Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Reedy Race of Champions

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Tosolini is in the top group and looks to be running well! Cool to see area fast guy Kyle Skidmore from OKC, Oklahoma running so well in open mod! He is a great racer and good guy...good to see him doing so well.

Jeff
Old 05-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tc3 pro
anyone going to have videos by today for tomorow
There were several video cams set-up today, I am sure we will get some sweet footage!

Heads up action in the invite class was awsome today!

Shane...keep up the good work and good to finally meet ya today! Welcome to Cali!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:43 PM
R/C Tech Founder

We actualy have all 16 invitational rounds on video from today. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to convert them to distributable media files, nor have I had time to sort through the 300-odd photos I've taken. I will try to get as much of this stuff online tomorrow after the runs as possible, but I assume that getting the results up in a timely manner -- today it was usually within 10 minutes of the end of the round -- is more important to most.

Our video quality is beyond excellent -- it's a near-broadcast qualiy camera -- but we are far from expert cameramen. We're learning. I'll try to get at least a couple heats up in video after everything tomorrow. Otherwise, look for a demo DVD at some point in the future. I am really hoping to be able to put together some nice race video that we can use to promote the sport in hobby shops, import shows, and maybe even use to pitch to TV stations. You never know!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

GO KYLE!!!!!
Old 05-29-2004, 11:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Marc Rheinard...
WOW!!!
REALLY fast, and it's not like he is out there all the time either, I believe that it is his first time racing on this track!
From what I heard, in his fourth round of racing, he bumped into a team mate or someone, and Scotty asked him to stop, but he could not understand, and eventually about three laps later he pulled into the penilty box and placed second because of this. Still, a very fast driver! [/B]

Yeah Marc Rheinard is really showing that he's certainly one to be reckoned with.
He's 17, lives in Andernach near Cologne in Germany. This years Reedy Race is his first ever appearance in the US for him, he has been among the very best European TC drivers the last couple of years and has become better and better, amazing and really really nice guy. Would be impressive if he took it home... and nice with a new face among the rc stars we've become so used to
Old 05-30-2004, 12:17 AM
R/C Tech Founder

One other note that I should add about the invite class: there WILL be two throw-out rounds out of the eight. So, the landscape could still change significantly.

As I post my results, I will begin factoring in the throw-outs after round 7 (with one throw out) and then of course the final standings after round 8.

There are four drivers that have 2 (or more) wins so far: Surikarn (with 3), Hodapp, Rheinard and Francis. With the throw-outs coming into play, those four stand to control their own destiny tomorrow.

Anyway, to bed for me, expect a full race report (in the normal style) after the weekend is over, I just have too much going on. Plus I'm still unpacking and trying to settle in here, and I start my new job on Tuesday. Probably wasn't the best weekend to spend at a race, but ah, what the heck.

Also, for anybody interested, the next race we'll be doing here on rctech.net will be the ROAR Nationals in Portland, Oregon, July 12-18. Not sure about after that, I am hoping to be at the Hobby Expo and then we'll see about Worlds and then it will be time for Cleveland again before you know it.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Actually........ todays results are final.... tomorrows are seperate if i am correct. You get one throw out from each day as far as i recall. Unless they changed something for this year......

Jeff
Old 05-30-2004, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Last years European race (in the UK) had 8 rounds with 2 (or maybe 3) throw away rounds, spread over 2 days. Don't think this would be any different.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default RCvideos.net

Originally posted by R/C HEAT
There were several video cams set-up today, I am sure we will get some sweet footage!

Heads up action in the invite class was awsome today!

Shane...keep up the good work and good to finally meet ya today! Welcome to Cali!
We'll have invitational race and A-main of 19T and MOD.
Old 05-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Shane, any informations about the cars the ae boyz are using ? I heard 50% are modified TC3 and 50% are TC4 prototype (kept under a towel so that no one sees them, reminds me of something).

Same question about Spashett's car, seems like it's the prototype we've heard about some time ago, can you confirm ?

Anyway : good job !
Old 05-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The throw out situation is you can throw any two rounds. Last year was one from each day. This year is a little different to spice things up.

Peak/Orion have been very dominant, with driver's using just about every different kind of car. Protoform Mazda is the body of choice. Some of the Invite racing was spectacular.

Sunday is when the real contenders will step up to the front.

Open Mod is pretty close. Kinda strange with Jukka(former 4 wheel off-road World Champ) in invite. And current Champion Ryan Cavaleri in open class. With his drives at Cleveland that should have warranted him an Invitation.

19T- Has been very close so far between the top 5-6 guys. The mains should really seperate the top 4 from everyone else. SoCal, NorCal, and East Coast are all showing there stuff.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:39 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I will take a look at Spashett's car and the AE guys', but unless I'm grossly mistaken, when I looked at Mike and Barry's cars, they were the same old TC3s.

We're headed back up right now. See you all after round 5!
Old 05-30-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Any chance of seeing all the positions of 19T and mod, 11 thru 40? Unless they're posted somewhere else? thanks for the great coverage.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:23 AM
Tech Legend

Originally posted by DavidAlford
GO KYLE!!!!!
Old 05-30-2004, 10:04 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Silver: I will ask Fred if I can get a copy of the file on disk. I know he has it saved somewhere, I usually have to wait until the lunch break to get it, though.

Wild Cherry: Any chance I could get you to make that signature smaller? All that whitespace... grumble

Results forthcoming.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.