I have around 1500 laps done with the evo2 on indoor high grip carpet. The car is equipped with 17,5t unboosted electronics at 1400 grams. I had some hits in the wall also. Up till now the cvs work flawless. No vibration, a smoother turn in with the spool, no such resistence effect like it is shown in the Thompson video.
Therefore I am not 100% convinced with the product quality, because two of the four ordered cvs tend to bend slightly at around 20° angle. I put them in the back where they can't make any trouble. The material itself now looks strong enough to withstand modified...
This is what I wrote more than two months ago in the TC6-Thread:
Yes, I bought them. I know everyone who read the Litemodz thread now maybe thinks I must be a little confused and just two weeks ago I would have said you are right. It just took 5 weeks and three reminder emails until I got the first packet. Now you will ask yourself why the first. Just because they forgot to ship the inner cages of the axles. It then needed another week until I got them.
Today I could finally assemble these special axles. And it was
I ordered four axles. After assembly two are smooth as oil and two are bending when simulating steering. I couldn't solve the problem, so I use them for the rear. The assembly itself went fine without any problems. Everything fits without play.
The next problem occurred when I tried to put on the blades. The bonepins are 1.99mm in diameter. So the blades get on, but bind. Second thing the boneend is to thick. The bladeholes have to be widened and the inner blade U has to loose some material, too. Very frustrating for a product of this price and supposed for a TC6...
The next shock came when I installed it at front. It fits good, but I could not steer, because the end of the axle towards the C-hub stands out to far and has a greater radius than the originals. At this time I really wanted to throw everything in the corner and send this garbage back to the rainy place it came from! I could calm myself and analysed the problem. The C-hub need to get a 2mm radius around the oval opening edge in the middle and then the axle can move free. After that the rest of the installation went fine.
The first dry test was satisfying. No chatter at all even with full steering angle. Unfortunately the last indoor race of the season is history already and I don't know if it makes sense or will be faster on asphalt...
In conclusion Chris from Litemodz was very kind and seems to be interested in customer satisfaction. On the other hand when telling me he will send the order out the same week it was in fact two weeks later (the Royal mail just took three days to deliver). So I got the impression that the parts weren't available until I got them. All these things leave a mixed impression. Time and racing will tell if I turn out to a regular customer.
OK, thats all I have to say now. I think you guy deserve some pictures for reading: