Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Ok so I've narrowed it down to 4 cars. . . . >

Ok so I've narrowed it down to 4 cars. . . .

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Master

The list is Schumacer MI2, Losi xxx-s, Xray Factory (the only one I can't afford two of) and TA04 TRF cars. The winning car will be run in 540 stock class with 1500mah packs.

What I'd like to know from drivers of each (particularly from those who maybe running them in stock 540 of course) is what was it about the cars you didn't get that took them off your list.

Cheers in advance.

Ps: Please disregard the "whatever your local hobby shop supports" factor because there isn't one and any part would have to be mail ordered anyway.

Nb: if you think I'm going to scroll through 6000 plus replies on each cars thread think again. :P

Last edited by Mabuchi540; 05-31-2004 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

From what I hear....XRay
Old 05-31-2004, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

With no local parts support, go with the Xray...

Most durable car of the lot with performance to boot. The 04 may actually be little bit tougher but it does not have the performance of the T1.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

rather than choosing ta04 trf i would rather choose trf 414m that also accepts stick pack and offers a great deal of tuneability. it is a very stable car. losi xxx-s will give you great natural handling from out of the box setting and a sturdy chassis ensures your setting from getting tweaked. also the material is good. as for x ray.....its a great car, very solid and sleek, but is all that tuneability needed for your use.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by prodrive
rather than choosing ta04 trf i would rather choose trf 414m that also accepts stick pack and offers a great deal of tuneability. it is a very stable car. losi xxx-s will give you great natural handling from out of the box setting and a sturdy chassis ensures your setting from getting tweaked. also the material is good. as for x ray.....its a great car, very solid and sleek, but is all that tuneability needed for your use.
Good point..probably not! As I mentioned in another thread I tend to run (well did when running off road anyway) with the kit set up and whatever tires work for the day and make my style fit the car not the other way around.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Adept

losi is out because its just so fragile and you'll be forever waiting for parts to come.
ta04 is not a "top of the line" car as such. i had one and when i upgraded to the mi2 the change was outstanding. so much more responsive and faster.
i DO like the xray. and i DO like the mi2, thats why i bought one.
my lidt was between these two cars. mi2 or the xray i didnt really have anything to set them apart both are tough and both are very fast. mi2 is not as popular in the USA and ASIA, hence not as popular on these forums but where i race mi2 and xrays are pretty much winning everythign now. i went the mi2 because my pit-mate was getting one so it woulda been easier if we had the same car..
hard choice out of those two.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Losi parts aren't too hard to get here, they are only a phonecall away(To Hobby Direct).

I'd be inclined to say the X-Ray.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Ok what is it exactly....

about the Losi that is supposed to be fragile?
Old 05-31-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know what they're talking about - I've owned two of them, and other than breaking C-hubs (on the original XXX-S) and shock shafts on the G+ (the titanium nitride ones...,) nothing ever broke.

Okay, I did shear the right front off of the car twice in one day, but that was with a one-way and running carpet.

I stopped breaking c-hubs on the original XXXS about a month after I bought the kit (change in Stifezel formula? Maybe I just got used to the car and stopped hitting as much!)

I also stopped breaking shock shafts after I yanked the titanium nitride ones out and replaced them with the stockers. Yeah, the titanium was lighter, but also more brittle. The nitride coating, perhaps? Dunno - I'm not a chemist.

The Losi's a good car. However, I have an XRay and love it.

Rob
Old 05-31-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by losirob
I don't know what they're talking about - I've owned two of them, and other than breaking C-hubs (on the original XXX-S) and shock shafts on the G+ (the titanium nitride ones...,) nothing ever broke.

Okay, I did shear the right front off of the car twice in one day, but that was with a one-way and running carpet.

I stopped breaking c-hubs on the original XXXS about a month after I bought the kit (change in Stifezel formula? Maybe I just got used to the car and stopped hitting as much!)

I also stopped breaking shock shafts after I yanked the titanium nitride ones out and replaced them with the stockers. Yeah, the titanium was lighter, but also more brittle. The nitride coating, perhaps? Dunno - I'm not a chemist.

The Losi's a good car. However, I have an XRay and love it.

Rob
Is it true that the kit tires and inserts are shite and a wider front bumper is a good idea?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

The kit tires with the original XXXS were crap, yes.

As for the XXX-S G+, I can't remember what it came with.

Odds are, though, you'll need to pick up tires that work on your track. I doubt you'll find a kit with stock tires that hook up on your surface. It's possible, but I'd bet it doesn't happen very often.

Rob
Old 05-31-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Regular

I got a TA04R w/ all the hop ups for $125 plus shipping
Old 05-31-2004, 11:09 AM

You can't go wrong with any of those cars. It just comes down to parts support and which car you like the best. Your big 3(xray,shumacher, and losi) are all very good competitive cars. But I would go with the xray t1 fk .
Old 05-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Xray hands down.

6 months and i only change a rear arm.

Not forgetting 1x front belt and 3x rear belts.

All due to pebbles and etc. ..
Old 05-31-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Ok to help the decision along here's another question....

The Losi XXX-s G+ apparently had crap tires and inserts when it first came out but i see on the Losi website as pictured it now has slicks.

Are these kit tyres any good now and does it come with inserts you don't have to glue out of strips of plastic?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.