Wiki Posts
Search

Rear toe for carpet touring!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Rear toe for carpet touring!?!

How much rear toe in/out do you all run? I just started touring car racing with my tc4 and it has a -2.0 rear toe block so I'm guessing that that means it has -2 degrees of toe. Right?
Old 07-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Regional Moderator

Depending on personal preference, most people run between 1.0 and 3.0 degrees of rear toe in. Not too familiar with the TC4, but usually -2.0 degrees refers to 2 degrees of negative camber (top of tire leaned in 2.0 degrees).

People just refer to either toe in or toe out. You run toe in in the rear, and no toe to slight toe out in the front.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

TC4 on rubber tires? I would recommend either the 2.5 or 3 degree block. If this is for VTA start with one degree of camber in the rear, 2 degrees on the wider VTA tires can be a bit much.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Yea, just watch your tire wear, the rears should wear just slightly inward. Most of the time 2 degrees camber is too much for VTA tires. Now regular TC rubbers or RCGT tires both of which are more narrow 2 degrees camber is a great place to start.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would run anything from 2-3 degrees for rubber tire racing. I don't know about VTA tires though. Look in your manual or on AE's web site for your manual if you don't have one for what the numbers mean. On my TC3, if I remember right, the numbers on the back carrier along with the numbers on the front carrier (for your inboard rear hinge pin) added to make your rear toe.