R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-28-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Bad ebay seller (rcdamper) for Tamiya chassis upgrades

Hey everyone,

I have never done this before, but this ebay seller was so rude about my situation I feel the need to warn you guys. If you are looking to purchase Tamiya chassis upgrades for your drifter, mini, or any other Tamiya on-road chassis, do not order parts from rcdamper. I ordered a set of universal shafts and aluminum turnbuckles for my TL01 chassis, and neither product fit/worked properly without major modification and extra costs. The turnbuckles were all a lot too long, and the universal shafts are about 3mm too long. When I went to use the universals, they substantially limit the compression travel of the suspension. They won't even fit at all unless you remove the inside o-ring from the drive cup. I needed to spend another 12 bucks on new 3mm wide inside hub bearings to get these shafts to work almost properly. Anyways, I requested a 50% refund for my issues and efforts, provided rcdamper with 6 pics demostrating my issues and provided him detailed explanations of what I had to do to get these products to work properly in the chassis he advertised. He only reponded back once, asking for pics, and then never again. I created a dispute though paypal, and he still refused to offer up the 50% refund. Mind you this amounted to $19. He still refused which required me to take all of the items off of my car and send them back to him, at my expense. As you can imagine, I simply canceled my dispute. Real nice seller(being sarcastic).

I highly suggest you don't order from rcdamper

bladeszx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yeah I've purchased some shocks from them as well but wasn't surprised when they turned out to be pure garbage. They were 99 so I wasn't expecting much.
Timbulb is offline   Reply With Quote