.
Attached Thumbnails HPI Super Electric RS4's W/Brushless system-timing-settings.jpg  
Old 08-18-2004, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Da Motor Man

Right on Allen, You getting to be the motor man!! I hope those motors work good for you. We'll talk to you when I get back.
Old 08-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Talking R&D Q&A

Allen, Back from vacation.....how'd the R&D go?? Was the turnout ok at Hobbytown??
Old 08-23-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: R&D Q&A

Originally posted by Silver Cup
Allen, Back from vacation.....how'd the R&D go?? Was the turnout ok at Hobbytown??
I didn't get to do as much R&D as I would have liked to. The turn out wasn't as great so the rounds went pretty fast. We did have 10 trucks though which was pretty fun. But the rain got us before the mains. But here is what I found out the Ti motor seems to be the strongest of the 2. Even on my dyno the Ti had more RPM's and a little bit more torque.

What was suggested to me was is run the Ti first figure out the proper gearing then put in the KR and gear down 1 or 2 teeth or gear the KR like it is a 8 or 9 turn because of the bigger comm and check your lap times. Most likely the Ti motor will come out head. I am racing this Wednesday so I will have more time to play around with it.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Ti Torque

So it looks like the Ti will be the one to use huh?? I really like that motor in my truck.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Ti Torque

So it looks like the Ti will be the one to use huh?? I really like that motor in my truck.
Yeah I think the Ti might be the ticket. I will try it out more on Wednesday.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Post A/E REEDY Ti Motors

Allen, Let me know if you need any help with the motors. I am hoping to get ahold of Garry Owen at Team Associated on the cost of the REEDY Ti motors for our Super Stock Division. We should be able to get a group rate if we use their motors.

Last edited by Silver Cup; 08-25-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Hey Ben,

Both motors have been rebuilt. Cut the comm and put new brushes in them. Boy that Ti motor was dirty. Now I know why the Ti motors was so much faster than the Kr. I bet you will never guess? Did you want them before Saturday?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Talking NASTY!!!

Yeah, I need to get the motor in and get my GT7 set-up. Will you be up this way tomorrow?? If not I can try to make it down there by Friday. Let me know if your coming up this way. You like the Ti alot better?? Yeah, I never had a chance to clean out the Ti after the last race day. I took it out of the truck and gave it to you to take and try. Sorry it was so dirty.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Cetificate of Authenticity

How much faster do you think the Ti is compared to the Kr?? Do you think it would still be fast enough for Mikey to run against us in his car?? That may be a good test to see how much different it really is, especially if we are running the same gear ratio's. I am sure Mikey will be game for it.
Old 08-26-2004, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: NASTY!!!

Yeah, I need to get the motor in and get my GT7 set-up. Will you be up this way tomorrow?? If not I can try to make it down there by Friday. Let me know if your coming up this way. You like the Ti alot better?? Yeah, I never had a chance to clean out the Ti after the last race day. I took it out of the truck and gave it to you to take and try. Sorry it was so dirty.
Yeah I like the Ti a lot better because it is a 9 TURN DOUBLE. No wonder this motor is faster than your Kr. Hey it is no big deal that it was dirty
Old 08-26-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

So you are not planning to run this Ti are you? Can you come and grab the motor it will be a little hard for me to come up there this week. You probably won't want to do this but I will be at Raincity today from 1 to 4 practicing you can grab it then.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Well cancel Raincity I probably won't be there until tomorrow. I can try to bring it by today but not sure if I can or not. Can't commit to anything because I have to work by everyone else's schedule.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Talking Re: NASTY!!!

Originally posted by Number 11
Yeah I like the Ti a lot better because it is a 9 TURN DOUBLE. No wonder this motor is faster than your Kr. Hey it is no big deal that it was dirty
Your kidding right?
We got a batch of motors from REEDY last year and the cans were marked 12x2 but they were really 10x2 so it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Talking Growing Pains

Originally posted by Number 11
Well cancel Raincity I probably won't be there until tomorrow. I can try to bring it by today but not sure if I can or not. Can't commit to anything because I have to work by everyone else's schedule.
I can load up Cameron and come down to your place no problem.....Just let me know when a good time is. Cameron naps at 2:30. The last two days he has been sleeping from 2:30-5:00, must be a growth spurt, huh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.