R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Wet weather set ups (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/42085-wet-weather-set-ups.html)

ratter 06-05-2004 02:59 AM

Wet weather set ups

What do you guys change if the track is damp and cold in your set ups for your on road touring cars running rubber tyres?

I have a setup on my mission which I'm happy with on a dry track and using take off 22's, but just didn't know whether to give it more camber or softer shocks, disconnect sway bars etc etc

is there a better tyre for wet/damp conditions?

any help appreciated

Mabuchi540 06-05-2004 03:04 AM

Personally.....

when I was racing off-road (same applies on-road I'm sure)...when it's wet my set up used to be stay in the van and drink coffee until it stops raining and the track drys out either that or go home. :lol:

But seriously even in this day and age I wouldn't risk any electronics in the wet.

Actually now I think about it I did race in the wet once and all I did was turn down the throttle responce on the transmitter, seemed to work fine eh.

ratter 06-05-2004 03:08 AM

Gotta agree with that, but unfortuantly not the answer i need, they still raced so i can't afford to drop the points by sitting out

:D

Mabuchi540 06-05-2004 03:10 AM

Originally posted by ratter
Gotta agree with that, but unfortuantly not the answer i need, they still raced so i can't afford to drop the points by sitting out

:D

Actually you might have posted while I ammended my first post, I just turned down the throttle responce/sensitivity on the transmitter.

trf racer 06-05-2004 10:16 AM

when racing in the wet you need a softer suspension.
i.e softer springs/shock oil,lower the roll center,disconnect anti-roll bars etc.

J-P 06-05-2004 12:44 PM

hey,

over here in the uk we get plenty of wet races!!! again i would not recomend running whilst wet but sometimes you have to. i run a TC3 and all i change is the tyres to pit shmitsu D20 (21mm) not sure on the spelling of the make(sorry)

hope this helps!!

J-P:sneaky:

Hardriven RC 06-05-2004 02:56 PM

Basicly all you can do is what TRF racer is saying. What i do on top of that is clean the tires after each run with brakecleaner and wipe them off immediatly. DO NOT USE TRACTION ADDITIVES!

Regards

ovalnator 06-05-2004 04:39 PM

and dont forget to cover your electronics!

Wency_TA03R-PRO 06-05-2004 10:01 PM

And make it sealed all the time wehn you race in wet tracks.. Electronic parts are still expensive if you just let the moisture ruin it.. happy racing bro..

The Black Kat 06-05-2004 10:14 PM

Turn down the dual-rate

fatdoggy 06-05-2004 10:31 PM

The Black Kat - It depends on what kind of setup you run, you may have to either increase of decrease dual rates depending on whether you loose traction on the front or rear first. But that's pretty much stuff that HAS to be adjust at the track, it's so easy to adjust it's not really even a factor.

trf racer 06-06-2004 03:58 AM

of course waterproofing is important as well.
as is cleaning after races.
remember to strip the car down after the meating otherwise everything will go rusty also it can damage bearings so clean the asap and re-lube.