R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-02-2004, 09:13 AM   #301
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

I know the TAOB guys were there in full force filming so I'm sure Izzy will be putting together a DVD soon. Shane should have a bunch up soon and there were quite a few other people there filming. I'm sure it'll start showing up soon.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:40 AM   #302
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Del Mar, CA, USA
Posts: 7,063
Default

My long term plan is to put together a DVD just to see how it will look and what it takes. That will be a long way off, though. I've been so busy that I haven't captured any of the footage to the computer yet at all... with a 90 minute commute to and from work, and already lacking in sleep after my trip and the Reedy Race, it's been tough.

Things should start showing up here later this week or over the weekend.
__________________
Visit my store: www.ampdraw.com
futureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:03 AM   #303
Tech Elite
 
Turbonium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,302
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Turbonium
Default

wow.... 90 minute commute!
great job on the coverage, shane... im sure when you do have a chance to get it rolling, it will be top-notch, as always!
__________________
Wes

Team Novak
Turbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #304
Tech Master
 
ngo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Posts: 1,264
Send a message via ICQ to ngo8
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Baker will this set up work only on the reedy 19 t or will it work on other 19t motors
This is the way I set up the TQ's motor(EJ Evans).......

Reedy 766 brushes......on the positve side it was a plus cut(vertical and horizonal)......on the negitive side just a vertical slot(polarity brushes I call them...plus and minus)...Blackstock and I came up with this set up at the Novak race....

Reedy copper head springs bent to 180 degees both sides works the best...

hope that helps all of you,

Barry
__________________
Xray|ORCA|Sanwa|Trinity|KoPropo
ngo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #305
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Reedy Race Open Results

The results and lap times have been posted for the mains:

Open Spec and Mod Final Results
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 11:41 AM   #306
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
My long term plan is to put together a DVD just to see how it will look and what it takes. That will be a long way off, though. I've been so busy that I haven't captured any of the footage to the computer yet at all... with a 90 minute commute to and from work, and already lacking in sleep after my trip and the Reedy Race, it's been tough.

Things should start showing up here later this week or over the weekend.
shane.. maybe you can work with izzy and create a 2-disc extended version DVD? kinda like those lord of the rings dvds that come out.

btw...izzy will be coming out with a dvd. stay tuned.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:09 PM   #307
Tech Addict
 
E.J. Evans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 601
Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Baker
This is the way I set up the TQ's motor(EJ Evans).......

Reedy 766 brushes......on the positve side it was a plus cut(vertical and horizonal)......on the negitive side just a vertical slot(polarity brushes I call them...plus and minus)...Blackstock and I came up with this set up at the Novak race....

Reedy copper head springs bent to 180 degees both sides works the best...

hope that helps all of you,

Barry
Thanks Barry!! the plus minus worked great!

BTW: Thanks for going minus 2 plus 2 on the golf course. LOL that worked great for me also!!

You can use a dremel with a fine cutting tool to make the slits.
__________________
T.O.P. Racing | APEX Hobbies | R1 | Solaris | NorCal Hobbies |

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:20 PM   #308
Tech Elite
 
eeyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: California
Posts: 3,944
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to eeyan Send a message via Yahoo to eeyan
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
I know the TAOB guys were there in full force filming...
Yup we were there alright IN FULL FORCE(I like the term John... ) Like I told the guys; even if we didn't get to race, we'll make sure to be involved in it somehow...

I took 3 hours of footage myself(was in charge of Saturday filming)... finished watching all 3 60-min tapes and there was no instance that I got bored... so it should be good...

BTW, J Kerr... I got some sweet pics of your car in your heat... that body you used is good for the camera! Stands out nice...
__________________
TAOB Racing Team (1999 - 2011)
eeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:24 PM   #309
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by eeyan
Yup we were there alright IN FULL FORCE(I like the term John... ) Like I told the guys; even if we didn't get to race, we'll make sure to be involved in it somehow...

I took 3 hours of footage myself(was in charge of Saturday filming)... finished watching all 3 60-min tapes and there was no instance that I got bored... so it should be good...

BTW, J Kerr... I got some sweet pics of your car in your heat... that body you used is good for the camera! Stands out nice...
Hey, Ian...I was in the Cmain. Someone took my out after the first lap. Do you have that race on tape. That was the same main John Kerr was in. I'd like to know who it was.

Thanks,
Oliver
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:26 PM   #310
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by DOTMAN
Hey, Ian...I was in the Cmain. Someone took my out after the first lap. Do you have that race on tape. That was the same main John Kerr was in. I'd like to know who it was.

Thanks,
Oliver
Hey remember-revenge is bittersweet!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:31 PM   #311
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

me...I'm not a vengeful person...I just want to know who it was. It helps to know who you can race close with and who you can't
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #312
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Ian, I can't wait to see those. Email me some copies if you get a chance. [email protected]

Oliver- I got punted at the start and then again half way through. I don't think I hit you at all. I was kind of a ping pong ball in the hairpin on the start.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:35 PM   #313
Tech Champion
 
rayhuang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Posts: 6,511
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang
Default

...

Last edited by rayhuang; 06-02-2004 at 12:47 PM.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:46 PM   #314
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jkerr0043
Ian, I can't wait to see those. Email me some copies if you get a chance. [email protected]

Oliver- I got punted at the start and then again half way through. I don't think I hit you at all. I was kind of a ping pong ball in the hairpin on the start.
Hey, John...I think I know who it was and it wasn't you. It's just a shame to have spent four days at a track preparing for one race only to have someone end your weekend after one lap.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 12:49 PM   #315
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,517
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Me too-I try and race fair, but I have to say-if I get shoved hard on the first lap-I will shove back!!
you know what they say "Nice guys finish last". I was respectful of the other drivers and lifted going into the first and second turns to avoid hitting anyone and I get broke by someone who didn't give a rats xxx and finished of course...LAST
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA speedxl Electric On-Road 1045 07-18-2005 07:12 PM
Reedy Race of Champions 2004 Windtalkers Malaysian R/C Racers 7 06-11-2004 09:53 PM
Reedy Race Of Champions 2004 ROBORAT Electric On-Road 6 05-26-2004 09:12 AM
Reedy Race of Champions 2004 glide 1 Electric On-Road 2 05-06-2004 10:01 PM
R/C Tech Live @ the 2004 Winterfest U.S. Triple Crown Race in Milwaukee, WI futureal Electric On-Road 52 03-02-2004 07:30 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net