Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Just got the Yok CGM >

Just got the Yok CGM

Just got the Yok CGM

Old 05-31-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Just got the Yok CGM

This car is awesome to drive and most of the stuff that needs to be checked is pretty easy to get to. I am looking for aftermarket parts for this vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas? I know of Rayspeed, but there site is in Asian, any other ideas would help.

Thanks for the help
Old 05-31-2004, 09:31 PM
tornado

Yoks owners are converting their SSG or black special to CGM due to the CGM's chassis stiffness.

Rayspeed would a list of other upgrade parts for da SD ....being chassis (making it look like black special), centre shaft, etc....gotta check around.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Just got the Yok CGM

Originally posted by shansrote
This car is awesome to drive and most of the stuff that needs to be checked is pretty easy to get to. I am looking for aftermarket parts for this vehicle. Does anyone have any ideas? I know of Rayspeed, but there site is in Asian, any other ideas would help.

Thanks for the help
Just got it, wouldn't it be a better idea to get used to it BEFORE looking at after market parts?
Old 05-31-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I just abit concern the weight of the CGM

shansrote -

Can you tell me how much weight for your CGM when ready to run? thanks
Old 06-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Car is great and handles well with tons of tuning options. Keep an eye on the plastic shaft drive cups, they break and bend. Go with the Team Suzuki stuff on the Yok web site, expensive though. The aluminum cups are great, but I think they might be discontinued.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:05 AM
tornado

Originally posted by edseb
Car is great and handles well with tons of tuning options. Keep an eye on the plastic shaft drive cups, they break and bend. Go with the Team Suzuki stuff on the Yok web site, expensive though. The aluminum cups are great, but I think they might be discontinued.
Discontinued....geeezzz... any other company making it ??

Old 06-30-2004, 02:24 AM
tornado

Originally posted by chappi
I just abit concern the weight of the CGM

shansrote -

Can you tell me how much weight for your CGM when ready to run? thanks
Mine is 1580g without transponder. Still heavy......any suggestion ?

Old 06-30-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

You should post your question to the Yokomo thread...
I would recommend replacing the front and rear input shafts with Titanium units made by Square. Or you could use the Aluminum units made by Yokomo.

A pair of the Ti units, weigh less than one of the shafts included in the kit. If you want to lighten the car, starting with the drive train is a excellent way to lighten the car, and imporve accelleration.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

By using Ti-screws and Shooter Graphite Shaft my weight landed on around 1520-1530 with personal transponder. And now with the most tranny parts in lightweight shape it is around 1490-1500 with personal transponder.

btw, i've tried several driveshafts, YMP Greens, Yokomo Blue alu and some ones i got from a friend who did'nt know what they were..
The YMP's hold up real well in modified with rubber and oneway IN REAR. In the front they twisted real bad, so i run them in rear only for now..
The "unknown" (bluegreen color) twisted like hell both in front and rear, not good
Yokomos hold up really well. I've broken one but that was in a BAD crash right into the boards in full speed that would bend up everything...
My current setup is YMP in rear and Yokomos with Square Ti output shafts (Yokomo is steel, heavy )
I've ordered Square Ti complete axles to try, my pal uses them with no twist at all..

Last edited by Tommy Bergfeldt; 06-30-2004 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Yokomo did (not sure if they still do) make good aluminum drive cups, but when I ordered, the Team Suzuki ones were available (they are milled down for weight) and they work great. As far as the shaft, the carbon fiber Yokomo one twists, but is much lighter. I actually had a big TC3 carbon fiber shaft cut down and reglued to the right size and it worked awesome till it failed. I'll probably try it again, it held up for about 6 weekends of racing.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys, move all this over to the Yokomo thread, we don't need two going at the same time. Thanks