Wiki Posts
Search

AMBrc/MyLaps Transponder Cloning Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default AMBrc/MyLaps Transponder Cloning Options

If you are thinking about upgrading your AMB personal transponder (AMBrc PT not the new MyLaps RC4 type!) I can offer some options you may find are worth considering.

Firstly to confirm existing AMBrc PT's are compatible with AMBrc and MyLaps decoder systems, the timing protocol is the same no matter which transponder you use. Cloned transponders are a clone copy of the original, so where the original works the clones will also work - 100% exactly the same transmitted timing signal/data.

So if you have an old transponder and you're looking to upgrade ideally you would like a new one with the same ID number, preferably I would suggest a new one plus an extra as a spare or a second clone for your second car.

If your old PT or indeed house transponder (options available here too) is in bad condition a trade-in offer could be what you are looking for. A broken lead on a PT, a dead battery on a rechargeable battery transponder, or just a broken or damaged transponder - trading in for clones could be your best and cheapest option, standard PTX clone currently $56.

The cloning option.. MRT can supply you with clones, our PTX transponders are half the size of AMB PT's and also much lighter, they have a replaceable lead and come with the choice of a case without mounting tabs or with tabs (same AMB 3 hole spacing). Just unscrew the base to change it, or to replace the lead when required. Customised LED light and lead lengths are available, made to your specifications when you order.

The trade in offer - trade in your original AMBrc transponder get one extra PTX clone FREE of charge!

PTX information/FAQ on our website at www.rclaps.com cloning details on the PDF Clone Order Form - to order send the form along with your original AMBrc transponder.

For further help and advice or technical queries please contact [email protected]
Old 07-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

For any non-UK racers who are not that familiar with MRT, these guys make superb kit. I have been using their ESCs since 1996 and have literally never had one go wrong, or even seen one go wrong.

The MRT PTX clones are very popular here in the UK as they allow you to have two transponders with the same number. So you can switch cars without having to take the transponder out or hassle race control.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

What is mylap RC4? what are all the different types of of systems that are commonly used? Do the current amb transponders work with this RC4 system?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default mrt transponder

I have ordered three in the past few months. These work flawless. I had a AMB and the led wires broke off. I am, very pleased these units are serviceable. I have ran them with no issues at our home track. For the price you can not go wrong.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Is there any way I can get one by thursday
Old 08-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
Is there any way I can get one by thursday
Old 08-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by haywood
jus thought i asked... i jus pick one up off of rctech classifieds.. supposedly, it has never been used... let see how it works..
Old 08-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

jus thought i asked... i jus pick one up off of rctech classifieds.. supposedly, it has never been used... let see how it works..
They take about a week to get here in San Diego.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

So if I understand this, send your old AMB, buy one and get 1 free if you let them keep the old one.... Nice...
Old 08-26-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

What is mylap RC4? what are all the different types of of systems that are commonly used? Do the current amb transponders work with this RC4 system?
MyLaps RC4 personal transponders have superceded the older AMBrc DP (direct powered) personal transponders. AMB are now called MyLaps, RC4 personal transponders are backwards compatible with AMBrc/AMBrc3 systems (the most commonly used systems). AMB and MRT personal transponders are compatible with AMBrc, AMBrc3 and MyLaps decoders. Basically the transponders are all interchangeable and will count laps ok.

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
So if I understand this, send your old AMB, buy one and get 1 free if you let them keep the old one.... Nice...
Yes that's the 'Trade In Offer', send your AMBrc PT (any condition, working or non-working) order a PTX clone and get one extra clone free. Details and order form at: www.rclaps.com

Terry S.

Last edited by Terry_S; 08-26-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Terry, If I have already had you clone my AMB can I still send it in and have it replaced by an MRT transponder?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi John, trading in your AMB after already having had it cloned would require you to send it in, another clone would then be $28 US (half price) plus $9 shipping. Ordering another two and trading in would be $56 US plus $9 shipping (get one extra clone free).
Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Terry_S
Hi John, trading in your AMB after already having had it cloned would require you to send it in, another clone would then be $28 US (half price) plus $9 shipping. Ordering another two and trading in would be $56 US plus $9 shipping (get one extra clone free).
I would like to trade in my AMBrc and take advantage of this special. However I want to install the new transponders in my car and my son's car. Will we be able to run at the same time if you clone my AMB transponder and clone it to the MRT units?
Old 09-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Tech Addict

Great offer Terry!

My AMB PT is on it's way inn the mail today.

Looking forward to get the new ones.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Bobby Z
I would like to trade in my AMBrc and take advantage of this special. However I want to install the new transponders in my car and my son's car. Will we be able to run at the same time if you clone my AMB transponder and clone it to the MRT units?

There are actually 21 transponders inside these PTX's.... and can be changed to another number with the push of a button.

So yes, you will be able to run with your son.... but you will have to change the number in one of them...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.