Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Something I Need to Share (LOVE)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cardboard
The guy who decided that rc racing isn't for his sons.....etc, should considering gardening as their next hobby. No bad blood there
Amen
Old 05-29-2004, 07:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am disappointed with some of the replies I read in this thread, I guess if the hobby dies in your area, YOU PPL DESERVE IT!

This is typical childish behavior, I guess I shouldn't have to mention this, coz some of you are really still kids, physically AND mentally.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KMac
"The novice driver that punted my friend was definitely in the wrong"

I hate to be the one to break it to you but you couldn't be more wrong. The fact he's a novice by definition means that he is apt to be involved in just this type of incident; it's the expected performance of a novice. So it should have come as no surprise whatsoever that it happened. Your friend should only rightfully be pi$$ed at the race director who mixed the novices in with the pro class. The novice didn't choose to race with the pros, he was forced to do it.
Ok I disagree with this, if someone is obviously better then you show some dam respect and get out of there way if you can. I've punted people out of the way and have been yelled at(when I first started racing), I hit them due to MY lack of driving skill. In a race a few weeks later instead of trying to challenge the person I just gave him some room to pass and got a "thankyou". Two weeks later I had a chat with him and found out that he's not the prick I thought he was. Ok I'm not saying that yelling on the drivers stand is exceptable in any way, *but* not all vocal racers are the arseholes you originally think they are...

I still go wide and let someone pass is they are *alot* faster then I am.

Last edited by fatdoggy; 05-29-2004 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Being a decent racer ive been punted a few time during qualifing. sure it is not fun but lets be real here its just a local race and nothing is at stake. The guy was already tq so what did it matter if he went faster. As a "PRO" driver he should be aware of the dangers passing what you call a novice. People that consider themselfs pro should know better and should be the representatives of the sport. Always the first to help and the last to yell.
Old 05-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fatdoggy
FYI - To this day I still go wide and let someone pass is they are *alot* faster then I am.
Knowing to do that is what separates the novices from the more experienced drivers. Expecting a novice to make the same decision is ridiculous. Novices should NOT be mixed in classes with experienced drivers for this very reason. AND to expect a novice to make the right decision, under pressure, while trying to control a car with his very limited skills only shows that you don't understand what the novice classification means.

The novice doesn't know enough to know that he's in the way; he will try to go faster, pass you, etc....because he believes he can do it. He doesn't yet have the experience to know that he can't pull it off reliably. For a novice to perform under your criteria he wouldn't be a novice, would he?
Old 05-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Amen, I am surprised that some of you think its your god given right to tell newbies off, a good driver will know how to drive around newbies, and if the newbie can still punt you off, they you probably aren't fast enough to pull away from the newbie. Which also means your driving sucks.
Old 05-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

driving through traffic can be a pain, especially if youre already in a tight race, trying to lap someone who isnt in contention. Being a good sport about things only helps the hobby, and if you arent in contention anyway, why make things tougher for the ones that are battling? Stuff like this happens in all racing. anyone watch last weeks monaco GP?
Old 05-30-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It makes me sad to think of those kids being deprived of the joys of R/C racing, I think their father is a bit too protective. I mean, his sons may see two people yelling at each other over a parking space at the grocery store, or the Mall. I hope that the father reconsiders and goes back to that club with his sons, it would be a shame not to give them the opportunity to get involved in this Hobby, because of two guys who yelled bad words at each other.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

the faster guy needs to work to get around me i dont make it easy for anyone
Old 05-30-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Angry I soo have to disagree with some of the comments.....

Now I admit I haven't raced for 12 years and am getting back into it (this time on-road instead of off-road) but I think this still applies.....

As was often said at our track if your a newbie stick to your line if the faster guy is supposed to be that damn good let him pass you(or if your behind him and you get close enough to him) , if he can't pass (or stay ahead of) you then he's not that good to start with.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Default Snap!!!!! lol

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
the faster guy needs to work to get around me i dont make it easy for anyone
Old 05-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can you people look at yourselves? You guys ought to be ashamed of your replies.

Holier than thou attitudes. Do you think you're the KING OF THE TRACK?

Everyone has a right to be driving on the track as long as track or race fees are given.

If a newbie punts a PRO (which I assume lots of you ppl are, no wait.. which I assume lots of you ppl assume yourselves to be) then its a newbie thing!

Anything can happen in a race, apparently in the US, the more experienced you get in the hobby, the more of an arsehole you become.

I can't believe you suckers are sympathizing with the POOR TQ.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

and if you believe alot of the "saracastic" comments on this thread to be what people really are like then i have a bridge i can sell you
Old 05-30-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by R/C Anonymous
and if you believe alot of the "saracastic" comments on this thread to be what people really are like then i have a bridge i can sell you
Ahh k, I get your drift now...

So btw, how much's the bridge? How many packs ran?
Old 05-30-2004, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fatdoggy
Ok I disagree with this, if someone is obviously better then you show some dam respect and get out of there way if you can. I've punted people out of the way and have been yelled at(when I first started racing), I hit them due to MY lack of driving skill. In a race a few weeks later instead of trying to challenge the person I just gave him some room to pass and got a "thankyou". Two weeks later I had a chat with him and found out that he's not the prick I thought he was. Ok I'm not saying that yelling on the drivers stand is exceptable in any way, *but* not all vocal racers are the arseholes you originally think they are...

I still go wide and let someone pass is they are *alot* faster then I am.
Hi there

Just to relate my tale
I have to admit, whenever I get punted off by a backmarker, I let off a groan or a cuss word sometimes, nuthing I am particularly proud of and I am trying hard to stop doing it.... quite painful when you are chasing championship positions and something like that puts you out of contention.

I try to make it up by making it a point to yell out "Thank You" whenever a backmarker goes wide and lets me thru. (I am definately not TQ material but fast enuff to be challenging for A main podium positions).

People being the pricks they are.... I soon heard rumours that I was a loud mouth brute circulating round the local race scene.

Just cos I'm more vocal means I'm a vulgar brute???
This is supposed to be a relaxing hobby for crying out loud, I am not paying race fees to get a bad rep I dun deserve.... till they stop the off track back stabbing nonsense.... I am not racing anymore.

It's amazing how low some people are willing to swoop to take a fellow competitor out of the game (smearing their name and stuff)... I admit, I am letting these scumbags win.. but I value a good reputation more than some cheap bowling throphies ... I hope those scumbags enjoy their little "victory".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.