Belt Vs Shaft drive in 540 stock. . . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Belt Vs Shaft drive in 540 stock. . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

it doesnt matter wheather its a 540 silver can,27turn stock,23turn stock,19turn super stock,12turn limit mod,no limit mod.
a car isnt gonna accelerate any faster cuase its got a slow or fast motor.
the transmsmmision is only gonna turn as fast as the motor that is in it.
if as i presume your running 540 stock then a yokomo,tamiya,hpi,x-ray etc are all gonna accelerate about the same.
and if they dont then its upto you to tune the transmission so it does.
you really think your gona get a answere here then you buy it build it and then your gonna be any faster then anyone else with the same motor?No.
just buy what you like prepare and build the transmission as good as you can.
no 1 cars gonna give you a massive advantage in acceleration otherwise we wud all buy it.
so now because there all good be buy what WE think is the best for us.
You gotta go out and experiment with different cars.
my first care was a tamiya and now 7 years on i still race tamiya and never driven another car make.
i have trust in that tamiya are gona bring out a car thats gonna be as good as there capabillitys will allow.
and all makes are like that.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Merciless
Oh PLEASE

Still waiting for a sensible mod. to shut down all these duff threads
So just move along and don't read the thread if it bothers you that much.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cool you jets TRF Racer. You of all people should know that certain cars will run better on a 540 than others. If you have always driven a tamiya and have been racing for 7 years then you know that putting a TA-03 up against a TC3 with a can .05 is no real comparison. The two cars were out at about the same point in time, yet the TC3 will run longer and slightly faster than a TA-03 because it is a ton more efficient. To this day shaft drive cars will have a slightly higher top end when used with less powerful motors. If you have never driven another companies car, how can you say anything about the differences? Give Mabuchi540 a break here. He is just trying to not waste as much money as the rest of us have. If you don't agree, don't read his posts!!!
Old 06-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

I have been racing in the 540 class (or TCS GT3) class for 3 years now. To be fast, it is easily one of the most expensive classes that I race. I completely agree with kufman. 540 is a quite different animal from other motors.
Old 06-09-2004, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kufman
Cool you jets TRF Racer. You of all people should know that certain cars will run better on a 540 than others. If you have always driven a tamiya and have been racing for 7 years then you know that putting a TA-03 up against a TC3 with a can .05 is no real comparison. The two cars were out at about the same point in time, yet the TC3 will run longer and slightly faster than a TA-03 because it is a ton more efficient. To this day shaft drive cars will have a slightly higher top end when used with less powerful motors. If you have never driven another companies car, how can you say anything about the differences? Give Mabuchi540 a break here. He is just trying to not waste as much money as the rest of us have. If you don't agree, don't read his posts!!!
this is a hobby, much like LIFE, you're bound to make mistakes when purchasing stuff. how will you know what to do and not to do if you're can't learn from your previous mistakes. only a few RC purchases out there warrant to be called "buy-of-the-century".dont know what they are, but if you were to ask that question here, you'd still get multiple products listed.

Even if you buy the perfect car with just the right stuff and equipment and it takes you 10000 posts to complie your list, you'll have to start all over a few months later because by then, the "better version " off all your purchases will be released.

We read Mabuchi540's threads because we're trying to help him, to the point of insults flying left and right. IT JUST TAKES HIM SOOOOO LONG TO MAKE UP HIS MIND, and the moment he does, he starts another thread just so to stir up an old topic. But hey, this aint my system!!!
Old 06-09-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Just buy a car and get it over with and go race it's not that hard
Old 06-10-2004, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kufman
lol.your comparing cars of diiferent era's.
of course a TC3 is gonna be better then a ta03.
i was comparing cars of this era,PRO4,TRF415,X-ray fk etc.
y would i compare a ten year old car with an up to date one?
so you think that theres gonna be an obviouse advantage in drivetrain effeciancy bt the pro4,415 and x-ray,tc3?
of course not.
and thats the point iam making.
all this belt vs sd is bull.
is a tlo1 gonna compete against a 415?ones belt ones sd.
bt in all this transmission vs transmission topics youl only have an advantage if the suspension geometery is the same and weight ditribution is the same and there not.
so you cannot compare one to the other.
a 415 has higher cornering speed then the tlo1 so it wud be faster out of corners.
all iam saying is that its not just as black and white as some people make out,and if theres an obviouse choice every1 will run it.bt theres not thats why there are so many manufacturers and all their products are as good as there capabillitys and technology will allow.this means that each car is very close on the track.