Best RC car magazine?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best RC car magazine?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

RC Driver is less advertisement in the articles and seems to have a good cross section of stuff. I do think that since Bob Hastings has left, there is a noticeable difference in the magazine. It seems less polished.

The latest issue of RC Car Action makes me want to throw up. They are very non-biased on any product that is reviewed. Everything is just great and wonderful. I hate when mags stoop to being all ad and no criticism. They on the other hand cover many products in some way so you get a good amount of info on products that are being released. Just note, nothing they review is crap.

I subscribe to both of these. I felt like the other mags were a total waste of paper as content was not of good quality.

BB
Old 07-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ioxqq
How about Xtreme RC? I think this is the best. Isn' it?
+1
Old 07-30-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDX-Spike
+1
++1 FOR ENTERTAINMENT. For info this forum is hard to beat
Old 07-31-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Seems to me the sooner we stop milling trees for newspapers,books and magazines the better.

Boycott print media and let the industry die.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Screw that! I love having a printed magazine for those long dumps.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

sim600, I appreciate that you took the time to read the magazine instead of automatically discounting it as a bound collection of ads and articles written to sound like ads.

Advertising contract or not, manufacturers understand that sending a product to us for review earns them nothing more than a fair shake and an objective review. We've been yelled at for it, and we've been praised for it. But if you can't trust our reviews, how can you trust our advice?

By the way, there has been an on-going discussion about this topic in the Electric Off-Road forum, with our head editor chiming in to squash many of the misconceptions expressed in this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-magazine.html

Stephen's contact information is available on the other thread, and here's mine: [email protected]
Old 08-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

+1
Don't want to bring the laptop in the throne room

Originally Posted by Timbulb
Old 08-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
sim600, I appreciate that you took the time to read the magazine instead of automatically discounting it as a bound collection of ads and articles written to sound like ads.

Advertising contract or not, manufacturers understand that sending a product to us for review earns them nothing more than a fair shake and an objective review. We've been yelled at for it, and we've been praised for it. But if you can't trust our reviews, how can you trust our advice?

By the way, there has been an on-going discussion about this topic in the Electric Off-Road forum, with our head editor chiming in to squash many of the misconceptions expressed in this thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-magazine.html

Stephen's contact information is available on the other thread, and here's mine: [email protected]
+1, Aaron.

By the way, my answer is a tie between R/C Car, XRC, and RC Driver
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtfour93
RC WORLD is the best! It's too bad that it's in Japanese text, but it covers alot of on-road stuff.
Could not agree more on this. Even though it is in Japanese(pictures tells a thousand words)

Product info wise....they are way way ahead. You see it in the mag today, you find it on the market tomorrow. Other mags is you find the product in the shop today and you will see the review in the next months issue.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I order RC Car Action for myself. Because it sucks BIG time, I subscribe only this ONE magazine.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

all a waste of money.
Reviews tell you nothing your couldnt see off the manufacturers website.
'tips' are usually just to obvious

all adds & glossy pic's
Old 08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

1101 - You're exactly the kind of person that we write our magazine for.

It's RC'ers like you that motivate us to test our cars and products for hours after the photo shoot, and why we talk to pro racers and company representatives to bring you tips and how-to's that you want to read.

I'm confident that you'll be surprised by what we bring to the table (your coffee table, perhaps?). E-mail me your mailing address and I will send you a free copy of RC Car.

And that offer goes for anyone. You can reach me at my office at [email protected]
Old 08-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
1101 - You're exactly the kind of person that we write our magazine for.

It's RC'ers like you that motivate us to test our cars and products for hours after the photo shoot, and why we talk to pro racers and company representatives to bring you tips and how-to's that you want to read.

I'm confident that you'll be surprised by what we bring to the table (your coffee table, perhaps?). E-mail me your mailing address and I will send you a free copy of RC Car.

And that offer goes for anyone. You can reach me at my office at [email protected]
I subscribe to R/C Car on virtual magazine, but i think it was wrong to change from Zinio to Nxtbook Media. I liked better to download it and have it on file on pc so i could read it when i had no internet like on travel or something. By the way, really liked your FF03Pro review! R/C Car is one of the better magazines. Only thing i miss is painting tips and how to's on painting..... (Hint hint..)
Old 08-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

I rather sit on the throne with any r/c mag like Xtreme RC, RC Driver or RC Car Action than look through forums with my laptop or blackberry. But out of the three I subscribe to, Xtreme RC is my favorite with RC Car Action my least.

and the digital versions are worthless!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbulb
BAHAHAHAHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.